electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Programming the A6's Sequencer
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ChurchyLaFemme

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Programming the A6's Sequencer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys,

I am trying to take advantage of the Andromeda's sequencer and am having a little trouble wrapping my mind around it. I have heard people say that you can input notes for the sequence via the keyboard, but I can't figure out how to do this. Given how jumping the knobs can be, setting note values manually seems to be a big pain.

I also am wondering if there is a way to set a constant gate/trigger so that the sequencer continues to run without having to continuously retrigger it via the keyboard. Many synths I have played (e.g. the Moog Voyager) have a 'hold' button that keep the volume VCA open. Is there an easy way to do this on the A6?

Thanks! Any other tricks to navigate the sequencer would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Churchy
ChurchyLaFemme

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoke too soon! Just found my answer regarding inputting notes via KB.

Concerning my other question, my current workaround is to use the sustain pedal to supply a constant gate for the sequencer. Is there any easier way to do this? (i.e. that doesn't require any of my limbs to sustain it)?

Thanks again!

Churchy
Angroc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is sadly the workaround I use as well. Would be dope to have good ol' play button for some things. I enjoy making tracks on the Andro alone (it has a great multi!), so the sequencer can be a pain sometimes in that regard.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: