electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Nord Modular Editor on OS X using wine
Page 5 of 6 [140 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
JeEA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My MT4 works super with XP
It does not find my NM and says still looking.
I Can not see why it does that.....yet anyway.

The nm software runs fine now thanks to Yot Wink

I just need it to find the synth.

Cheers
Yot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JeEA wrote:
Super great thanks!
I finally Got the editor to work thanks to
Your effort with the added Wine program.

You're welcome. Hope you will get it work with another Midi Interface
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JeEA wrote:
My MT4 works super with XP It does not find my NM and says still looking. I Can not see why it does that.....yet anyway.

I may have misunderstood. I thought you were saying the XP couldn't find the NM which was connected to your XP via the MT4. In any case, best wishes finding a solution.
Yot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you should have a midi interface that works on Mac Os in order to make it work correctly.
JeEA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jep
Since my mt4 works with win XP
I thought it would work on my Mac, but apparently not Sad

What midi interface are You guys using with Your Mac and NM?

Cheers
Yot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JeEA wrote:

I'm using an old Edirol UM-2 USB midi interface
Yot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yot wrote:
JeEA wrote:

I'm using an old Edirol UM-2 USB midi interface

JeEA, is your mt4 works in a Max os X environment?
Could you test it with any other Midi application excluding the 'Wined' Editor?
Yot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally, it seems it's only working with Midi interfaces that doesn't requires any driver.

EDIT: Not 100% about that. Works with several Midi interfaces. I'll try to list them soon.

If any of you experienced success, could you tell which Midi interface you use? I would make a list of compatibles Midi interfaces.

Cheers!
JeEA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tried studio one seq program. No luck.
Will try Apples GarageBand one of the days
kedasc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Up and running with OS X 10.10.5 and midisport 4x4 Very Happy
Yot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kedasc wrote:
Up and running with OS X 10.10.5 and midisport 4x4 Very Happy

Thx for the feedback
basarunder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yot wrote:
Hi guys,

I made a standalone version of the Micro Modular Editor v3.03 for Mac. It's Wine embedded so that's why the file is so big. But for those who don't want to bother installing Brew, Wine... it's easier.

I would love to have your feedback. Cheers!
HERE:
http://www.stage-engine.com/micro-modular/

Hey thanks a lot for the effort! I just tried downloading your version of the editor but the page doesn't respond after clicking the download link. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe it's my terrible connection. It says that the site can't be reached. Anyway, cheers!
Yot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

basarunder wrote:

Hey thanks a lot for the effort! I just tried downloading your version of the editor but the page doesn't respond after clicking the download link. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe it's my terrible connection. It says that the site can't be reached. Anyway, cheers!

You should try again. It works here. Wink
emArk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Built my own wrapper with Wineskin and included the Clavia supplied editor. Works on Sierra with my Unitor8 mkII. Really pleasd with that!

PS @Yot, tried your version, works like a charm with Unitor8 mkII
Yot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For those who might be interested, I added the Nord G2 Demo for Mac OSX on the same section: https://www.stage-engine.com/micro-modular-1/
Scroll down to the bottom to download the installer.
Cheers!
monotremata

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wanted to report in.. Got a new desk today so I was finally able to get everything out and setup after two years of downtime.. Tried out this version of the editor and it worked flawlessly with my old Emagic AMT8 on macOS 10.12. Everything went so smooth it was just like running an old Win2000 machine or the OS9 editor. Not surprising since the MT4 and Unitor were already tested but hey at least we know all the Emagic's are still alive!

I might have to get out my Sound Diver cd now and wrap it. Maybe I can ditch the VirtualBox XP Ive kept going just for these 2 apps now.
djthermal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't seem to get this patch to work...here is the message I get in the terminal:

==> Applying winecoreaudio_sysex.patch
patching file dlls/winecoreaudio.drv/midi.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 437.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 836.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 918.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/winecoreaudio.drv/midi.c.rej
Error: Failure while executing: /usr/bin/patch -g 0 -f -p1 -i /private/tmp/wine--patch-20170311-56784-1mabnf4/winecoreaudio_sysex.patch

What to do?? I am on 10.8.5, by the way.

edit: Stupid me, I did not skip steps 2 and 3 as specified. Will uninstall and try again.
djthermal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It works!! INCREDIBLE!!! I have been dreaming of this for just about as long as I have owned my G1 (12 years or so now). I am overjoyed!!

THANK YOU TINEZ SIR! You are da maaaaaaaan
monotremata

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Monotremata wrote:
Just wanted to report in.. Got a new desk today so I was finally able to get everything out and setup after two years of downtime.. Tried Yot's version of the editor and it worked flawlessly with my old Emagic AMT8 on macOS 10.12. Everything went so smooth it was just like running an old Win2000 machine or the OS9 editor.

I might have to get out my Sound Diver cd now and wrap it. Maybe I can ditch the VirtualBox XP Ive kept going just for these 2 apps now.
Deftaudio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wondering if anyone got SoundDiver working?
I'm at 3.0.5 version, Win 2.0.1 Stable or 2.6 Dev, patch is not applied as first post says it's not needed any longer.

Once SoundDiver is started, it tries to send something - I see LED activity on a MIDI interface. But it doesn't pass a loopback test (of course with loopback MIDI cable).
I'm a bit suspicious if input doesn't work.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTVum2HBoWr/?taken-by=deftaudio

Could someone please help me in that? Wondering if I should actually apply a patch?
squarewhite

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi,

I'm getting some problems starting wine. It was working a while back before I had to replace my harddisk. I've installed brew from Brew.sh, ran brew doctor but I get this error.

brew doctor
Please note that these warnings are just used to help the Homebrew maintainers
with debugging if you file an issue. If everything you use Homebrew for is
working fine: please don't worry and just ignore them. Thanks!

Warning: The system curl on 10.8 and below is often incapable of supporting
modern secure connections & will fail on fetching formulae.

We recommend you:
brew install curl

Warning: Unbrewed header files were found in /usr/local/include.
If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems when
building Homebrew formulae, and may need to be deleted.

Unexpected header files:
/usr/local/include/jack/control.h
/usr/local/include/jack/intclient.h
/usr/local/include/jack/jack.h
/usr/local/include/jack/jslist.h
/usr/local/include/jack/metadata.h
/usr/local/include/jack/midiport.h
/usr/local/include/jack/net.h
/usr/local/include/jack/ringbuffer.h
/usr/local/include/jack/session.h
/usr/local/include/jack/statistics.h
/usr/local/include/jack/systemdeps.h
/usr/local/include/jack/thread.h
/usr/local/include/jack/transport.h
/usr/local/include/jack/types.h
/usr/local/include/jack/uuid.h
/usr/local/include/jack/weakjack.h
/usr/local/include/jack/weakmacros.h

Warning: Unbrewed .pc files were found in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.
If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems when
building Homebrew formulae, and may need to be deleted.

Unexpected .pc files:
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/jack.pc

Warning: You are using macOS 10.8.
We (and Apple) do not provide support for this old version.
You may encounter build failures or other breakages.
Please create pull-requests instead of filing issues.

I tried to run brew install curl, and this is what I got.

Updating Homebrew...
==> Auto-updated Homebrew!
Updated 1 tap (homebrew/core).
==> Updated Formulae
sslscan thefuck

==> Using the sandbox
==> Downloading https://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.54.0.tar.bz2

curl: (35) error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version
Error: Failed to download resource "curl"
Download failed: https://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.54.0.tar.bz2

Also I don't find the /usr/local/Library/Formula/wine.rb in my folders. I don't even have Formula as a folder.

Any help or advice? please?

thanks!
squarewhite

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi again,

ok so i tried again today. I brew doctor again and updated the formula-file system. Then I click on ModularEditor3_03.exe and it started wine! I don't need to even go into Terminal to get it running. Then Viola!! It finds my midi interface and loads up the patches on my editor!! I don't know if it's because of the formula-file update or what... but now it works. I hope it does so again....

I also added the jack installer and the wineasio.dll file to my wine app 1.8.4.

ok. hope it helps others as well. But all in all, the post from tinez is most helpful and adding the jack installer and wineasio.dll works for me as well.

thanks a million!! now back to patching!

cheers
dark_elf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys!

First of all, thanks for all the precious help from this topic.

I own a G2 and a Micro Nord, i always wanted to use the MN on my MBP running Mavericks - 10.9.5

Tried all ways mentioned here, with an RME Fireface 400.
Nomad would give me timeout errors, while the editor through Stage engine's app or opened in .exe via crossover or wine, would show my ports either blank (big white box) either showing, but 'looking...' or 'still looking...' and no connection to the MN.

Frustrating...

I also have a midi-hub, it's a Midiface from Miditech (small 4x4) so then i decided to try this. It worked! Smile Smile Smile

The regular editor works, and also Nomad.
HAPPY patching!!!

Dimitri
boojiebit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello everyone!

i've installed this on my OS X 10.10.5 mac with an magic amt8 interface. so far, it's pretty amazing and is running smoothly. however, there is one major thing i can't seem to do: assign a parameter to a knob.

before this i was using the older OS X beta editor clavia offered many years ago on my mac running 10.4.11. before this it was os9 (lol those were the days). in each instance all i had to do was Control-click a knob and a dropdown would allow me to choose where i wanted to assign it. Control-click does not seem to do this on the Wine version.

what am i missing?

peace
SysEx-Error

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:  Emagic Sounddiver hardly works Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deftaudio wrote:
Wondering if anyone got SoundDiver working?
I'm at 3.0.5 version, Win 2.0.1 Stable or 2.6 Dev, patch is not applied as first post says it's not needed any longer.

Once SoundDiver is started, it tries to send something - I see LED activity on a MIDI interface. But it doesn't pass a loopback test (of course with loopback MIDI cable).
I'm a bit suspicious if input doesn't work.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTVum2HBoWr/?taken-by=deftaudio

Could someone please help me in that? Wondering if I should actually apply a patch?

Happy new year,

you are probably able to use Sounddiver 3.052 (wine 1.83, MacPorts instead of homebrew, Mac 10.10) Wink , but there are some limitations Rolling Eyes : It is possible to send a bulk to your MIDI-device - that's the reason for LED activity on your MIDI-Interface, but requesting depends on the package. JD-990, Cyber, CS6x e.g. can be used in both directions: K5000, AN1x, ESX-1 doesn't work on request. IMHO: Input-Buffersize of winecoreaudio.drv seems to be to small. Does anyone has got a MacPorts patch version? Embarassed
At this moment I try to figure this leak out.

Any other idea, how to fix this issue Question
SysEx arrow
Page 5 of 6 [140 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: