electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Help
How to re-upload a lost attachment
Page 1 of 2 [32 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject:  How to re-upload a lost attachment
Subject description: Needed for all uploads between Oct 25, 2006 and Aug 24, 2007
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately, the recent server catastrophe resulted in the loss of virtually all attachments posted between Oct 25, 2006 and today, Aug 20, 2007. Fortunately, it is possible to reload attachments. The process is pretty simple. We hope this is useful.

1) view the post where the attachment is posted and press the little Edit icon on the upper right of the post. Everyone can edit their own posts.

2) Click on the Posted Attachments button under the editing window. You'll see your attachment.

This part isn't intuitive:

3) Click on the Add Attachment button.

4) Select the new file to upload in the add attachment panel using the browse widget that will now be seen

5) Now don't click on the Add Attachment button, but click on Upload New Version in the section just below where you selected the new file.

6) When the screen reloads, the click on the Submit button.

If you have any problem, post them here because most probably someone else will as well.

Thanks and sorry for this inconvenience.

Last edited by mosc on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mosc, THANK YOU. For your unending support of this community. I don't know the status of the current servers, but I'd be glad to donate a hard drive or two, if it's needed. Or monetary support. Pay-pal?

I'll be surfing the links today, trying to find what I can to recreate the knowledge base.

This has been a hard year for me, and I'm truly glad this forum exists, both as a learning experience, and outlet. You established the best group of people on the internet, with your leadership and wisdom. Best of luck in the future.
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How to reupload a lost attachment
Subject description: Probably needed for all uploads after Oct 25, 2006
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

4) Put in the new file to upload in the add attachment panel using the browse widget that will now be seen.

Hi Howard, without your tutorial I would not been able to reupload all the files on my forum.
I would only clarify 4), I was a bit lost at first: Select the new file to upload in the add attachment panel using the browse widget that will now be seen

Howard, you are my hero respect Hail the Master well-done well done

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
I'd be glad to donate a hard drive or two, if it's needed. Or monetary support. Pay-pal?

There is a donate link on the front page, rightmost column, but as the store is not working currently the donate won't either probably Wink

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Carlo. Your working is better - I edited the post.

JK, thanks for the support. I think that donate thing will work since it is pretty independent of the store software. Right now, all the disks on Earth wouldn't help. We are leasing servers from Godaddy.com. They are pretty good. I can't complain about their prices and service. Still, things are always changing. I'm going to look into leasing a data service or something.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
frijitz

Audio files: 54

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I *think* I have all mine reuploaded. Sure seemed difficult. Is there any way to keep it from popping up to the top every time you give it a command? I kept getting lost. Very Happy
Nth L0gik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: yeah.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks a million mosc (howard) for maintaining the forum and keepin it good
i appreciate every effort that you can muster to bring this forum to light.
i have much to contrib to this place i feel certain.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

frijitz wrote:
I *think* I have all mine reuploaded. Sure seemed difficult. Is there any way to keep it from popping up to the top every time you give it a command? I kept getting lost. Very Happy

Thanks so much...

I don't there the software will return to where you clicked the button, but it should. It's not too hard to do in HTML. It would take me a while to modify the software. I'm still recovering from jet lag. I thought I was over the trip to Europe, but pulling an all nighter seems to have set be back. shakng2

frijitz

Audio files: 54

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
It would take me a while to modify the software. I'm still recovering from jet lag. I thought I was over the trip to Europe, but pulling an all nighter seems to have set be back. shakng2

Get some sleep, please. Very Happy

This just a minor annoyance, of course.

Thanks for all your hard work and long hours.

Ian
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

look at these 2 attachments and tell me if you see anything different between them
Shocked

002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.82 KB
 Viewed:  39768 Time(s)

002.jpg

001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.62 KB
 Viewed:  39769 Time(s)

001.jpg

Quote:
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm working on my attachments now. I fixed this: http://electro-music.com/forum/post-127892.html#127892 Afterwards I tried the link, and it downloads the file, although something seems to have happened to the file type handling, because it displays as a text file in a new browser window (I use Safari on the Mac), instead of automatically downloading to my desktop as it did before. I have a faint memory that it used to be like this before, but you fixed it. Maybe I did something wrong when re-attaching?

Not a major issue - look at it when the jet lag is gone. Smile

/Stefan

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
I'm working on my attachments now. I fixed this: http://electro-music.com/forum/post-127892.html#127892 Afterwards I tried the link, and it downloads the file, although something seems to have happened to the file type handling, because it displays as a text file in a new browser window (I use Safari on the Mac), instead of automatically downloading to my desktop as it did before. I have a faint memory that it used to be like this before, but you fixed it. Maybe I did something wrong when re-attaching?

Thanks for the heads up Stefan. I had to update the mime.types file on the server. You may have to clear your cache or even restart your browser. I noticed the same thing on my Windows machine with Firefox. It should work now.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
look at these 2 attachments and tell me if you see anything different between them
Shocked

I see differences between them. Shocked

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
seraph wrote:
Shocked

I see differences between them. Shocked

the differences depend on looking at this thread logged in or out Shocked isn't it scary Question look at the date you joined the forum Shocked

Quote:
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:

the differences depend on looking at this thread logged in or out Shocked isn't it scary Question look at the date you joined the forum Shocked

that's not as strange as it seems, when you're logged in you see local time and when you're not logged in you see server time. Apparently join dates are recalculated to the correct time frame as well Very Happy Very good actually Exclamation

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I see why you are a Site Admin Idea

Cool

Quote:
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Now I see why you are a Site Admin Idea

Cool

I thought it was because I got Howard & Juli a bed and some breakfast Shocked Laughing

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this thread is derailing Cool Once upon a time there was the OT Sheriff to put us back on topic... Wink

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This guy?

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stein, you are double posting this picture and you know that Twisted Evil

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Stein, you are double posting this picture and you know that Twisted Evil

Nope, but then you couldnĀ“t tell because Siv JensenĀ“s mother probably looks like satan anyway.

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Siv Jensen is one of the more United states-friendly politicians in Norway, e.g.: she supported the 2003 US invasion of Iraq, instead of criticizing it.

I see

Shocked

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Quote:
Siv Jensen is one of the more United states-friendly politicians in Norway, e.g.: she supported the 2003 US invasion of Iraq, instead of criticizing it.

I see

Shocked

Right!

Actually, she is the leader of the brownshirts party.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I managed to upload a new picture http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-18819.html . But after that I get "No post mode specified".
What to do now? Did I mis something?

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JZwart wrote:
"No post mode specified".
What to do now? Did I mis something?

Looks like a bug we had in the past, I've seen this before ... something to check ... do others see this as well?

Page 1 of 2 [32 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Help
Jump to: