electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Hallejul - swedish christmas greeting
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Hallejul - swedish christmas greeting Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a cristmassy greeting from me, possibly it can resonate with those who don't celebrate christmas. Despite the title, there is no specific christian message.

This will probably be the last thing I'll finish in 2015 - a contribution to the 99musik annual christmas calender, where members at the 99musik.se music forum contribute one track each over the days in december, up to the 24th.

It's a silly take on the cheesy kinds of christmas songs you get here, on the radio and elsewhere, often in a religions setting. The original intention was to just have a bit of fun and a laugh, but I found myself taking care to put something real into the lyric.

I won't translate it literally, but it's about a man in a lonely apartment at midnight, sitting in a chair and looking at an old christmas postcard. No cards have arrived over the latest years, nor has he sent any. It ends on a happy note, with a friend coming on a surprise visit with his father, a deck of cards, some food and a harmonica.

My country has the highest rate in the world of homes with single residents - I myself live alone in an apartment. This is both a blessing and a curse - I get to live my life just as I want to, without demands, but I also lack company.

You need other people in troubled times (as right now - I broke my leg and can't even climb the three stairs to my home! Luckily my parents took me in and I am spending the holidays in their house.) But you also need company in the everyday life, to stay sane and survive. Research shows that people who live alone tend to get shorter lives than those who don't.

So here's to all of you who spend your family-centric holidays on your own. May you feel friendship flowing from this computer screen. rendeer

(Lovely kangaroo picture courtesy of compute at 99musik.se)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hallejul - swedish christmas greeting Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
May you feel friendship flowing from this computer screen. rendeer

Yes I do Smile

vulnerable we are Confused

Anyways .. hope you will post he track here too .. soundcloud is defect .. or maybe my computers are, or maybe they just interfere somewhat strange.

And to Stefan's leg: heal quick! And to Stefan: enjoy the stay at your parent's place

DrJustice

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hallejul back atcha! Very Happy

And get well soon!
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wishing you a merry Christmas. Drink lots of booze I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it's good for broken legs Wink
DrJustice

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A tiny jule-ditty from me too: here

Edit: @ Stefan, I can only see a SounCloud banner - I can't click my way to the tune.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm ok I'll try to find a proper computer and try to download and repost...
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: