electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Experimental
First G2 Patch- Noise Synth 1
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
TheRain

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject:  First G2 Patch- Noise Synth 1
Subject description: A PM based noise synth with Res Low Pass and Custom Comb Filter
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys.. My G2 came today and I am freakin' blown away... I absolutely love it! So here is a patch I worked hard on today... It is a Noise synth composed of a PM osc modulated by Noise to get a little different character of noise sound... a little more grainy which is how I like it Very Happy I added a "scream" parameter just for fun. There is an amplitude env for the Osc, a separate envelope with tuneable amount for the filter as well as a dedicated filter LFO, and a Comb filtering section designed from a mod delay with it's own LFO as well as a custom "stereo split" parameter.
The panel is organized like so:
A: OSC section
B. Filter with page two for the LFO
C. Comb with LFO on first page
I made a variation for all of the 8 slots and color coded the modules in the editor.... yes I've been busy for a first day first time user Wink
I've been lurking the past few days and have been testing patches from Rob and g2ian and such using the Editor Demo... you guys are incredible... look forward to learning stuff from you all.

Noise Synth 1.pch2
 Description:
A PM osc modulated by noise feeds a low pass and customize comb filter. A first try for a new guy.

Download
 Filename:  Noise Synth 1.pch2
 Filesize:  2.7 KB
 Downloaded:  1083 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome TheRain, or Collin I guess & congratulations with your new G2.

I don't have any playability enhancement utils hooked up to my G2 engines right now (almost never actually), which makes your patch hard to play with, but it's different from what people usually send as a first patch, I like that :-)

TheRain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks man... I recognize you from some of your other posts around here. Sorry this is not like a sequenced synth or some such Wink I spose there is still room on the front panel to make that worth while for me as well. If you have some advices too I'm learning here and I know I probably did not make a very optimized setup here or something... or there are better/cleaner ways of doing certain things and stuff.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dont be sorry, you are experimenting and not doing bad at all, having ideas about what you want to achieve and liking it more gritty & stuf like that, I've seen worse :-)

Did you already find the "general" resources like those listed in http://www.iaf.nl/Users/BlueHell/html/nm/nm-links.htm or
http://mail.electro-music.com/mailman/listinfo/nord-modular ?

There is a lot of interesting stuff available on the web.

TheRain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a lot man.. i've looked through some of those, but others i hadn't seen before.
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice patch.
Seems you know your way around a modular synthesiser. What did you use before the G2?

TheRain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi g2ian... thanks very much. I constructed a few instruments in Reaktor. But I am generally a synth addict, prolly much like most people here... I've owned a ton of different synths which I study like crazy and then trade out for something different. I am also a software/dsp/electrical engineering student in my second year of college, but I have never programmed any dsp type things from scratch... though I hope to soon.

What is your background? I noticed you are really active here and I've tested a bunch of your patches which were all quite cool.
TheRain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking this patch through again and looked at some other people's patches and realized that I was using the Constant module unnecesarily sometimes because I didn't realize you could rename some parameters and not just the modules themselves... hehe, I was using Constant modules as renamable parameters Wink

Another time I was using Constant was to connect a single knob to two separate modules to control both with one knob and group them as a single parameter... for instance in the comb filter, there is one knob that controls both the delay of the left and the right. Is there a better way of going about this??
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Experimental
Jump to: