electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Very Interested in the Artist
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
azurepancake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Very Interested in the Artist
Subject description: Great looking show!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

First I'd like to start out the post complimenting all the people who put the show together and all the great musicians that were there. Unfortunately, I wasn't at the show to view the festivities because I was ignorant of its existence and I live in Florida Sad
I was able to view the trailer though and I was amazed at what I saw. Although I'm new to making electronic music and wouldn't really perform anything I would of loved to just see the different artists and all the cool equipment.

Second, I am really interested in all of the musicians that I saw in the trailer and I was wondering if there is anyway I can hear more of there work. I really liked the short clip of the group with that musical apparatus (stick that makes noise when your hand becomes closer to it) around 50 seconds into the trailer. Another person who really caught my eye (or ear I should say) is the guy with the cool IDM sound and the laptop about 1 minute and 42 seconds into the trailer.

If anyone can help me out and fill me in on who these particular artists are I would be very thankful.
Who knows, maybe one day I will get to go to one of these conventions and perhaps do a little jamming my self. I guess until then I should keep on practicing and learning.

Thanks!
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Very Interested in the Artist

azurepancake wrote:
I really liked the short clip of the group with that musical apparatus (stick that makes noise when your hand becomes closer to it) around 50 seconds into the trailer.

That's a Theremin. There were several of them at em2006, played by Kip Rosser, James Spitznagel of The Bemus Point, and Michael Peck of Mahoney and Peck, probably one or two more that I forgot.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Very Interested in the Artist

azurepancake wrote:
Another person who really caught my eye (or ear I should say) is the guy with the cool IDM sound and the laptop about 1 minute and 42 seconds into the trailer.

That's Vytear (Jason Begin).
Links to all of the artists can be found on the web site here:
http://event.electro-music.com/
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

50 secs in is Michael Peck playing the synth. Click on the Limited Wave/Subterraneous link below to read more about him. Our new CD, Imprint, has quite a bit of his theremin playing on it.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: