electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Artists » Xeroid Entity
Xeroid Entity will perform at the Deer Head Inn
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Xeroid Entity will perform at the Deer Head Inn Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Calendar Event: January 30, 2004

Xeroid Entity will perform at the Deer Head Inn on Friday, January 30, 2004, 8:00 pm.

The Deer Head Inn is located at 5 Main Street (Route 611), Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania. Call 570-424-2000 for information and dinner reservations. The Deer Head Inn also serves dinner Friday and Saturday from 5:00 pm to 10:30 pm and Sunday from 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm (Winter Business Hours).
http://deerheadinn.com

Xeroid Entity is an electronic music chamber group that is constantly exploring new musical territory by going beyond the barriers of standard conventions while still drawing upon classical influences. Their music ranges from light and whimsical to dark and aggressive, often within the same piece. Much of it is ambient in nature; without a discernable beat. When they do play rhythmically based music, there are often complex counter rhythms giving the music a poly-rhythmic flavor. The results can be subtle and spacey without being boring, noisy without being harsh, dynamic yet continuous.

The members of Xeroid Entity are Howard Moscovitz, Bill Fox, and Greg Waltzer. Combined they have more than 70 years of experience making electronic music. They all program their own sounds, and refuse to be bound by conventional scales or rhythms. The parts are freely improvised, though they frequently have structures based on the concerto forms of Mozart and Bach. This allows for maximum expressiveness and interaction between group members, while avoiding predictability.
http://www.xeroid-entity.com

BAR411 Links:
Deer Head Inn - http://bar411.com/barcal.asp?bar=988
Xeroid Entity - http://bar411.com/bandcal.asp?band=1609

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! "electronic music chamber group" - aha! So you guys went for the "chamber music" term. Excellent!

Good luck!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We had an interesting rehearsal today. Greg showed us the new G2. Bill and mine haven't arrived yet. Bill showed us his new looping machine. And then we started playing. One hour non-stop. Great fun. Just let the music flow. Then we listened to the recording.

Here's a picture we took with the self timer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will the rehearsel "tape" show up online?

Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. Laughing
But, you never know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least we got the pix! Very Happy

But we are tuned for more!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Promote and Support Xeroid Entity Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just joined another forum to promote the upcoming Xeroid Entity gig at the Deer Head Inn. I heard about Side-Line Music Magazine on the The Ambient Way yahoo group mailing list. My first post on Side-Line is an announcement about the gig, sprinkled liberally with plenty of url tags, including tags to electro-music.com and this forum.

You can view my Side-Line post in the Xeroid Entity thread .

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
7/4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Bill showed us his new looping machine. And then we started playing.

What did you get for a looper?
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Looper Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7/4 wrote:
mosc wrote:
It's the Boss RC-20. It has 10 loops plus a one shot. Total memory holds 5 minutes of sound!
7/4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Looper Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
7/4 wrote:
mosc wrote:
It's the Boss RC-20. It has 10 loops plus a one shot. Total memory holds 5 minutes of sound!

I've got one of those, but I haven't using latey. How do you like the fidelity?
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Looper Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far, it sounds fine too me.
7/4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found it works on drones, but looses fidelity on things like a short chord progression. But...hey - if if it works for you fine!

I'd like to make your show, but between that date and the weather I don't know...plus I have a show the next day and I don't even know if I'll make that date!
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7/4 wrote:
I'd like to make your show, but between that date and the weather I don't know...plus I have a show the next day and I don't even know if I'll make that date!
How far is it for you from "Next stop Mars..." to the Delaware Water Gap? I grew up in the snow belt east of Cleveland where we get all that lake effect. And since I have a January birthday, I learned how to drive in the worst weather possible. So for me, the weather isn't a big deal... except that in Cleveland, the snow plows have everything cleared away before the beginning of morning rush hour. In the Lehigh Valley, we're lucky if the streets are plowed and salted before the end of evening rush hour! I'm still better prepared to drive through the muck, but all the people around me are dangerous. They react to every little thing by slamming on the brakes or, if they're being brave, just slowing down and coming to a dead stop in a 55mph lane. Sorry for ranting. I just hope the weather behaves and people come out for dinner on Friday night. I hear the Deer Head has good food at reasonable prices. And, of course, Xeroid Entity rocks! Wink
7/4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
7/4 wrote:
How far is it for you from "Next stop Mars..." to the Delaware Water Gap? I grew up in the snow belt east of Cleveland where we get all that lake effect. And since I have a January birthday, I learned how to drive in the worst weather possible. So for me, the weather isn't a big deal... except that in Cleveland, the snow plows have everything cleared away before the beginning of morning rush hour. In the Lehigh Valley, we're lucky if the streets are plowed and salted before the end of evening rush hour! I'm still better prepared to drive through the muck, but all the people around me are dangerous. They react to every little thing by slamming on the brakes or, if they're being brave, just slowing down and coming to a dead stop in a 55mph lane. Sorry for ranting. I just hope the weather behaves and people come out for dinner on Friday night. I hear the Deer Head has good food at reasonable prices. And, of course, Xeroid Entity rocks! Wink

I guess I'm about an hour or so away. I'm not too enthusiastic about snow and ice because I have a metal plate in my leg. I fall down, something happens to my leg and I'll need a hip replacement.

Today I'll make the effort to drive to NYC to drop off an invoice, but in December I cancelled a show in Brooklyn because we had a snow storm. I need a real good reason to get out in this weather.
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Artists » Xeroid Entity
Jump to: