electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
tuning/calibrating the cwejman s1mk2...
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
justmcg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: tuning/calibrating the cwejman s1mk2... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just can not seem to get this right. The instrument seems to tune to one note just fine, and stays in tune. Also, the 'range' controls for each osc are tuned and actulaly produce even octaves up/down......

However, if i tune to say, C2 then play C3, C3 will always be tuned too high, then C4 will be even higher. I've tried adjusting all of the range controls on the back, and just can't seem to get this to work. Does anyone have any tips or ideas? Thanks!
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like perhaps there is an adjustment for the midi note CV. If the range switchs track then the keyboard should also if it is 1V/Oct.
justmcg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is there a way for me to adjust that?
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it the master scale trimmer shown on Page 25 of the manual?

Sorry I don't own an S1 :¬(
justmcg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, page 25 has a drawing of the calibration section.
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you 1st follow pg. 24 and calibrate the scale for each oscillator? After you set that then I'd calibrate the range. You can follow the same procedure as in calibrating the scales. For example, use OSC1 & 2. Set them to the same waveforms, Range/Tune at 0. Route them to the LPF and set the Cutoff at 10. In the AMP section set the Filter Mix to LPF and Envelope Mix to envelope generator 1. With OSC2 as the reference, and you holding down C2, adjust the Range knob of OSC1 to +1. It should now be 1 octave higher than OSC2. If not then adjust the back of the trim potentiometer of OSC1 on the back to be so. Let me know if this helps a little.

I was also wondering if anyone knows how often one should re-calibrate their S1's?
monads

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

monads wrote:
I was also wondering if anyone knows how often one should re-calibrate their S1's?

I guess no one re-tunes their S1's? Confused Or maybe once tuned it lasts forever? LOL
justmcg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahhah, Yeah I guess you tune it as often as you need to. For me, I haven't noticed any drift from what I had previously (which was wrong). So maybe once it is properly tuned you're good to go (besides turning of the oscs on the front panel each time you play).

By the way, I STILL don't think I am getting it right, but I am a lot closer. I wish there was an eaiser method...
monads

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, there really isn't an easier method. But it works and the idea is to get as close as possible.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Jump to: