electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
Parking and A/C???
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Agnes

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Parking and A/C??? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What are the parking arrangements at the Cheltenham Art Center and is the building air conditioned? Question
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some, but not all of the rooms are air conditioned.

The parking lot is small, there is additional parking on the street (one block down, not on Ashbourne Rd), and also in the church parking lot across the street (when not in use).
secretmusic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like carpooling is in order. I'll be staying at the Red Roof, which is up the road from the Roosevelt. I'll be happy to help out in that manner. I'm arriving Tuesday to do some sightseeing. If anyone needs a ride, let me know.
Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, Scott. I'm sure there will be alot of need for car pooling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
secretmusic

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm here in Philly. The "free internet" at the Red Roof wasn't quite as I had envisioned, but I'm up and running. I can't seem to see my email, so anyone that wants to get a hold of me can do so here. Art museums today, historical stuff tomorrow, zoo and aquarium thurs. Gotta admit, Philly's pretty cool.
Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to Philly, Scott, even though I'm not there yet. Smile

If your laptop has a wireless port, you can maybe get your email at the art center.

See you soon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Agnes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Weather Forcast Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The weather is going to be hot and humid for the conference, so bring appropriate clothing. The current weather is in the 70s, quite nice and the nights are chilly, but it is expected to go up into the middle or high 80's on Sat. & Sun., so be prepared.
Agnes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Internet access near the Art Center Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Free Library and all its branches in Phila. have free Internet access. Consult the phone book for the closest branch. However, there may be a long waiting line, depending on the number of computers the library has and how many people have signed up for using it. Call before going and find out how many computers and if the waiting list is long, reserve a spot if you can over the phone.

You might have better success at one of the suburban libraries:*
Abington library 215-885-5180 ( a very good library and several computers)
Cheltenham Library 215-635-5000 (closest to the Art Center)
Huntingdon Valley Library 215-947-5138 (don’t know anything about it)
Jenkintown Library 215-884-0593 (small library)
Northeast Regional Library 215-685-0525 (a large Philadelphia library with lots of computers)

These two are near the Red Roof Inn
Bensalem Library 215-638-2031
Langhorne Library 215-7572510

*Not responsible for the accuracy of the numbers, I got them from the phone books.
*I have personally visited the Abington Library and the Northeast Regional, both are excellent libraries with many computers, however, because they are good, they often have a lot of people there.
secretmusic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Red Roof Inn is using T Mobile, which is new to me, and is causing some consternation. I can't find my email server, so I can't read or send email. Depending on the type of connection at the Arts Center, that may or may not make things better for me. Believe it or not, I can live for a few days without email. If anyone needs a ride (Dave Peck, you still need a ride?), I'm just up the road from the Roosevelt Inn and Rt.73. You can get in touch with me here or perhaps leave a message at the front desk. I'll be sightseeing Thursday, but I'll check when I get back. I'm hoping to make the party, and I've got directions, which seem easy enough. Hey Greg, what time does the party start anyway? I'll be at the Zoo and maybe the Aquarium tomorrow, but I'd love to come afterwards. The weather's been pretty warm the last two days. Makes me cringe to think what the weekend's going to be like. Hopefully the rain Friday night will cut the humidity level.

Scott Raymond

Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think stuff starts at Greg's at about 4 PM or so. See you soon. Very Happy
sbowman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Tip from a Native Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

There's a great music store stocked full of used synths and gear not far from the Art Center, just off of Roosevelt Blvd (Route 1) at Oxford Circle. I always find something cool when I go there. Prices are good, and they bargain sometimes if you ask. It's where I found my Chroma Polaris many years ago.

Check out:

Cintioli's Music Center
5349 Oxford Avenue
Philadelphia
PA
(215) 533-2050

A map is here: http://www.digitalcity.com/philadelphia/shopping/main.adp?_diraction=detail&_dircid=108082383
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
Jump to: