electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Just wanted to say hello.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
dorremifasol

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Just wanted to say hello. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! There, I said it Very Happy

My G2 doesn't get much use lately, but still he's the centre of my small studio and comes to life whenever I need to make that sound effect for a game that I can't create with anything else (in a reasonable time, that is). Nothing compares to the ease of use of the G2, nothing.

And I'm deeply surprised that there's still no similar machine in the market, now that the analogue modular thing is so popular and the market is filled with zillion of modules. Even I have one! And I wonder, WHY?

Cheers!

jima

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Smile I couldn't agree more. I'm on the hunt for a decent rack mount machine with lots of knobs and a decent software editor to join the G2 engine but not having much luck when I compare to the G2.

Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time Sad
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had been considering a hardware modular too .. but .. to do what a G2 can do it would have to be huge .. still there was some stuff beyond what the G2 can do that I wanted to try .. ended up making my own soft synth .. G2 and NM Classic are not being used much anymore by me.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jan, I tried your Wren soft synth some years ago, great stuff! I suppose it must have changed a lot since then so I'm going to download the latest version now.

Actually the use of my real modular is different to what I do with the G2 as it's not very big. As you say, trying to do intricate sequences with a real modular needs a big setup and an even bigger pocket, which unfortunately I don't have Razz

dorremifasol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jima wrote:
I'm on the hunt for a decent rack mount machine with lots of knobs and a decent software editor to join the G2 engine but not having much luck when I compare to the G2.

The Faderfox PC4 is a nice box of knobs, this is what I have to control soft synths, but you gave me an idea. Never tried it with the G2!

The PC12 would be even better with 72 knobs and 12 buttons. Shocked

DgUESYwW4AISNy1.jpg large.jpg
 Description:
Faderfox PC4
 Filesize:  326.64 KB
 Viewed:  283 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

DgUESYwW4AISNy1.jpg large.jpg

Oli

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been looking more at extending the use of my gear such as Nord modulars with external processing, rather than replacing them. Haven't seen anything challenge their strengths.

I've always wanted to combine what I like about various items, like the sound of ASR samples, XT wavetables, processing and control in the Nord Modulars, and want to set up 8 channel external EQ and filters. I usually want at least 8 voices, so tempted to get another G2, maybe an engine.

I've also bought too many things, and have too little time. Don't like thinking about getting different gear. Have to learn to let go of things like the E-Mu Vintage Keys, and Super Bass Station. Fun cheap things that I like, and have used for years, but really don't need.

G2 has always been front and center since I got it, for music or synthing.

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: