electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
MOTM attenuator panels, kits, assembled group buy?
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
EATyourGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: MOTM attenuator panels, kits, assembled group buy? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT: the deadline is Monday November 14th or a little longer if I don't hear back from people.
I will PM everyone tonight with payment details. with only 10 panels in the batch, the price is now $23 per panel. the price for kits and assembled modules is still the same. shipping is $7 in the USA. $9 to Canada. $11 international.

also posted on muffwiggler

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I have good news. we can get these panels down to $19 each if we order 20 or more panels. not including shipping of course. I have lots of time on my hands to build modules too so I'm thinking I can build these for anyone that would rather have a module than a kit or panel.

so if we get a list going of who is interested, I can see if we have enough people to do it. I'm in the USA but I could ship anywhere really. these are Front panel Express panels with white laquer-stik infill done by me.

panels $19 + shipping
kits $40 + shipping
module $90 free shipping in the USA

kits and modules are made with inexpensive alpha 16mm pots and 20mm push on knobs. jacks are fake 112ax from bridechamber. if you don't like my parts, buy a panel.

I'm not taking money right now, just names.

Panels
doofa beena = 2
Mongo1 = 2

Kits
EATYOURGUITAR = 4
ach_gott = 2

Assembled
muddymudskipper = 2

ATTENUATE4.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.75 KB
 Viewed:  9149 Time(s)

ATTENUATE4.gif

20mmsplineknob.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.03 KB
 Viewed:  9150 Time(s)

20mmsplineknob.jpg

Last edited by EATyourGuitar on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Mongo1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That seems like a good idea.

It seems like we could also use the NC part of the 'IN' jack for another purpose. If one wired that to a fixed voltage (+10V) and didn't insert an 'In' cable, then you'd have a variable CV source on the output jack.

That means you'd have to run power to the thing, but it might be worth it.

Just a thought

Gary
EATyourGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great idea. it is way easy to do if your building it. your power connector will be flying though. another good use for attenuators is to patch just the output only with the knob fully ccw. this gives you a 0v or ground reference for use in comparators. some people wont need it if they have comparators with a normailzed connection to 0v.
EATyourGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

8 panels reserved, 12 more to go. lets make it happen people
Cool
EATyourGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

12 panels reserved right now. if we can get 8 more reserved before monday the price goes down. everyone has been PMing me on muff's. I see lots of you are on both forums.
EATyourGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
I still have 2 kits or assembled modules available. I can ship in a few weeks or whenever my jacks arrive from bridechamber.
Mongo1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My panels arrived today - they look great!
Thanks for the doing this...

Gary
EATyourGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glad you like it. I'm very happy with them too. I am a minimalist for life and I think the design shows that. maybe next time I can space the letters @ 1.1 instead of 1.0
Mongo1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm actually thinking about making one of these into a 4 channel mixer with a 4-way multiple on the output.
{edit - another possibility - add a toggle beside each of the knobs - would allow me to switch each channel into a left or right output bus. Then take the 4 output jacks and convert them to left and right outs, with 2 jacks on each. That sound really handy to me. Effectively lets me have 2x2, 1x4, or 1x3+ attentuator configurations. And if I do the thing I mentioned earlier, where each input is normalized to a +V, then an unused channel could act as an offset. Still have to think about this, but it sounds like a very useful thing!. }

The other thing I'm thinking about in a similar vein (although not with this panel) is getting some of Ray Wilson's MFOS Dual VCA boards, and making some modules that are VCAs with 2 or 3 way mixers on the inputs. Still trying to work out the logistics of the panel, but this seems like a real nice idea to me. I'm always short mixers and VCAs, and making modules that can be either one or both just seems like a natural.

What do you think about that idea?

Gary
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
Jump to: