electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
2019/2020 BUILD PHOTOS
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 6 of 6 [139 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raccooneatingcacti wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to give that a try. Any suggestions on where to have boards made?

I've used Elecrow and lately been using JLCPCB, both have always delivered great quality PCBs for a very low price
and with Elecrow I usually got some extra boards for free. But they do part of the shipment with DHL and there is a
possibility that they (DHL) would charge extra for import duties above a certain weight. So when I needed some more
boards I gave JLCPCB a try and that has always worked great. It's also nice that you can follow the process and shipping
on the site. PCBWay is another one but I have no experience with them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How clean is the Bucket Rogers module? Could be a good candidate for a charge pump IC and a XVIVE3005 BBD, with some modification.
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fantastic modules Phobos , i like the delay module Smile
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile

Bucket Rogers sounds ok, gets a bit distorted with the feedback turned up.
The LEDs on the board are there to clip the signal so that's probably adding to that.
And at very slow speeds the CLK will get audible as I didn't want to filter it too much.
I got some nice sounds out of it on breadboard with modulating it and having the feedback
all the way up. (I will post a schematic sometime)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I built a Mutable Shruthi XT with a Polivoks VCF, and liked the sound so much that I wanted to build a eurorack Polivoks VCF module.

I only spotted that Erica Synths released their gerber files a few days after submitting this for fab. Oops. Well, at least it matches most of my other VCF modules a bit more, this way!
Grumble

Audio files: 30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ymf262 controlled by a STM32 Blue Pill.
Midi in, 6 Voice 127 instruments 4op. opl3 player.
No idea why the pictures show up the way they do Rolling Eyes

DSC_0011.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.15 MB
 Viewed:  302 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.91 MB
 Viewed:  306 Time(s)

DSC_0012.JPG

analogmonster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject:  TCP4A Control Panel Mono Stereo Interface and PSU Bus
Subject description: First little project after a 15 month break...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, first little activities after a long break: continued with my Moog (tm) System 55 Clone by adding a simple interface module for non-6.3mm-mono-cabled-instruments...

current_20201220.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.53 KB
 Viewed:  294 Time(s)

current_20201220.jpg

mmtcp4aFront.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.7 KB
 Viewed:  283 Time(s)

mmtcp4aFront.JPG

Carsten

Analogmonster: https://www.analog-monster.de/index_en.html
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnalogmonster
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/analogmonster-1
vladosh

Audio files: 46

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i haven't documented my builds properly ,i just took this pic of the whole 4U Modular i am building for myself ,it's bit messy ,some of the panels are just printed paper ,some have nice foil ,but most of them are paper cause it's easy and i just rush to plug in a module ,this year i finished : a LPG (NLC) ,VCA (Electronotes) ,Serge Resonant EQ ,Utility VCO (Electronotes) ,Buchla FRV ,Jerk Chaos NLC ,Moog VCF (Yusynth) ,Serge Negative and Positive Slew - on one panel ,Serge DUSG ,Electronotes VCF (State Variable - Bernie Hutchins) ,another VCA ,Serge Wavemultipler ,and Serge Tripple Waveshaper ..
and happy holidays santa

DSC_0285.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.43 MB
 Viewed:  256 Time(s)

DSC_0285.JPG

PERFORMANCE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have started a modular once again. This time it's mostly gonna be Kits and modules from scratch since I finally feel adequately skilled and equiped to go that way. My builds from scratch are a dual guitar pedal interface/ eurorack-level-amp (based on Ken Stone's design) - attenuverter (fonik's) - 440Hz Oscillator (non functional, based on TL07x datasheet schem) - module and that audio mixer (one channel doesn't work but I really can't get whats going wrong, three channels are sufficient for the moment anyway...). Making panels without a proper saw is kind of tricky but I'm getting better with every cut of my jigsaw...hehe. Another successful build is a 555 based Dub Siren for my brother for christmas. Thats as from scratch as it can get - even made the case (also just getting into woodworking...).

IMG_1494.JPG
 Description:
Everything except the Doepfers is DIY - some from Kits (thonk) and some from scratch (the obvious ones).
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Viewed:  215 Time(s)

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG
 Description:
A 555 based Dub Siren!
 Filesize:  1.31 MB
 Viewed:  182 Time(s)

IMG_0150.JPG

Last edited by PERFORMANCE on Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice work. I've used a jigsaw too to cut panels to size but usually cut them slightly larger. Then clamp it between 2 pieces of angled aluminium
and use a file to get it straight and to the correct size.

let's see if I can 'draw' that without resorting to photoshop.
Code:

═╗│╔═
 ║│║
  │
  │

PERFORMANCE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
nice work. I've used a jigsaw too to cut panels to size but usually cut them slightly larger. Then clamp it between 2 pieces of angled aluminium
and use a file to get it straight and to the correct size.

let's see if I can 'draw' that without resorting to photoshop.
Code:

═╗│╔═
 ║│║
  │
  │

Thanks! Yeah, I've also got myself a set of files of all shapes and sizes (metal files) and funnily I also started clamping them in as you described. I have one of those universal saw/drill/work benches making it easy clamping in. One of my next pieces will probably be one of you LFOs, btw Wink
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we might have the same kind of workbench and I also have that same oscilloscope.
If it's an LFO with opamps keep an eye on the inv/noninv inputs, I switched those up in at least one schematic.

PERFORMANCE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
we might have the same kind of workbench and I also have that same oscilloscope.
If it's an LFO with opamps keep an eye on the inv/noninv inputs, I switched those up in at least one schematic.

Oh, good to know! Below there's an older photo of my bench (it's located inside my shared studio space so no possibility to take a picture right now...but not that much has changed since then except the scope and some hand tools).

photo_2020-07-16_22-01-41.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.04 KB
 Viewed:  114 Time(s)

photo_2020-07-16_22-01-41.jpg

dk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vladosh wrote:
i haven't documented my builds properly ,i just took this pic of the whole 4U Modular i am building for myself ,it's bit messy ,some of the panels are just printed paper ,some have nice foil ,but most of them are paper cause it's easy and i just rush to plug in a module ,this year i finished : a LPG (NLC) ,VCA (Electronotes) ,Serge Resonant EQ ,Utility VCO (Electronotes) ,Buchla FRV ,Jerk Chaos NLC ,Moog VCF (Yusynth) ,Serge Negative and Positive Slew - on one panel ,Serge DUSG ,Electronotes VCF (State Variable - Bernie Hutchins) ,another VCA ,Serge Wavemultipler ,and Serge Tripple Waveshaper ..
and happy holidays santa

Oh, that looks awesome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 6 of 6 [139 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: