electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
What do you use as interfaces for your ChucK projects?
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
brkl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: What do you use as interfaces for your ChucK projects? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a growing generative music lovechild that has a bunch of moving pieces I'd like to be able to adjust while the program is running. Currently, I'm using Common Music to control it through OSC, but that's pretty cumbersome. Ideally, I'd use something like TouchOSC or Lemur, but I haven't encountered anything customizable enough for Windows. I don't really need anything that spiffy, though. How do you make GUIs for ChucK projects?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome brkl

Bit of a shameless plug maybe ... but ... as you mentioned Windows as the target platform ... could http://bluehell.electro-music.com/modules/forums.html#changes be useful for you?

I implemented some OSC stuff in the latest release, and to be honest I tested it badly .. lousily ... but ... I'd react on bug reports and wishes ... the OscMessage module might do what you need, dunno Smile

Anyway .. .. heh .. your message was a good excuse to make a release today Razz

brkl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Mr. Hell! I did manage to send an OSC message from Wren to ChucK. In theory I could make use of the Constant bits and some others. But it's pretty clear that's not really what the software is designed for! The interface is a bit much for what I'm trying to do. I couldn't even figure out how to make the Constant send a message each time it's changed. But thanks for the suggestion Smile
brkl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I've landed on Surface Editor (http://www.surface-editor.net/). The first time I tried it I couldn't get OSC messages out (interface woes again), but was successful now. It's not ideal, but I should be able to wrangle it to do what I need.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
Jump to: