electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Building Blocks
Poly/Mono/Unisono Keyboard Modes
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Poly/Mono/Unisono Keyboard Modes
Subject description: Providing these keyboard modes without patch recompilation
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In response to this query:
http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-340411.html

This is a small subcircuit that lets you drive your polyphonic synth patch in polyphonic, monophonic and unisono (all voices stacked monophonically) keyboard modes.

I've actually had this lying around for years. (Part of a Prophet5 emulation project I never finished... like so many projects I never finished... Embarassed )

Uber-cheapo polysynth patch included to demonstrate implementation.
arrow Make sure to deactivate all "hidden" keyboard trackings and gatings in you patch, as these things now have to be controlled by this circuit.
Exclamation Remember that you can't use the velocity morph group meaningfully anymore in this scenario. Velocity morph will always affect only one voice according to the G2s voice allocation scheme -which is what we are overriding in this case. So any kind of velocity control has to be elaborately patched and hooked up to this circuit (sorry).

cheers,
t

PolyMonoUnisonTK.pch2
 Description:
Small subcircuit that provides poly, mono and unisono keyboard modes. Read thread for further info.

Download
 Filename:  PolyMonoUnisonTK.pch2
 Filesize:  1.57 KB
 Downloaded:  4322 Time(s)

dorremifasol

G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is wonderful! Thank you very much, Tim Smile
svoboda

G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: glide in unison mode? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Tim,
this is a nice simple solution to the unison problem on G2, to my ears, sounds like one of the best ive found here,

is there any way to add glide to the unison setting?

I tried a few ways of adding a glide module into the chain, but it just kept glidding from the first note, and not gliding between notes ( first not playing normally- no glide)

cheers, and thanks for the unison!
Tim Kleinert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: glide in unison mode? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

svoboda wrote:

Morning coffee has not kicked in yet and my G2 isn't connected to the laptop, but off the top my head this should work.

PolyMonoUniGlide.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  PolyMonoUniGlide.pch2
 Filesize:  1.62 KB
 Downloaded:  4124 Time(s)

svoboda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: glide in unison mode? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tim Kleinert wrote:
svoboda wrote:

Morning coffee has not kicked in yet and my G2 isn't connected to the laptop, but off the top my head this should work.

thanks Tim, but this is still putting a "glide " on the first note, witch kind of sounds like a pitch envelode, although the following notes do indeed have a glide function...
its close.......
Smile
Tim Kleinert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My G2Xes are still in their cases and I haven't got time to dig them out to test this now, but it works as it should on the demo (albeit monophonically, obviously).
Are you perhaps looking for legato glide ("fingered portamento" in Yamaha speak)?
svoboda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tim Kleinert wrote:
My G2Xes are still in their cases and I haven't got time to dig them out to test this now, but it works as it should on the demo (albeit monophonically, obviously).
Are you perhaps looking for legato glide ("fingered portamento" in Yamaha speak)?

ah ok,

yes i guess,

same glide as the "auto glide" on patch settings.......
must be a way to have the glide module function in the same way.. ie glide only between notes (legato) and not glide into the first (detache) note
Tim Kleinert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

svoboda wrote:
must be a way to have the glide module function in the same way.. ie glide only between notes (legato) and not glide into the first (detache) note

Of course there is. Smile

Here's an updated version which offers 3 glide functions (off, constant on, legato) for the mono/unison keyboard modes.

PoMoUniGlide2_TK.pch2
 Description:
Polyphony management building block which offers poly, mono and unison keyboard modes, as well as 3 glide functions for mono/unison.

Download
 Filename:  PoMoUniGlide2_TK.pch2
 Filesize:  1.7 KB
 Downloaded:  4159 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Building Blocks
Jump to: