electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
Some questions on the Minimoog VCF
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Omega

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Some questions on the Minimoog VCF
Subject description: Problems with the adjustment procedure
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone, I have some problems with the adjustments of the minimoog filter according to Yves instructions.

First of all, I have populated the PCB and made some first checks. So the Cutoff Frequency is working fine, I can mute any signal down to 30 Hertz and bring it back to life. Also the emphasis potentiometer is working properly I guess. Self oscillation is also o.k.

But I have troubles with the V/OCT adjustments:

Apply 0.000V to the V/Oct input
Turn the frequency knob fully counter-clockwise in order to measure 0mV at the base of Q1 (node between R9 to R11)

This part is working.

Apply 1.000V to the V/Oct input
Adjust T1 in order to measure 18.2mV at the base of Q1

This is also o.k. To apply the voltages I am using a Midi/CV converter and a 4 octave Keyboard

Apply 5.000V to the V/Oct input
Check that you have 91.0mVat the base of Q1, if not adjust T1

Since the Keyboard only have 4 octaves I apply only 4V to the V/Oct Input. When I have a look at the values, it seems for me that the 91mV are exact 5 times the 18,2mV from the last step. So for my 4 octaves this whould mean 18,2mV * 4 = 72,8mV. But I do get 58,4mV. So I have to adjust T1. But if I do so, I will change also the value of the 1V input. So I will change both values. And I noticed, that the delta bewtween the measured values and the expected values ´will increase, if I increase the 18,2mV at 1V Input. On the other hand, I can only lower the 18,2mV to about 17,2mV. Then I am at the end of T1. So, this will not work. I measured also the output of the filter with an frequencycounter and I am far away from a good tracking

Do I make any principle mistakes and/or can anyone have suggestions for me?

And one last question of understanding. I noticed, that the frequency of the sinuswave of the self oscillation is changing when I turn the Frequency potentiometer (without any audio input signal). I guess this is o.k. since all 3 CVs (and the 1V/OCT input is one of the CVs) and the Frequency Pot having the same node, the base of Q1. Please can someone confirm this?

Thanks a lot in advance

Bernhard
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
Jump to: