electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
March Equinox 2016 live streaming event.
Page 2 of 4 [76 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you! I updated the schedule.

and thanks for keeping the poster up-to-date jan. (say hi to hellbo for me)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Preferred Start Time (Please use GMT/Military Time): 16:30
2. Set Length (30 or 60 minutes): 30 mins
3. Artist Name (For displaying on the poster): Epicyclus / Orchard
4. Chat Name (if different from artist/forum name): Skrog Productions
5. Location (City/State/Country - Optional): Southern Scotland , UK
6. Description (Style/Genre/Equipment, etc. - Optional): Dark & Sparkly sequenced modular.

Thanks , Dave.
Smile Smile Smile
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DON'T FORGET TO DO A STREAMTEST BEFORE THE EVENT!

The schedule with the assigned ports can be found here

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
DON'T FORGET TO DO A STREAMTEST BEFORE THE EVENT![/url]

Over the past couple of weeks, I have done several stream tests. I can do another one tonight either before or after Jez's AIS in case anyone wants to listen.
rdorsche

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) I will test tomorrow night (Thursday)

2) can someone verify for me that 17:30 GMT is 13:30 Eastern (USA)? We just changed out of Daylight Savings last weekend
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rdorsche wrote:
1) I will test tomorrow night (Thursday)

2) can someone verify for me that 17:30 GMT is 13:30 Eastern (USA)? We just changed out of Daylight Savings last weekend

During standard time, EST is GMT -5. During daylight savings time ("spring ahead"), EDT is GMT-4. So, 17:30 - 4 is indeed 13:30 (aka 1:30 pm EDT).

Steve
rdorsche

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, Dr. Steve!
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible for me to get the regular Chez mosc slot?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rdorsche

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

couldn't get an admin on tonight. hoping I'll get a little help with testing tomorrow after 5pm eastern to test my port.

p.s. why do I have such a complicated setup? (look at the chart)
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rdorsche wrote:
couldn't get an admin on tonight. hoping I'll get a little help with testing tomorrow after 5pm eastern to test my port.

Sorry Robert, I waited untill 3am but had to get some sleep. If by chart you mean the port routing that looks more complicated than it is
You just connect the same way as you have done before, I just copied it from the September Equinox event. I personally prefer the
standard ports but Jan wants people that do their own shows to use it so there is no switching needed. I don't actually remember you
having done that though, so I am not sure why you got that port assigned in the first place, maybe you couldn't get another one to work ?
But I could give you a standard port for the event.

mosc wrote:

You had the regular slot but mentioned last week you would be going to Kutztown University so I took Twyndyllyngs off the schedule.
I can put it back on. I was looking forward to an hour of Antimon though so if you can start 30 minutes later that'll be great.

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
mosc wrote:

You had the regular slot but mentioned last week you would be going to Kutztown University so I took Twyndyllyngs off the schedule.
I can put it back on. I was looking forward to an hour of Antimon though so if you can start 30 minutes later that'll be great.

Pho, Howard--I'll let you guys sort it out, but I had to chime in here just in case. By regular time, I suspect Howard means 6pm east coast USA time, which is now GMT -4 (as of last week). By my calculation, 6 + 4 + 12 = 22:00 GMT. According to the posted schedule as of a few minutes ago, Cranial Mythos was on for 22:00 [aka 6 pm EDT]. Antimon is listed as 22:30 [aka 6:30 EDT].

If you need to move me to a later time slot , that is fine with me--I can listen to myself play live anytime, and I really want to hear Greg, Howard & Bill, and Stefan.

(And if you already have it worked out, just ignore me.)

iSteve
rdorsche

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
rdorsche wrote:

Sorry Robert, I waited untill 3am but had to get some sleep. If by chart you mean the port routing that looks more complicated than it is
You just connect the same way as you have done before, I just copied it from the September Equinox event. I personally prefer the
standard ports but Jan wants people that do their own shows to use it so there is no switching needed. I don't actually remember you
having done that though, so I am not sure why you got that port assigned in the first place, maybe you couldn't get another one to work ?
But I could give you a standard port for the event.

Sounds good to me; we must have just missed each other, I was testing around 10 or 11PM my time.
I'll try testing again immediately after I get out of work and home, about 5PM EST.
I tried using the same config I used last event I played in, tried switching the ports to any of those numbers in BUTT (9876, 8052, 9878) and even with Mike Hunter's help, he couldn't listen in on any accompanying listening port (9877, 9879... etc). Which begs the question: how does one check their connection by themselves?

At any rate, BUTT tells me I'm connected. I just can't know if it's telling the truth.
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Steve, I already thought there might be some time confusion with the recent changes. I rather not make too
many last minute adjustments to the schedule though unless I can discuss it with all participants in chat at the same time.

But I could move Cranial Mythos to your slot if I get confirmation from howard that they will indeed not be at Kutztown University.
Than move Antimon up 30 minutes if he is ok with it and you after him. The 20:30 slot is also still available though so if you could do that
(yes, you mentioned a later slot) that would fill up that gap. Or move Antimon to that slot but I really would like to hear an hour Wink

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rdorsche wrote:
I tried using the same config I used last event I played in, tried switching the ports to any of those numbers in BUTT (9876, 8052, 9878) and even with Mike Hunter's help, he couldn't listen in on any accompanying listening port (9877, 9879... etc). Which begs the question: how does one check their connection by themselves?

When you perform you connect to 9876 which will put you directly on the main radio channel (8052). For testing you use 9878
which you can listen to on 8054. This is one reason why I prefer the regular ports so you don have to change ports between testing
and performing. During the event this doesn't really matter though and you could just test on 9876 right away since the main radio
channel will be connected to other ports anyway.

egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Twyndyllyngs was originally at 2300. If that doesn't work I'm willing to move.
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! Just keep an eye on the schedule in case there are any changes. But I will post those here as well of course.
rdorsche

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm all port-tested and safe to let wander in large groups now.
Queer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try testing tonight!

Success! Tested on 8138 and all good!

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Preferred Start Time (Please use GMT/Military Time): 17:00
2. Set Length (30 or 60 minutes): 30
3. Artist Name (For displaying on the poster): PHOBoS
4. Chat Name (if different from artist/forum name): PHOBoS
5. Location (City/State/Country - Optional): Moon Base
6. Description (Style/Genre/Equipment, etc. - Optional): That's not music
7. Website Address: http://phobos.000space.com/
8. Anything else you like to mention: prrrfteh bleep tjing tokkkk ping

AlBaldwin

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Ready ... almost
Subject description: March
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Connection good.
Time for the usual last-minute-fiddling with instruments.
Looking forward to it.
rdorsche

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Ready ... almost
Subject description: March
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="AlBaldwin"]Connection good.
Time for the usual last-minute-fiddling with instruments.
Looking forward to it.[/quote

How about that, I'm not the last-second guy this year! Smile
AlBaldwin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Last Second Guy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dunno. We may have a race going here.
Tweak Tweak Tweak
dasz
rdorsche

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Last Second Guy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlBaldwin wrote:
Tweak Tweak Tweak
dasz

Tweaking? I'm still writing out a path
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Last Second Guy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rdorsche wrote:
AlBaldwin wrote:
Tweak Tweak Tweak
dasz

Tweaking? I'm still writing out a path

I have most of the wires connected--power, audio, audio--and the controllers do stuff. Time to figure out the other stuff now.
AlBaldwin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Aha! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It'll be good.
Page 2 of 4 [76 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: