electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Acxel II
There is a Technos Axcel hidden away somewhere in Sweden!
Page 2 of 3 [54 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: The hidden Axcel Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Henrik wrote:
Yes, I went to that shop and tried to get it demonstrated for me, but it didn´t work properly. The demonstrator could´nt get any sound out of it, but at least I derived the pleasure from form some waves on the touch screen with my fingers Smile

Jam?

I´ve heard similar stories ( but not about that Acxel though ).. Seemingly there is a lot of both newish and vintage gear they really shouldn´t try to sell secondhand... Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
pguilmette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: The hidden Axcel Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Henrik wrote:
Yes, I went to that shop and tried to get it demonstrated for me, but it didn´t work properly. The demonstrator could´nt get any sound out of it, but at least I derived the pleasure from form some waves on the touch screen with my fingers Smile

Too bad, but it is strange. If you can boot the system (having the console working allowing to draw waveforms) this means that whole processing hardware is working properly, the issue would be located on the D/A Converters Modules or the back audio mix/connectors modules. I suspect a mechanical issue (device-sosket insertion, bad contact).

If you have the contact for the one who owns it, I may be of some help if he contacts me ...

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.jamshop.se/

( use the search box - put in Acxcel and go )

They are asking almost 40 000 swedish kroner which is approx 6800 canadian dollars.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
pguilmette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
http://www.jamshop.se/

( use the search box - put in Acxcel and go )

They are asking almost 40 000 swedish kroner which is approx 6800 canadian dollars.

Hi,
Not cheap. They sell a 1 syncard unit (256 cells). I didn't find contact email there, but if they email me I can try to help them to fix the problem that doesn't seem to be severe...

Electronicant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well this was I while ago and it´s possible that they´ve fixed the problem now. But the guy who is the synth buyer and expert there is Johan. You have the contact there on the site. The price is quite high yes but they started from 60000 skr or so from the beginning. They had changed out some old tired capacitors in it. The manual was only available in french and they had no translator for it. The sound reminds a bit like the Hartmann Neuron he said.

However, I look forward to the Axcel II.

(I also showed some interest in the Rhodes Chroma they have there, but - it had to go through a reparation first :/ )
pguilmette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Henrik wrote:
Well this was I while ago and it´s possible that they´ve fixed the problem now. ...
The manual was only available in french and they had no translator for it. The sound reminds a bit like the Hartmann Neuron he said.

However, I look forward to the Axcel II.

About the manual, someone else asked it, I need to check on my old backups (20 years ago) for english version and electronic version.

About the shop, well if they need some help they can contact me.

About Acxel II, we currently work on partnership and technical setup for production and software updated... more to come

pguilmette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Acxel Manual Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found a 5 1/4" floppy that contains the Acxel Manual... Need now to find a drive Smile
TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Acxel at jam is one of M.Boman ex machines ,only one card indeed and the software that comes with it is a version that don't support the multi outputs note.

They r ready to negociate the price but u will not obtain a huge discount.

Price is to high for 1 card,so i left it quickly behind me. Rolling Eyes
Fungitec

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: The Axcel in Sweden has gone private... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wanted to inform you all that the Technos Axcel has left the shop in Sweden and now resident in a studio, still in swEden, owned by an ex-coworker of the same shop. He is now working at Elektron music-machines MAV AB. He´s a friendly guy that probably will give you, hardcore-additive addicts out there, more information of the unit on request.

http://www.myspace.com/djerase

/fungitec
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Axcel in Sweden has gone private... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fungitec wrote:
Just wanted to inform you all that the Technos Axcel has left the shop in Sweden and now resident in a studio, still in swEden, owned by an ex-coworker of the same shop. He is now working at Elektron music-machines MAV AB. He´s a friendly guy that probably will give you, hardcore-additive addicts out there, more information of the unit on request.

http://www.myspace.com/djerase

/fungitec

Hi,i would like to hear some hi Q mp3 dry sound demos in high and lo freqs of this thing in mono and poly sounding.

TIA
erase

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by erase on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
erase

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

liveset using acxel, mpc4000, tenorion, boss re20 and a kaosspad. no laptops involved. acxel comes in at 12,

http://www.uchujin.hostrator.com/erase-liveartofsoundmariehamn081010.mp3

some photos from liveset here:

http://isrich.fotodagboken.com/gallery/2174

Last edited by erase on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi erase ,mp3 link does not work here for me Sad (nice pics)
TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok link working,realy nice atmos from 21:00 to 24:10,but ... u don't need to have an acxel to generate all the rest..
erase

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
but ... u don't need to have an acxel to generate all the rest..

not sure what that supposed to mean, but, well you are right. theres other instruments being used aswell.
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erase wrote:
TekniK wrote:
but ... u don't need to have an acxel to generate all the rest..

not sure what that supposed to mean, but, well you are right. theres other instruments being used aswell.

I mean u can do that kind of stuff with a little set of DiY analog modules.(@fraction of the costs of an acxel)
But maybe u have done more complex or interesting sounds with the acxel?
source66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Acxel Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some creations with the Acxel can be found here.
http://www.myspace.com/jacqueschabot

Especially the two last tracks.

/Robert

erase

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
...I mean u can do that kind of stuff with a little set of DiY analog modules.(@fraction of the costs of an acxel)

this was done in a live fashion and using the grapher interface setup as a 4 bar sequencer.

if you want, send me a couple of (short) wav samples and Ill acxelise them and post some variations. pm me.
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erase wrote:
TekniK wrote:
...I mean u can do that kind of stuff with a little set of DiY analog modules.(@fraction of the costs of an acxel)

this was done in a live fashion and using the grapher interface setup as a 4 bar sequencer.

if you want, send me a couple of (short) wav samples and Ill acxelise them and post some variations. pm me.

I mean,u can do that kind of sounds with analog modules to,in other words,i don't hear a diffirence what the Acxel generates that is so different in this particular sound piece u uploaded.

I could send u modules but i don't know if u will be able to get something interesting out of it ,no offence Wink

Thanks Robert its a better example (but in a sea of fx )

edit: oeps erase u edited ur post hehe,but thats a great idea (in fact am interested in the new Acxel )
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok i have send u PM erase
erase

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

happy to provide. in my view, what the acxel excels at is the user interface first and foremost. If its pure resynthesis one is after, there are of course much better alternatives. what I find rewarding is that its really a musical instrument in its own sense. it shares the same feeling as a minimoog, cs80, dx7 and so on. expressiveness and interaction is its keypoints. for instance, you can with the tip of your finger draw and correct the individual volumes of 32 oscillators, see the whole process in front of you and this without having to switch pages or screens. its both useful and unique, like a drawbar on an organ but taken one step further. I wish idarca the best of success with acxel II.
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok,here are a set of dry samples i made ready to be Acxelyzed. Wink

Acxel Dry.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Acxel Dry.rar
 Filesize:  2.65 MB
 Downloaded:  723 Time(s)

erase

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the acxelised versions , 24 bit 44.1 khz

Acxel Wet.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Acxel Wet.zip
 Filesize:  4.2 MB
 Downloaded:  688 Time(s)

pguilmette

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: ACXEL DRY SOUNDS on ACXEL II Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Erase and Teknik

I found also interesting to "ACXELATE" your sounds with the ACXEL II.

These are 1st shot analysis using Default Analysis parameters (no adjustments) that would improve some elements: High frequency components, Transients, Cells allocations.

About the use of Cells for each samples:
#1 : Cells 84 raw analysis, 79 synthesis
#2 : Cells 41 raw analysis, 40 synthesis
#3 : Cells 55 raw analysis, 49 synthesis
#4 : Cells 149 raw analysis, 148 synthesis
#5 : Cells 178 raw analysis, 168 synthesis
#6 : Cells 106 raw analysis, 103 synthesis
#7 : Cells 51
#8 : Cells 185 raw analysis, 175 synthesis
#9 : Cells 112

Enclosed Wave files (16 bits, 44.1 Khz, mono) of resynthesized Sounds and Analysis Screen Shots for each Sound on base Analysis window.

Acxel2-wet.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Acxel2-wet.zip
 Filesize:  3.16 MB
 Downloaded:  706 Time(s)

Acxel2-screenshots.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Acxel2-screenshots.zip
 Filesize:  1.1 MB
 Downloaded:  668 Time(s)

pguilmette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Acxel 1 - Cells Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am curious Erase, as I have no working Acxel #1 in hands (I will within about 2 months hopefully).
Can you provide the number of cells used for the 9 samples that you Acxelized ??? Thanks.

About Acxel II Analysis, as I said the resynthesis was done very quickly with default setup. Different Parameters would be very significants to improve the accuracy in particular the High Frequency, in default the Analyzer damps higher components that 8 Khz. This can be adjusted...

We actually work to supply 5 - 6 different presets for Analysis parameters (manually about 30 parameters) in order to optimize the results (Accuracy, Cells economy, Cells allocations, etc.) . We maintain our efforts to improve the accuracy and allow very open uses on resynthesis.

Page 2 of 3 [54 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Acxel II
Jump to: