electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Photos of what you've built with JH PCBs
Page 6 of 9 [215 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
TekniK

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2thick4uni wrote:
A few of the JH modules I've built as stand alone 1U FX units. ]

Very classy, nice built!
adambee7

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are class 2thick4uni. Very Happy Very Happy
2thick4uni

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK and adambee - many thanks for the kind words on my 1U Rack modules Very Happy cool

Here's some pix of my JH string filter with 40 sliders Shocked

I've gone for the vintage Radiogram look, still work in progress but 90% complete.

Allan

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2thick4uni wrote:
TekniK and adambee - many thanks for the kind words on my 1U Rack modules Very Happy cool

I've gone for the vintage Radiogram look, still work in progress but 90% complete.

Allan

Awesome. Simply awesome. I wish I had the time to build a version like that. Well, I don't even have the space, and should rather think of selling some of my prototypes of various projects rather than building more. But anyway: It's stunning to see instruments built from my PCBs that surpass what I had actually in mind when I designed them. Love it!

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
2thick4uni

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Awesome. Simply awesome. I wish I had the time to build a version like that. Well, I don't even have the space, and should rather think of selling some of my prototypes of various projects rather than building more. But anyway: It's stunning to see instruments built from my PCBs that surpass what I had actually in mind when I designed them. Love it!

Many thanks for the kind words Jurgen, I'm humbled. Embarassed

Your designs are truly outstanding and it is only this that allows us to build modules that go way beyond anything similar; keep up the good work!

Can't wait to get started on my Living Vocoder Wink

Allan
emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, very impressive. I love sliders...though I can't seem to really source ones I like. What sliders/knobs did you use for that thing? I assume they're PCB mounted?
2thick4uni

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

emdot_ambient wrote:
Wow, very impressive. I love sliders...though I can't seem to really source ones I like. What sliders/knobs did you use for that thing? I assume they're PCB mounted?

60mm slide pots and matching knobs were from Rapid Electronics in the UK http://www.rapidonline.com/sku/Electronic-Components/Resistors-Potentiometer/Control-Potentiometers/Slide-potentiometers/65234/66-0140

They are 10K log rather than specified value (50K of 100K?), however I checked it out with JH and 10K Log work fine. The pots are not fitted to a pcb or matrix board, they are fitted inside a timber frame with a couple of removable retainer strips so that I can replace any sliders should they fail, they are all hand wired - lots of work! I designed this part first then designed the panel around the slider centres I ended up with. Certainly possible to fit them to a pcb but it would be expensive as a one off. Front panel was made by Schaeffer as a plain aluminium panel with cutouts, this had a glossy photo paper printed overlay which was glued on then sprayed with 3 coats of satin acrylic laquer for protection. I am lucky that I have access to a large format A0 size printer which prints to a roll of thick glossy photo paper Very Happy I have panel in Shaeffer/ front panel express .fpd format if you need it - obviously it will only work with the same pots I've used or narrower ones fitted to a pcb.
emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. I can't seem to find nice sliders here in the states. I'll have to check how much shipping will hurt.
adambee7

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again more class. Its nice to get a good visual representation of settings. That must of taken a while to build. Nice work 2thick4uni. Very Happy Very Happy
emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2thick4uni wrote:
The pots are not fitted to a pcb or matrix board, they are fitted inside a timber frame with a couple of removable retainer strips so that I can replace any sliders should they fail...

The more I think about this the more I wonder...do you have any pics of how you did this?
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2thick4uni wrote:

Allan

Shocked awesome
2thick4uni

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

emdot_ambient wrote:
2thick4uni wrote:
The pots are not fitted to a pcb or matrix board, they are fitted inside a timber frame with a couple of removable retainer strips so that I can replace any sliders should they fail...

The more I think about this the more I wonder...do you have any pics of how you did this?

Hi Emdot_ambient,

Sorry for slow reply, my camera and String filter weren't in the same location. Couple of shots of the pot retaining arrangement as requested, the two wooden strips that retain the slider pots are screwed to two pieces of wood underneath which are bonded to the aluminium front panel, hope this makes sense.

All cables are shielded, not sure if it's necessary but I just wanted to keep the noise floor as low as possible. The resistors you can see are just temporary, testing different mixing arrangements at the moment.

emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome. Yes, that makes total sense. Thanks!
TekniK

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wired 1 Flanger.
Last edited by TekniK on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
2thick4uni

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
Wired 1 Flanger.

Looks superb! Very classy job - any pix of your full system yet?

How do you make the front panels?
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2thick4uni wrote:
TekniK wrote:
Wired 1 Flanger.

Thanks,I let them manufactured ,these are laser engraved (cheapest solution so far).
2thick4uni

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
2thick4uni wrote:
TekniK wrote:
Wired 1 Flanger.

Thanks,I let them manufactured ,these are laser engraved (cheapest solution so far).

Wow, that sounds very interesting and useful - can you let me know where you get them made?
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2thick4uni wrote:

Wow, that sounds very interesting and useful - can you let me know where you get them made?

Its a local manufacture here specialized in aluminum only.
TekniK

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made finaly my JH Filter/Phaser VCF

this thing sound F**king AWESOME!

Thanks juergen for your great designs!

Last edited by TekniK on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
2thick4uni

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work Teknik, up to your usual very high standards. I really like the look of the complete rack - are these based on 5U synthesisers.com format or are they 6U high?
TekniK

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2thick4uni wrote:
Excellent work Teknik, up to your usual very high standards. I really like the look of the complete rack - are these based on 5U synthesisers.com format or are they 6U high?

Hi,thank u for your kind compliments,its 6u ,5u is impossible to find,in fact 5u subracks its nowhere WW available.

The gap at the bottom will be filled with a front that i will let manufacture ,the powerswitch will fit on it etc.
2thick4uni

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
2thick4uni wrote:

Hi,thank u for your kind compliments,its 6u ,5u is impossible to find,in fact 5u subracks its nowhere WW available.

The gap at the bottom will be filled with a front that i will let manufacture ,the powerswitch will fit on it etc.

That makes sense, I really like the idea of having power switch on the front of the rack without having to loose a module space to house it and psu.

Looks like you've invented a new modular format! Very Happy
TekniK

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2thick4uni wrote:
Looks like you've invented a new modular format! Very Happy

No,inspiration came from the Roland System 100M
strategy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my first JH build, been chipping away at it for ages. Huge thanks are owed to VTL5C3 for helping me trouble shoot and get it finalized.

Tau as a floor friendly module, with fairly maxed out (almost deluxe) controls. Stomp switch for rocking or, controls work nicely when placed atop my Farfisa organ and it sounds mighty on that keyboard as well. Stereo outputs and CV inputs make it work nicely at my mixing desk as well.

Thanks Juergen looking forward to doing more!

- Strategy

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Paul! That's an interesting and sparse design. It it working well?

Tom

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Page 6 of 9 [215 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: