electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Arduino
Arduino/AVR Assembly Language - Resources
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Arduino/AVR Assembly Language - Resources Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am currently exploring the possibility of porting some old Commodore 64 MIDI assembly language programs I did in the late 1980s to an arduino. (See http://www.e-univercity.com/Programming/C64_MIDI_ASM/ for ancient C-64 code) To view, open the files in your favorite text reader--eg notepad.

Unsure if I will do this in Arduino C or Arduino/AVR asm, I am researching Arduino/AVR assembly language resources. As long as I am doing this, I thought I'd post them here--so its easy for me to find them and in case others are interested or have other resources to add.

Steve

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/AVR
http://blog.threebytesfull.com/post/6475041619/arduino-avr-assembly-language Note: As of 5 August 2013, this link seems to be dead.
http://ucexperiment.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/arduino-assembly-language-listing-of-compiled-sketch-windows/

Note: The Arduino software includes (among other things): avr-libc-manual.pdf which describes a number of the avr executables that come with the arduino ide and some details about using asm.

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool info, thanks!
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Arduino/AVR Assembly Language - Resources Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
I am currently exploring the possibility of porting some old Commodore 64 MIDI assembly language programs I did in the late 1980s to an arduino.

Sounds intersting.
How will you interact with the games?
Will the games have some sort of graphical output?

bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Sounds intersting.

he didn't mention games Very Happy
he did MIDI programming on the C64

cappy2112

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bubzy wrote:
Quote:
Sounds intersting.

he didn't mention games Very Happy
he did MIDI programming on the C64

Ok, you got me. Whenever I see C64, I think of games Wink

bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Razz
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL Yeah, it was midi programming. I did have some games which I probably played at some point, probably before I got into midi and programming on it. I might even still have my C-64 FORTH cartridge somewhere. Not sure if I have any of the game cartidges, though. I remember one with a clown that you had to move left and right to pop balloons with a pin on his head. That was engaging for a little while.
Steve
cappy2112

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
LOL Yeah, it was midi programming. I did have some games which I probably played at some point, probably before I got into midi and programming on it. I might even still have my C-64 FORTH cartridge somewhere. Not sure if I have any of the game cartidges, though. I remember one with a clown that you had to move left and right to pop balloons with a pin on his head. That was engaging for a little while.
Steve

Did you know the C64 and the Amiga are still alive and running in virtual machines (as are just about every 8-bit computer ever made)?

http://www.c64forever.com/

This is a commercial C64 emulator, there are several free ones though.
I suspect this one is the Cadillac.

cappy2112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Arduino/AVR Assembly Language - Resources Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:

Note: The Arduino software includes (among other things): avr-libc-manual.pdf which describes a number of the avr executables that come with the arduino ide and some details about using asm.

This is the homepage for AVR Libc

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Arduino
Jump to: