electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » News... » Apple Computers
Where's Steve Jobs?
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Where's Steve Jobs?
Subject description: Keynote 2009
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This must be the first Keynote I've seen without Steve present. I hope he's ok. Does anyone have any news?

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/macworld-san-francisco-2009/

GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

According to the news from 2-3 weeks ago, Jobs went on 6-month leave to battle cancer. For more info, try Google with "steve jobs apple health"

Some old stuff on VIRB
xpander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

battle cancer??

Quote:
January 5, 2009
Letter from Apple CEO Steve Jobs

Dear Apple Community,

For the first time in a decade, I’m getting to spend the holiday season with my family, rather than intensely preparing for a Macworld keynote.

Unfortunately, my decision to have Phil deliver the Macworld keynote set off another flurry of rumors about my health, with some even publishing stories of me on my deathbed.

I’ve decided to share something very personal with the Apple community so that we can all relax and enjoy the show tomorrow.

As many of you know, I have been losing weight throughout 2008. The reason has been a mystery to me and my doctors. A few weeks ago, I decided that getting to the root cause of this and reversing it needed to become my #1 priority.

Fortunately, after further testing, my doctors think they have found the cause—a hormone imbalance that has been “robbing” me of the proteins my body needs to be healthy. Sophisticated blood tests have confirmed this diagnosis.

The remedy for this nutritional problem is relatively simple and straightforward, and I’ve already begun treatment. But, just like I didn’t lose this much weight and body mass in a week or a month, my doctors expect it will take me until late this Spring to regain it. I will continue as Apple’s CEO during my recovery.

I have given more than my all to Apple for the past 11 years now. I will be the first one to step up and tell our Board of Directors if I can no longer continue to fulfill my duties as Apple’s CEO. I hope the Apple community will support me in my recovery and know that I will always put what is best for Apple first.

So now I’ve said more than I wanted to say, and all that I am going to say, about this.

Steve

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/01/05sjletter.html

and from cnet:
Quote:
The intense interest in anything related to Apple in the tech industry makes it ripe for disinformation, which seems to have cropped up time and time again with the rumors that Jobs was dying. The most likely sources of that kind of information are hedge funds or speculators looking to make a quick buck by short-selling Apple's stock, or finding ways to drive the stock down as to profit from its fall.
dewdrop_world

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BEWARE THE REALITY DISTORTION FIELD... (I don't believe Apple's propaganda any more than I believe that of the now-extinct Bush administration.)

James

Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Apple Computers
Jump to: