electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Best chorus, flanger or delay pedals for A6?
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
pophertz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject:  Best chorus, flanger or delay pedals for A6?
Subject description: Help me find good "analogue-feel" or real analogue pedals for my A6
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys,

I'm not quite happy with A6's built-in effects and decide to buy some good pedals. Here's my wishes and desires:

1) I prefer pedals, not rack versions, with stereo inputs/outputs or at least stereo output
2) I'm into 80's sound and I wonder is there any pedal on the market which can emulate fantastic Juno-106 Chorus? Analogue pedals or at least "analogue feel" pedals are welcome
3) If I can be spoilt child for a moment, I'll rather choose new pedals instead of secondhand ones

Thank you guys Cool
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had good fun with the A6 and a Boss Dimension C (the pedal version of the famous Dimension D). It's more subtle than the Juno 106 chorus but it still works nicely. I've heard the Boss CE-300 is closer to the Juno 106 chorus sound. Don't know if anyone makes equivalent new units.
pophertz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soundwave106 wrote:
I've had good fun with the A6 and a Boss Dimension C (the pedal version of the famous Dimension D). It's more subtle than the Juno 106 chorus but it still works nicely. I've heard the Boss CE-300 is closer to the Juno 106 chorus sound. Don't know if anyone makes equivalent new units.

Thanx for your suggestions, I'll check both of them Smile
Btw, I played A6 through my friends' Electro Harmonix Big Muff. What a fantastic distortion! It's simple (three buttons) with great warm sound and in my opinion, works best with A6 bass sounds.
mao

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electro Harmonix SmallStone... the best 65 euros I spent in the 2007.

I know it's mono... but who cares... it gives you a warm fat phaser... I'm using it everywhere, pads... basses... everywhere...

I'll buy the EH Polychorus and EH memory man...
pophertz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thnx. Any chances of posting some samples here? Wink
mao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smallstone samples ??? Shocked

well listen to OXYGEN by J.M.Jarre... everything goes through the small stone. The eminent + small stone pad used from the beginning to the end is the most famous pad in the world. The small stone gives that warm depth phasing effect...

...ok the eminent is giving the pad... but... the real star here is the small stone....

Buy the last J.M.Jarre DVD OXYGENE and you'll see the small stone everywhere near all that analog monsters.

If you want to be in heaven:

1) small stone
2) memory man
3) Polychorus
4) electric mistress

I'm doing something new with the small stone... I'll update it on myspace next week...
pophertz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mao, thank you very much Wink
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mao wrote:
...ok the eminent is giving the pad... but... the real star here is the small stone....

The main problem with the Small Stone is that it is so distinctive, it takes over all patches. Smile

In this track I did a *long* time ago, the beginning is done (heavily) with A6 and Smallstone.
pophertz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soundwave106 wrote:

In this track I did a *long* time ago, the beginning is done (heavily) with A6 and Smallstone.

Good tune soundwave106 Wink
Small Stone sound really interesting, I'm thinking of buying one. It seems that Electro Harmonix got bunch of synth-friendly effects.
Does anyone know what's the main difference between Small Stone and Stereo Polyphase? What do I get with Polyphase for extra 110€?
Also, does anyone of you guys have it or got chance to try Boss CE-20?
I read user reviews, mostly guitarists', and usually they gave it 5/5.
Here's link for cool website I've found recently, with lot of samples of guitar & synth sounds with and without effects.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: