electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Bugs
pretty odd copy/paste issue...
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Unfed

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: pretty odd copy/paste issue... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not sure if anyone's had this happen (seems different from the copy/paste problem that i read about that causes 'invalid data'/hanging)...

(hope this all makes sense) one thing that i've been getting into is setting up performances that use three 4-bar value sequencers connected to CCsend modules in the 4th slot to automatically control variation changes in the three other slots. in other words, i chain together four sequencers in a serial connection to control each slot. last night i went to copy this setup from the 4th slot in one performance to place in the 4th slot of another. worked fine the first time i tried it but when i tried it again for another performance i immediately noticed when i pasted it that some of the cord connections went haywire, with cords from one chain ending up connected to others! i also think it 'cleared' data from one or two sequencers as well. i thought this was pretty weird, but when i went back into the performance that i'd copied it from i noticed that one had rewired itself as well! i think i even tried to 'load' the performance again but found that the saved version in the G2 was also screwed up. i'd been working with these three performances all evening and had no problems with them until that second copy/paste attempt. as far as i could see, the only affected slot was the one that contained the sequencers which i copied/pasted.

after sweating it out for a few minutes, i realized the only thing i could do was rewire the sequencers again properly by hand, reprogram the 'cleared' sequencers, and be sure to save the correct versions to both the G2 itself and the computer. i'm not sure if i can duplicate the problem, and i've since corrected the haywire performances and saved them. thus, i can't post a patch/performance of the problem at the moment. if it happens again i'll be sure to save the bad one.

anyone ever experience this before?

Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Bugs
Jump to: