electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Reaktor
autosave 2 ensembles of the same instance
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
larns

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:  autosave 2 ensembles of the same instance Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have 2 reaktor instruments loaded into VST in cubase, i am using 2 synths which are the same (Carbon) one has autosave on the other does not.

last night i realised that after saving my project, it did not save one of my instruments, this is because autosave was only on for one of them, but when i try to turn it on for both it says

'the file you have selected for autosave is already in use by another instance in this project'

it then explains more but i dont understand what i have to do for it to save both without any conflicts. please i would like help before i lose more work
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wish I could help, but I don't use Cubase. I use Sonar and have no troubles.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
larns

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks anyhow, i know it somtimes takes a while for someone to respond to this sort of query, because everyone has different setups and all that, so i will be patient.
Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love to help but, err, I'm quite ignorant.

I use Reaktor independently of the sequencer, I just have the sequencer send the MIDI data to Reaktor. No VST hosting or whatnot. Works just dandy.

What is the benefit of hosting Reaktor in your sequencer?

larns

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'v never tried using reaktor independantly with cubase, i alyways thought it had to be a vst, how do you send the midi data? i suppose the only good thing is you can use reaktor effects as vst. but then that just eats up your cpu
Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To send MIDI data between computer applications, you will need to download a program called MIDI-YOKE. It's not hard to find.

It provides 8 (in my version) virtual MIDI ports numbered 1 to 8 that all your MIDI apps will be able to see. So you can get your sequencer to send via port MIDI Yoke 1 and get Reaktor to receive via MIDI Yoke 1. Then Reaktor will do whatever your sequencer tells it to.

I don't know how to set up your output MIDI ports on Cubase but I imagine it would be easy. You will need to find the MIDI options and just highlight the ports you want to use for output.

In Reaktor, you go to System, Audio+MIDI settings, select the MIDI tab, and in the 'input interface' box just select the ports you want to use for input.

Any probs, I'll check back later.

Cheers

Dovder

Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couple of other things I should mention. Obviously if you use Reaktor standalone, you have a larger window and can see more, which is good.

I experience some latency using Reaktor. It's not really audible on its own, but means that I can't use it alongside my hardware synth, which has much lower latency. I don't know whether the latency is due to Reaktor itself or my MIDI setup. So just a little warning.

larns

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's very interesting, i cant believe i never thought of the possiblity of using virtual ports, i will deffinetly look into that, my soundcard is pretty good so i shouldnt have trouble with the latency, unless that software MIDI-YOKE is causing it somehow, but i doubt it.

thanks alot
Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could be that MIDI-Yoke is causing the latency, never thought of that. I'm not bothered as I'm happy using Reaktor on its own. In time I think I will stop using my hardware synth. Reaktor is so much more powerful.
yghartsyrt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's quite simple, saving two instances of the same ens.
just name of of those slightly different when you save them in your project folder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Reaktor
Jump to: