electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Finally moved
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Finally moved Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did it. I finally moved. Steve, we're now kind of neighbors. Smile

In other news, my significant other of thirteen years and I are now engaged. She proposed. She planned this since before we moved.

I'll be busy working on our new home and homestead. Might do a YouTube homesteading channel.

We have a separate guest house that will be my studio. It's going to be a while before it becomes 100%. We don't have Internet, so it's going to be interesting to see how I can participate in shows, but I'm very much looking forward to playing for you all again. It's been way too long.

So that's what's up. See you all around. 🙂

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, finally Exclamation - but ... no internet Shocked may you soon have a studio again then, at least Cool
audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Jan. Going to be using my phone a lot for Internet. Studio needs work. New lights, new floor, new electric panel, grounding pigtails. It'll be awesome when it's done, though.

New house came with an antique piano. Bowen by Boston, made 1921. Still sounds good. I plan to restore it gradually.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ow even a bad piano is great! Cool
audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree! I think it's an upright grand. It'll be lovely when its restored.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally moved Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audiodef wrote:
I did it. I finally moved. Steve, we're now kind of neighbors. Smile

In other news, my significant other of thirteen years and I are now engaged. She proposed. She planned this since before we moved.

I'll be busy working on our new home and homestead. Might do a YouTube homesteading channel.

We have a separate guest house that will be my studio. It's going to be a while before it becomes 100%. We don't have Internet, so it's going to be interesting to see how I can participate in shows, but I'm very much looking forward to playing for you all again. It's been way too long.

So that's what's up. See you all around. 🙂

Congrats on the move and on your engagement!!!!! I hope all your gear and your other possessions survived--as well as you and your significant other. My house is a mess, otherwise I'd say, "Come on over, kind-of neighbor." Wink.
audiodef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mess? You should see my house. Not only is there the usual move in mess, we're doing renovations. We love our new house, though.
airlock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally moved Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audiodef wrote:
I did it. I finally moved....

Congrats on the move and change in status; I'm right behind you on the move... BTW, you're Audiodef and Gen Too Studio links are bad in Firefox:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to audiodef.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 12/12/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh audiodef.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Airlock. So you're planning to move soon?

Had to restart Apache and run certbot renew on my server. Things have been too busy for me to stay on top of that. Thanks for the heads up. 🙂

airlock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good, I saw that you fixed those links, good stuff.
Just tonight finished unpacking at my brothers house in Southport NC, and will be looking for a house to buy in the area soon. Goodbye Pennsylvania.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats on both bits of news.

No internet though, hermit like.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Airlock wrote:
Good, I saw that you fixed those links, good stuff.
Just tonight finished unpacking at my brothers house in Southport NC, and will be looking for a house to buy in the area soon. Goodbye Pennsylvania.

Congrats on your move as well.
Oskar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a bundle of good news, congrats on all counts. The upside to not having internet is having less distraction, I guess. Good luck in all your endeavours!
audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Downside to having no Internet is I'll need to figure out a way to participate in seasonal shows when my studio is ready. Might have to pre-record and ask someone to stream it for me. Otherwise I have a good phone data plan for everything else.
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: