electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
sequencer with note duration regulation
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
and70it

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: sequencer with note duration regulation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello, i have a problem with my g2x.
I want to build a sequencer with the same function of the arturia
moog modular. My seq work but in the MMV i can regulate the duration of the notes.
Can you help me?
Thanks
Andreas

P.s.: sorry about my bad english. Smile
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you want one knob to regulate the length of all the notes,
or a separate control for each step in the sequence?
and70it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want one knob to regulate the length of all the notes, but also your second version is interesting.

Thanks
Andrea
Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and70it wrote:
I want one knob to regulate the length of all the notes, but also your second version is interesting.

Thanks
Andrea

Here is one that has variable note length and the possibility to skip steps. Might be a starting point.

SkipsAndTimesSeqB224.pch2
 Description:
Sequencer timing control. Variable note lengths and the possibility to skip steps.

Download
 Filename:  SkipsAndTimesSeqB224.pch2
 Filesize:  2.31 KB
 Downloaded:  1805 Time(s)

and70it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks
i will try it
Sander_k

G2 patch files: 16

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't seen the patch yet, but i usually put a pulse module behind the sequencers output. This works great for controlling other synths! Very Happy

(wow, Rob's patch is really useful Smile )
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: sequencer note lengths Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

removed
Last edited by cappy2112 on Thu May 19, 2005 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The original MOOG sequencer also had a jump button. It is a momentary push button (one for each stage) that would instantly jump the sequencer to that stage. Any way to hook that in?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rob wrote:
Here is one that has variable note length and the possibility to skip steps. Might be a starting point.
Where did this patch go? http://electro-music.com/forum/download.php?id=1737 seems to be missing!

Cheers,

Bill

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's there, Bill. We were having a file server problem. There was a notice at the top of every forum page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
It's there, Bill. We were having a file server problem. There was a notice at the top of every forum page.
Thanks. I didn't notice the note until after I had made the post. BTW, how do I upload and under what conditions should I do so?

Cheers,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use the "Add an Attachment" button (just above the "submit" button when posting a message to the forum. It works most of the time unless we are having technical problems.
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you like my new hat? I uploaded a photo of me wearing it as my new avatar. It goes quite well with my outfit, don't you think? Wink
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah of course it's the new hat, I thought you might have lost some pounds :-)

Jan.
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
Do you like my new hat? I uploaded a photo of me wearing it as my new avatar. It goes quite well with my outfit, don't you think? Wink

Whoa. That is one creepy avatar, Bill. Say 'hi' to Dr. Moreau for me Smile

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Talking about avatars on the forum is pointless unless you copy the avatar into the post. Reason: when a user changes the avatar, it is changed everywhere.

Also Gomidas posted a request to have this for the NM Classic. That topic is here http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-5476.html

dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Gate sequencer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One very useful module (which is patchable currently but not very elegant, and not 100% perfect) is a clocked gate module.

It holds a gate for n clock cycles. has a reset and a modulation input & with depth and gate hold time knob (0..127 cycles). output is gate

right now this involves using a clock divider modulated via midi assign. the modulation source. the clock divide is inverted and is used to hold the sample (S/H module).

The flaw is that all notes (if they occur more frequently than their duration), are held. But in this case I use a 2nd sequencer (usually seq#2 from event sequencer) as my switch as an envelope reset.

But blast it, the clocked gate opens (no pun intended) a world of fun and happiness. As does my recent Arctic proprietary sequencer design.

/dasz
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you need the second sequencer for? You could have each note reset the clock devider and have a pulse on the trigger out break the gate for a sample length.

If you know ahead what length notes will have you can also implement a little polyphony engine and be rid of that problem altogether.

dasz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use the 2nd sequencer for note resets when the 1st sequencer is in Gate mode and 2 consecutive steps are on which I want separated. I use both the clocked gate & Gate mode & switch between them.

This gives me more flexibility when performing.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unless I'm missing something I think that could be done more efficiently with one sequencer in trigger mode and some logic pulse/edge delay trickery. That might not be more efficient zero-page-wise but it'd be far more convenient to program.
dasz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen, everyone's setup is different.

Due to my RSI (repetitive stress injury , and mousing is a pain for me, literally) I do not get enough patching time (I'ma G2 panel surfer) to nail all my designs dead on, thus my designs have certain sideeffects (aka features).

These side effects are where the magic happens.

One day I hope to get enough patching time, but until then, I can only gather ideas, concepts and prototypes.

I think your point initally was that some of the modules in the clocked gate are not necessary, and maybe I missed your point (as I was referring to my implementation).

/Dasz
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: