electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  EdisonRex Edison's Electronic Review
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Strings and things
Six String Vector Electric Cello with Multi String Output
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
martin1981

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Six String Vector Electric Cello with Multi String Output Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I thought this may be of interest to some people on here (haven't had time to read the forum rules but I'm happy to move the post if it's not allowed to post FS items here!!).

I've decided to sell my custom built 6 string Vector electric cello, because I'm concentrating on acoustic/ethnic strings now and not doing any live playing. Also need a bit of cash at the moment for various reasons (including loads of other instrument purchases over the last year!).

I'm based in the UK (near London), and would be happy to demo the instrument (only if the enquiry is serious). I could also ship internationally, if interested please get in touch. Price is £1999 but I will consider reasonable offers, as I'm looking for a quick sale.

All the details are on the Ebay listing, linked below (if it has expired I will re-list if it is not yet sold). The cello has a huge range and wonderful sound (compared to lower-end electric cellos which can sound awful) it also has a breakout box which allows the 6 strings to output to individual jacks. This is quite far-out for experimental music, e.g. different effects on each string or groups of strings, or sending different strings to different speakers in a surround setup, many possibilities. Thanks for looking.

http://www.ebay.co.uk:80/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230691425523
Oskar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weeell, I'm one of the mods on this particular sub forum, and I'm okay with your post, seeing as it's such an unusual instrument that it's bound to tickle a few folks' fancies. I don't play any bowed string instruments at all, but some on here do, could you post a few pics, please? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see what this baby looks like.
Oh, and welcome

martin1981

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! Smile Lots of pics on the Ebay listing, actually it's re-listed here now:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230696470490#ht_500wt_1413

If I have a chance later today I'll post some pics here as well, however they will just be the same ones as on Ebay. Thanks again!

Oskar wrote:
Weeell, I'm one of the mods on this particular sub forum, and I'm okay with your post, seeing as it's such an unusual instrument that it's bound to tickle a few folks' fancies. I don't play any bowed string instruments at all, but some on here do, could you post a few pics, please? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see what this baby looks like.
Oh, and welcome
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Strings and things
Jump to: