electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Artists » Seraph
White Woman Speaks Up For #blacklivesmatter
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: White Woman Speaks Up For #blacklivesmatter
Subject description: A microtonal soundtrack added to a previously released video
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arrow Read blog for details

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ALL LIVES MATTER Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Powerful.

First watched with music, then listened without watching.

Good sound track!

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:

that's what the girl says!

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Powerful.

First watched with music, then listened without watching.

Good sound track!

Thanks Jan Exclamation welcome

Quote:
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After seeing and hearing this the first time, I was also moved. Unbeknownst to me at first, it got into my brain so deeply that in electro-music chat I tried to passively steer vitriolic chatters away by simply opening a NonMusicChat channel and making it's availability known while in chat.

However, it was perhaps so gentle that it was tantamount to the silence the white woman spoke of.

Today, it got to me when I again saw anti-BlackLivesMatter rhetoric in chat. Calling it what it looked like to me, I tried to encourage the participants to take their discourse to a BigottedRacistChat subchannel.

In a semi-veiled, but unmistakalble retort, they tried to imply that I was a bigot for not tolerating the anti-BlackLivesMatter sentiments, when all I did was encourage the discussion to move out of the main electro-music chat--after admitting that I am in favor of free speech.

After that, I watched the video again, and found it very powerful a second time. Also, I posted a link to this thread so others would watch and perhaps be similarly moved.

Maybe posting a link to the thread when I see those and other similar thoughts expressed will have a positive impact. I can only hope.

So, thank you for putting a very appropriate soundtrack to this powerful video and sharing it.

Steve
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
a BigottedRacistChat subchannel

But unfortunately that's what the main chat channel has become eh .. it got trumped a bit Confused

But anyway, that's off-topic, sorry for that.

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:

So, thank you for putting a very appropriate soundtrack to this powerful video and sharing it.

Thanks for listening! Very Happy

Quote:
varice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
varice wrote:

that's what the girl says!

But that is not what your topic title says...

Your title for this post is obviously racist. If the title was: A Person Speaks Up For #AllLivesMatter, then it would obviously have not been racist. But you point out the race of a women in some kind of a failed attempt to say that because a white women supports a violent black racist group, then her white racist support makes the black racist group legitimate. Of course, it does not.

Just as an exposure to the outrageous racial double standard that exists in the world today, suppose a group of white people started a #whitelivesmatter movement based on lies that police were killing white people for no good reason. It would most certainly be labeled by most of the "news" media for exactly what it was: a racial propaganda movement based on lies. So why the difference? Why the outrageous double standard?

FYI, the BLM movement is NOT a legitimate civil rights movement. It is based on recent racist leftwing propaganda lies that there is a widespread systematic stance by many white law enforcement officers to gun down black people in the streets for no legal reason. Of course, there are NO facts to support this lie.

varice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carlos, do you really want to be a foreign supportive party to the slaughter of innocent police officers that happened in Dallas TX, at the hand of a black monster BLM supporter?:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/us/dallas-police-shooting.html?_r=0

“During the standoff, Mr. Johnson, who was black, told police negotiators that “he was upset about Black Lives Matter,” Chief Brown said. “He said he was upset about the recent police shootings. The suspect said he was upset at white people. The suspect stated he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers.”

varice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carlos, do you really want to be a foreign supportive party to the slaughter of innocent police officers that happened in Baton Rouge LA, at the hand of another black monster BLM supporter?:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/index.html

"A Missouri man ambushed and killed three law officers and wounded three others in Baton Rouge on Sunday during a time when police nationwide and in the Louisiana city in particular have been on high alert after five officers were killed in a Dallas ambush July 7.

Louisiana State Police announced last week that they had received threats of plots against Baton Rouge police.
On Sunday, a man identified as Gavin Long of Kansas City went on a shooting rampage on his 29th birthday that left two police officers and a sheriff's deputy dead, police sources said. Long, who was African-American, was a former Marine….

" ...This is an unspeakable and unjustified attack on all of us at a time when we need unity and healing," Edwards said Sunday in the hours after the Baton Rouge shooting... "

Support of any violent group, I would hope, should not be even remotely tolerated here on the electro-music.com forum...

varice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder if that white woman who “spoke up” for the violent racist BLM also condones the assassination of the 5 innocent police officers in Dallas TX, and the assassination of the 3 innocent police officers in Baton Rouge LA. Question
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not sure if this is the right place/thread for it varice. I think it would be better to stick to discussing the music itself here, but I also noticed
you are not the only one going beyond that. However I do think that for discussing the BLM movement, schmooze would be a more appropriate
section of the forum. And you could of course link to the video/this thread. Just be aware that it could quickly turn into a heated discussion that
doesn't end well.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
varice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
I am not sure if this is the right place/thread for it varice. I think it would be better to stick to discussing the music itself here, but I also noticed
you are not the only one going beyond that. However I do think that for discussing the BLM movement, schmooze would be a more appropriate
section of the forum. And you could of course link to the video/this thread. Just be aware that it could quickly turn into a heated discussion that
doesn't end well.

Thanks for the advice.

But I'm not the one who opened the racist BLM topic here.

It's very difficult to even think of talking about music when it is attached to such a racist, divisive, and controversial political issue like the BLM movement that has inspired too many haters to slaughter innocent police officers.

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
...thank you for putting a very appropriate soundtrack to this powerful video and sharing it.

Steve

Steve, thanks for your nice words!

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
Carlos, do you really want to be a foreign supportive party to the slaughter of innocent police officers...

no, I do not condone any kind of violence but statistically it looks like some minority groups in the US die violently more often than some other groups of Americans. Can we agree on that?

Quote:
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know you responded to varice and as I said I think it would be more suitable to discuss things like this in schmooze,
but since you mention statistically lets have a look at some statistics. (I couldn't find 2015 but I doubt there will be a major difference)

Now, looking at a percentage point of view, yes a larger percentage of black people die a violent dead than white people.
(The numbers are very equal but they do make up a smaller percentage of the entire US population). However, as you can see the
vast majority is caused by black on black crime. Just as the vast majority of white people dying a violent dead is caused by white
on white crime. You can also see that there is actually less white on black crime than there is black on white crime. Of course
what might be causing all this and what can be done about it is a whole different discussion and if that's what BLM wants to
bring to the attention, great! However there seems to be a very vocal group who try to change it solely into a white Vs black issue.

nice music btw. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
varice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
varice wrote:
Carlos, do you really want to be a foreign supportive party to the slaughter of innocent police officers...

no, I do not condone any kind of violence but statistically it looks like some minority groups in the US die violently more often than some other groups of Americans. Can we agree on that?

Yes that is true, but the statistics also show blacks in particular die overwhelmingly at the hands of other blacks, not at the hands of white killers. So the high death rates of blacks is NOT due to supposed white racism. Can we agree to that?

varice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
I know you responded to varice and as I said I think it would be more suitable to discuss things like this in schmooze, but since you mention statistically lets have a look at some statistics. (I couldn't find 2015 but I doubt there will be a major difference)…

The statistics are very consistent from year to year over the several years that have been reported. So the 2013 report is representative of the facts.

PHOBoS wrote:
…Now, looking at a percentage point of view, yes a larger percentage of black people die a violent dead than white people. (The numbers are very equal but they do make up a smaller percentage of the entire US population)…

I’ve seen a recent estimate that blacks make up only about 13 percent (less than 1/8th) of the US population, making the black violent death rates vs. white deaths absolutely devastating.

PHOBoS wrote:
…However, as you can see the vast majority is caused by black on black crime… …You can also see that there is actually less white on black crime than there is black on white crime… …However there seems to be a very vocal group who try to change it solely into a white Vs black issue…

And that is what motivated me to speak out here. I did NOT want to in any way get into an argument about race on my favorite music forum. But I just could not remain silent about the promotion of a racist movement like BLM.

Thanks for your factual post PHOBoS.

varice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
...Unbeknownst to me at first, it got into my brain so deeply that in electro-music chat I tried to passively steer vitriolic chatters away by simply opening a NonMusicChat channel and making it's availability known while in chat... ...Today, it got to me when I again saw anti-BlackLivesMatter rhetoric in chat. Calling it what it looked like to me, I tried to encourage the participants to take their discourse to a BigottedRacistChat subchannel...

Well, isn't that just special... Personally attacking everyone with an opposing opinion as a BigottedRacist on the racist BLM issue does NOT promote civil discourse on this public elecrto-music.com forum, much less a any other forum, political or not...

The only intolerant bigot I see here is... well, do I really have to name him Question Laughing

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a very moving video and Carlos' music is excellent. Congrats, Carlo and thanks for sharing it with us.

I agree with the sentiments expressed by this video; that silence in the face of injustice is complicity.

I also agree that the color and gender of this artist is irrelevant. Irregardless, I think it's pretty rude to flame on Seraph's personal artist's forum. I believe in freedom of speech, but not flaming.

A fundamental value of electro-music.com is tolerance and respect and the common denominator is music. I suggest we express our possibly controversial views though music and other arts, like Carlo did here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grumble

Audio files: 30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I too beleive in freedom of speech, but I also beleive that freedom of speech sometimes means that it' oke to shut up...
That said, I don't understand the emotions shown in this thread due to the language barrier....
Please, don't try to explain it to me because that will work as oil to a fire as we say in Holland Rolling Eyes
varice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
…This is a very moving video…
…I agree with the sentiments expressed by this video; that silence in the face of injustice is complicity…

Only if you believe the liberal propaganda spewed forth. The so called silence is NOT due to complicity. It is only due to the fact of there being no real widespread injustice as claimed by the racist BLM movement. Sure, there are some instances of egregious and unjustified actions by police officers, but those cases are more rare than liberals and BLM portrait, and anyway are totally overshadowed by the fact that liberals and the racist BLM movement want to ignore: the overwhelming violence that blacks suffer is at the hands of other blacks. Yet there are no violent riots in the streets about this fact; to smash windows, loot stores, burn cars, … There is no “#StopBlackonBlackViolence” movement that inspires haters to slaughter innocent blacks.

Quote:
…I think it's pretty rude to flame on Seraph's personal artist's forum. I believe in freedom of speech, but not flaming…

I didn’t realize that a personal artist's forum was a designated “safe space” to promote liberal and racist propaganda lies or opinions without fear of being challenged.

I also guess that I have a different definition of flaming. I was merely trying to express my opinion on the racist BLM movement (that is also shared by other E-M members). And try to point out facts that the BLM movement has done much more harm than good; based on outrageous lies that inspire haters to slaughter innocent police officers.

Quote:
…A fundamental value of electro-music.com is tolerance and respect and the common denominator is music. I suggest we express our possibly controversial views though music and other arts…

If a fundamental value of electro-music.com is tolerance and respect, then it MUST also include the expression of opposing opinions, otherwise all of the supposed support of free speech, tolerance, and respect just falls flat on its face.

Support of the violence inspiring racist BLM movement has gone far beyond just merely being a “possibly controversial” view. I’m sure that most of the family and loved ones of the innocent police officers slaughtered at the hands of haters inspired by BLM would agree with me.

varice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meanwhile, the unprovoked slaughter of innocents continues … Police officers were under attack across the US again this weekend.

Benjamin Marconi, a detective in San Antonio Texas was ambushed and shot to death as he sat in his police vehicle while writing a traffic ticket. The black suspect was captured today. Investigators say the suspect had been seen earlier in the day Sunday at the police headquarters. Marconi was assassinated hours later in an unprovoked attack.

Another police officer in Missouri was ambushed and shot twice in the face as he sat in his marked police car. The police officer survived the unprovoked attack. The black suspect involved in this assassination attempt was later killed in a shootout with police.

Absolutely nothing can justify these unprovoked attacks on innocent police officers…

Grumble

Audio files: 30

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
If a fundamental value of electro-music.com is tolerance and respect, then it MUST also include the expression of opposing opinions, otherwise all of the supposed support of free speech, tolerance, and respect just falls flat on its face.

I agree, but there are people who have better words for this:

“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”
― Oscar Wilde

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.
― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”
― United Nations, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”
― Brian Cox

and last but not least:

“متهمون نحن بالإرهاب
أذا كتبنا عن بقايا وطن ...
مخلع ... مفكك مهترئ
أشلاؤه تناثرت أشلاء ...
عن وطن يبحث عن عنوانه ...
وأمة ليس لها سماء !!
عن وطن ... يمنعنا ان نشتري
الجريدة
أو نسمع الأنباء ...
عن وطن ... كل العصافير به