electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Cwejman Modules Arrive!
Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Cwejman Modules Arrive!
Subject description: mmf-1, vceq-3, & d-lfo pictures
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, here are some photos. Just got them today. If I get a chance I'll try and rack them so I can let you all know how they operate. I really hope Wowa releases a rack for his modules. He should also release some matching blank panel spaces because it wouldn't look to cool with the modules racked and blank panel spaces from another maker that doesn't match in color. Yes, I'm anal when it comes to my gear like this.

You can see below also how thin the modules are.

VCEQ-3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  169.36 KB
 Viewed:  874 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

VCEQ-3.jpg

D-LFO.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  181.53 KB
 Viewed:  826 Time(s)

D-LFO.jpg

MMF-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  163.6 KB
 Viewed:  863 Time(s)

MMF-1.jpg

monads

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back and side views of the MMF-1. By the way all the modules come with mounting screws and ribbon cable (in case they're not pictured).

No manuals/booklet was provided with the modules. Assuming becase one can just download them from the website.

MMF-1 (side).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.42 KB
 Viewed:  834 Time(s)

MMF-1 (side).jpg

MMF-1 (back).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.35 KB
 Viewed:  949 Time(s)

MMF-1 (back).jpg

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats. These look like very well-made modules. I like the shielding - 1st rate, no doubt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
yusynth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice indeed and the VC-EQ module is certainly a winner !
Concerning rack and blanks, I have a question, on the photos on Cwejman's site where all available modules are shown together I have the strange impression that the width of the modules is very variable and it looks difficult to have them aligned in a multi-row cabinet. Am I wrong ?
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by yusynth on Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
monads

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I don't have all the modules so I can't comment on alignment. But they are of different widths and I have requested matching blank panels be released. I guess if a complete rack is offered then the blank panels will be made available. Untill then we just have to live with as is but I'm hoping for the former Wink

So please Wowa, release us a Cwejaman rack and matching blank panels to put your awesome modules into Very Happy
ocp

Audio files: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What kind of case/power supply are you using?
Beautiful stuff, btw!

monads

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ocp wrote:
What kind of case/power supply are you using?
Beautiful stuff, btw!

I was just going to use my Doepfer 6U case. I don't want to though because I have to unplug modules to do so. But to test them out I guess why not Wink

Stay tuned....
uc.t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Picked up my S1 today. Wowa talked quite a bit about his forthcoming modules! 10 of them are in developing stage, among them a VC Compressor, Phaser and a shifter. And his´s thinking of building his own cases, almost slim as the S1!
monads

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uc.t wrote:
Picked up my S1 today. Wowa talked quite a bit about his forthcoming modules! 10 of them are in developing stage, among them a VC Compressor, Phaser and a shifter. And his´s thinking of building his own cases, almost slim as the S1!

Very cool. I really hope he builds the rack/case because I want one for these modules. Perhaps after this next batch is released we'll hear more about it. Only makes sense because one would have enough modules to fill a 6U rack size presumably. Since you're down the street from him tell him we all want one Very Happy
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look really cool,
I had no idea that the Cwejman Sound forum was about modular synths! Embarassed
Cwejman made me think of software! So I've never had a look in there until you named this thread!
I'd be measuring the widths of the modules to find out how many different widths there are. Then fire up an excell spreadsheet and start working out a formula that will give you all the width combinations that will fit into a 19" rack. Well,... that's what I'd do. Confused

levka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi There,
I also received my modules this week.

They are just great, especially the VM-1 IMO.

More details later ...

regards
Joost
11ish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My D-LFO arrived today.
Great, complex module - a small modular system in itself!
I‘m very happy with it overall, I just wonder why one cycle is only 30 seconds and not 40 as written on the panel... an earlier version maybe? I remember the graphic in an earlier pdf-file of the D-LFO showing "30 seconds" on the panel.
How slow is a cycle on yours?
11ish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have had it readjusted. Thank you Wowa!
This module is so great.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm already lusting over these Smile

I'm very envious of that vc-eq module. I always thought vceq was a great idea that no one had done.

Expensive shit, but it looks so well made Smile

My Wiard Woggle.....it needs a companion! Crying or Very sad Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
monads

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

11ish wrote:

I just wonder why one cycle is only 30 seconds and not 40 as written on the panel... an earlier version maybe? I remember the graphic in an earlier pdf-file of the D-LFO showing "30 seconds" on the panel.
How slow is a cycle on yours?

What serial is your D-LFO and how did you measure the cycle? I don't have any types of measuring equipment but I'm assuming I could use my sequencer to time the cycle at the lowest settings. But if it's off I don't want to take the time to adjust the settings on the back panel.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Monads,

Have you considered one of those SKB-like cases that open up and fold upwards? IMO, I think it's vitally important to consider ergonomics with a unit like this. (Vertical rack-mount stuff always gives me a stiff neck!)

My old friend Pete 'Sonic Boom' Kember has a Serge system in one of these cases. He just turns up to a gig, folds up the front panel, and the angle can then be adjusted to suit front panel viewing. The Cwejman is cleverly designed so you can do this it seems. That's one of the main downfalls of the Wiard 300 system, the modules are too deep.

sonicboom1g.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.09 KB
 Viewed:  34322 Time(s)

sonicboom1g.jpg

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
monads

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only SKB case I could find is the "Pop-Up 12U Mixer ATA". Is that the same one you might be talking about? I thought about it. But I still need that Cwejman rack case to put them in Wink
majool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can one of you kind fellas post some audio demos??? Would love to hear what these guys sound like...

Thanks!
monads

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

majool wrote:
Can one of you kind fellas post some audio demos??? Would love to hear what these guys sound like...

Thanks!

I would love to for you guys, however I don't have mine racked. I did test them in my Doepfer case to make sure they worked but then quickly unracked and put'em away. They will likely stay boxed until I acquire more modules to assemble the cwejman modular. I'm also waiting/hopeing for a rack case to be released. The modules start to add up so I have to build the unit slowly. If the rack is released next year I'll have pictures and samples for you all.
majool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're gonna let em sit??? Breakin my heart, but I understand. Shocked Laughing
monads

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

majool wrote:
You're gonna let em sit??? Breakin my heart, but I understand. Shocked Laughing

Haha. I hate to let them sit, and I know it may sound crazy. But I want the 'compete' cwejman system/parts. He hasn't released any blank panels yet either which I'd love to get. I just can't wait to interface them with the S1 MK2. I love that instrument.

Oh, and for those that don't know, the next set of modules are due to be released. Check out the link below for the latest and prices.

http://www.analoguehaven.com/cwejman/modules/
Alex Omega

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Cwejman modular
Subject description: what to buy as a basic set up
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there,

I love the cwejman s1 mkII sound but i don't have the cash...
But i do have a Macbeth m3x thai'm willing 2 sacrifice...

Still that won't make it possible to buy a s1...

So i'm thinking a basic modular set up by cwejman...

this is what I'm interrested in: combo#1 2xVM-1 and maybe 1xa VCO2-RM or combo#2 1x VM-1, 1x VCO-RM and 1x MMF-1

But in addition to this i need a rack with powersuply or something? and midi > cv?? What will that cost aproxx. ? Or am i still missing something?

I hope i can post this in this thread....

greetings AO
Sound

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

----
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Compression, limiting, and EQ have long been missing from synthesizers. Brian Eno was lamenting the lack of dedicated EQ on synths in an early 1980s Keyboard magazine interview... I tip my hat to Cwejman for not only addressing these gaping holes, but for going far enough to add VC to them!

Out of interest, what does the color look like in person? I wouldn't have thought that I would like an olive drab scheme, but I'm growing to like it.

Congrats!
Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Jump to: