electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Problems gear during warranty? How to deal with the store?
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
paugui

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 37

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject: Problems gear during warranty? How to deal with the store? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, less than 3 weeks ago I got an equipment new in an online store based in my country (Portugal).

I was a quite underwhelmed when the equipment got to me, as the case had some damages (nothing serious, but not what you’d expect when you buy something new… - I put a post back then, but ended up just complaining without taking further action as I felt it would be more of an hassle to return it than just keeping it as is, since I needed it to store the device), and the unit itself had some clear marks of moisture in the knobs…

Fortunately after testing it the equipment seemed just fine, but as I started exploring it, I noticed a glitch with it.
I tried to check it better, before bothering the guys in the store, and ended up contacting them again 8 days later, after doing some researching and noticing some people were affected by the same issue.
I even recorded a video of the problem that same day, to make sure it was clear what was happening, and they tried to contact the brand of the device.

Few days later, they didn’t say anything, so I contacted them again and they replied back saying the brand was checking the issue and for me not to worry about it.
I said I wasn’t in a hurry, but since the problem was reported so early (after 8 days from receiving the device), I just didn’t want to have to send it for repairs, which I felt was more than reasonable.

Today, I got a message saying the brand told them for it to be sent for repairs.
I told them I wanted them to just exchange it for a new one, but they are saying that it has to be checked by the brand...

I was checking their page a bit better, and noticed that their return / exchange policy states 14 days after receiving the item, which interestingly was this past Tuesday, so 2 days ago…

But since I complained about the issue well within those 14 days, I think I started this “process” well within the 14 days, and so they should just give me a new unit and sort things out with the brand afterwards (I had that happening before with an Edirol keyboard that was having the same issue for the second time, so I don’t really see why it can’t be done…), which means the brand would still check it to understand the issue better…

It really wasn’t my fault that the brand didn’t say anything before the 14 days finished, so I don’t think I should be penalised by that (which is what would happen if I have to wait for 1 month for the equipment to get back from repairs…).

Did anyone else have a similar situation with a store?
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: