Joined: Jul 06, 2004
Location: The Hague, NL
G2 patch files: 3
|Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:30 am Post subject:
|Ge anounced a update for ChucK on the mailinglist;
chuck-18.104.22.168 (dracula) is available:
Many goodies, feature/bug enhancements, better bugs and more! A major
HID backend update by Spencer (plus OS X enhancements: access to sudden
motion sensor, hot plugging, etc.), "Dynamics": a Companimuckergate
(compressor / expander / limiter / ducker / gate) finally makes it in
(thanks to Matt Hoffman and Graham Coleman!!). Masterman Dan Trueman
brings his totally wild live/granular sampling UGen to ChucK via the
"LiSa" UGen, and ports the classic GenX family from RTcmix. Much bug
fixins. Oh, one can finally concatenate strings (warning: this may
introduce small memory leaks in the process until garbage collection is
finished - so use with care and hopefully outside of tight inner loops).
Massive: Spencer has gone through and updated the majority of the
documentation (manual and online) and additions will continue to be made!
As always, let us know if you encounter unexpected fishiness!
* new miniAudicle (Spencer will announce soon!)
* chuck~ for Max/MSP by Brad Garton, and for PD by Martin Robinson
* S.M.E.L.T.!!! by Rebecca and Ge
A TON of thanks to Kassen, Larry Simon, Jim Bumgardner, Brad Garton,
Martin Robinson, Graham Coleman, Bruce Murphy, Scott Wheeler, Eduard
Aylon, Kijjaz, Matjutsu, and the rest of the chuck community for
invaluable contributions to this release!!
Thanks and Happy ChucKing!
- (added) command line argument support
e.g. %> chuck foo.ck:1:hello bar:2.5:"with space"
also works with OTF commands
e.g. %> chuck + foo:1:yo
also works with Machine.add( ... )
e.g. // code
Machine.add( "foo:1:2:yo" );
(see examples/basic/args.ck for accessing from code)
- (added) OS X: watchdog enabled
win32: watchdog implemented and enabled
(combats chuck infinite empty loop implosion)
- (added) OTF server/listener now ON by default...
to enable, specify --loop or --server
to disable, specify --standalone
- (added) new UGens:
Dynamics: dynamics processor (compressor, expander, etc.)
(author Matt Hoffman and Graham Coleman)
GenX: classic + new lookup table functions base class
(author Dan Trueman, ported from RTCMix)
float .lookup( float ) : lookup table value
float .coeffs( float ) : load the table
Gen5 (extends GenX)
Gen7 (extends GenX)
Gen9 (extends GenX)
Gen10 (extends GenX)
Gen17 (extends GenX)
CurveTable (extends GenX)
WarpTable (extends GenX)
LiSa: (Li)ve (Sa)mpling!
(author Dan Trueman, partly based on Dan's munger~)
- (added) (prototype) string catenation
(for now will leak memory! use wisely!!!)
e.g. // expression
"a" + "b"
"a" + 45
"a" + 5.1
"postfix" +=> str;
- (added) string escape sequences
\0 \n \t \a \" \b \f \r \v \\
\nnn (3 digit octal ascii)
- (added) new Objects:
StringTokenizer: uh string tokenizer (by whitespace)
(use to be hidden PRC object)
ConsoleInput: interim console input (until file I/O)
(use to be hidden Skot object)
- (api) API additions
-------- (also see API modifications below)
ADSR: dur attackTime()
float releaseTime( float ) -> dur releaseTime( dur )
- (api) deprecated --> new classes
HidIn --> Hid
- (fixed) adc.last() now returns correct value (was returning 0)
- (fixed) array is now subclass of Object
- (fixed) accessing null array no longer crashes (instead: exception)
- (fixed) allow: 0 length float arrays
- (fixed) check for negative array size
- (fixed) accessing null map no longer crashes (instead: exception)
- (fixed) connecting null UGen references no longer crashes
- (fixed) trivial (null == null) no longer evaluated as string
- (fixed) strict (x,y) => z type checking
- (fixed) UGens no longer able to make duplicate connections
- (fixed) && now terminates early if an operand evaluates to 0
|| terminates early if an operand evaluates to 1
- (fixed) bug accessing static members of built-in classes
- (fixed) OscSend.startMsg no longer silently fails when
using a single string message specification
- (fixed) Math.atan2 now accepts the proper arguments
- (fixed) increased OTF command network fail-safe measures
- (fixed) STK BlitSquare now produces correct frequency
(applied fix from STK release)
- (fixed) no longer spontaneously crashes when HidIn and
other event based input mechanisms are firing rapidly
- (fixed) using non-static variables from inside static functions
- (fixed) variables must be declared before being used
Spencer anounced a Mini Audicle update;
miniAudicle-0.1.3.7 (alpha) is now available.
This release fixes an occasionally fatal bug on Linux and also
includes general performance updates. This release is also
integrated with chuck-22.214.171.124, including command line argument
support within miniAudicle. Additionally, a Preferences window has
been added to Windows and Linux versions to easily allow dynamic
reconfiguration of the virtual machine and editor. For Linux users,
miniAudicle now supports wxWidgets-2.8, with the caveat that GTK+
2.10 is also required (due to a bug in miniAudicle) (compiling
miniAudicle with wxWidgets-2.6 still works with any GTK+ 2).
Special thanks to Imre Kéri, Atte Andre Jensen, Kassen, and Larry
Simon for their bug requests, feature reports, and other help with
Please let us know about any problems, bugs, feature requests, etc.
- (added)(all) chuck-126.96.36.199
- (added)(all) command line argument support
- (added)(Windows,Linux) graphical preferences interface
- (added)(Windows,Linux) limited wxWidgets 2.8 support
- (added)(Linux) ChucK/miniAudicle logo now associated
with application windows
- (added)(Mac) smart indentation (including enable/disable
Prefs option) (not so smart sometimes)
- (added)(Mac) buffer size Preferences option
- (added)(Mac) Text, Gauge UI elements
- (added)(Mac) enable/disable line numbers Preferences option
- (fixed)(Linux) crash closing document windows
- (fixed)(Mac) line numbers now scroll dynamically and
continue to bottom of document view
- (fixed)(Mac) VM and console monitors update when mouse is
- (fixed)(Mac) improved console monitor performance
Joined: Sep 20, 2004
Location: bangkok, thailand
Audio files: 4
|Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:10 am Post subject:
|i'm not sure i'm experiencing HPF bug in the new version..
sometimes when i use HPF just like i used in the older version 188.8.131.52,
it just doens't have any sounds out.
is anyone experiencing this also?
for example, in chuck 184.108.40.206, Impulse s => HPF f;
and i can set f to various freq & Q and it works fine.
but now i can't get the same effect working the same way.
it works the same way with LPF and BPF, so i'm still not worried about them.