electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Synth Secrets
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Synth Secrets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On my hunt for bizzare yet effective synthesis techniques and effect constructions, I came across a really nice collection of synthesis articles at soundonsound.com entitled "Synth Secrets":

click here

These are fantastic and are based on using a modular synthesizer to synthesize real instruments, effects, analogue synths, analogue drums etc. Examples are given using modular building blocks; sometimes they are even nord modular patches! If you're looking to learn more about modular synthesis, this is a great place to go.

Editor's note: I edited the link to make it fit the screen better. - mosc
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, that is an impressive source of information. Thanks....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the OT, but mosc, have you been swallowing rejuvenating pills or blasted off into a 70s timewarp? Shocked Laughing
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shoshin wrote:
Sorry for the OT, but mosc, have you been swallowing rejuvenating pills or blasted off into a 70s timewarp? Shocked Laughing

Hee hee... I like to rotate my avatar picture. Your post will make no sense to after I change it again. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kenl666

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Synth Secrets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Afrokid wrote:
On my hunt for bizzare yet effective synthesis techniques and effect constructions, I came across a really nice collection of synthesis articles at soundonsound.com entitled "Synth Secrets":

soundonsound is really a fantastic magazine, and the cool thing is that they make their articles available online (after the print copy comes out). If you're in the US, Barnes & Noble usually have the latest print copy, but it's pricey. The best thing is to just download all of the articles to your PC (I print each article to PDF).

Are there any equivalent US magazines?
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SOS is my favourite too. Excellent!
Hmm.. don´t we have some of those writers from SOS here as members already?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenl666, welcome

Glad to have you here...
Threetwosevensixseven

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had a go at PDFing the first three parts. It's a bit time-consuming, because the images are clickable thumbnails which don't print well at all. But it'd be a worthwhile thing to carry on with, I guess. I don't suppose anyone has already done this, have they?

Robin

Last edited by Threetwosevensixseven on Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SOS is selling back issues on CDs in PDF format.. and they provide backissues online at their website.. these files of yours are probably OK for personal use.. but I am not sure about posting them here.. that would be republishing.. not?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Threetwosevensixseven

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, indeed. Perhaps Howard could remove the link, since I don't seem to have post-editing facilities?

Edit: nm, I do seem to be able to edit posts now. Doh.

Cheers, 3
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: