electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Haible Vokoder?
Page 19 of 20 [481 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have emails for 9 pcbs so far, plus 2 or 3 statements on PM / forum / facebook.
So it's very likely that we reach the 10 boards.
I won't place an order at the factory before next Monday, so if you want to join, there is time until Sunday evening.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
jhaible

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've started a new thread for the debugging / building / exchange of information here:

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-330104.html#330104

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
CJ Miller

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, I can hardly believe this is happening! Hoping I can get it together by the weekend
jhaible

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CJ Miller wrote:
Wow, I can hardly believe this is happening! Hoping I can get it together by the weekend

You (or anybody else) don't need to pay anything up-front.
All I need till Sunday evening is your committment, by email, that you will buy a PCB when I have them ready to ship in a few weeks, so I can place the order at th factory with confidence.

JH.

jhaible

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've ordered big shipping cartons today!

JH.

decaying.sine

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

party!

I actually had a dream last night that when my vocoder PCB arrived it was cracked in three pieces, and JH said, "you can just wire those back together!"
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now it's official.

If more want to join, let me know till Sunday evening (per email, not PM).
But if you do, make sure you've read the last couple of pages of this thread, to avoid misunderstanding.

JH.

zthee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

janvanvolt

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is like the "Count" in Sesame Street. "Teeeeeennnnn" <thunder>
CJ Miller

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

janvanvolt wrote:
This is like the "Count" in Sesame Street. "Teeeeeennnnn" <thunder>

TEN! Ten counting Counts! Ah HA HA Haaa!!!!!
jhaible

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Order placed.

(As usual, there may be a few spares - but not many this time.
If anybody still wants to jump in, I'll keep a list in the order of when orders come in.)

JH.

3vcos

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just curious on the production run, is there any chance that surface mount pads could be added inside the through hole pads for the filter caps? Good surface mount caps at 1% are far cheaper than through hole and rather easy to get (and solder)
diablojoy

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love to jump in jurgen but now need to sort a few other issues first
car accident last thursday may have put paid to this one at least for a little while.
jhaible

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shipping cartons arrived today.
Mighty impressive sized for just a single PCB.
In retrospect, the best decision was to use a standard format (Din A3) for the PCB size. Now I can use a standard carton size also.

JH.

The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked

Wow, you mean like the size of a piece of A3 paper? I knew it was big, but hadn't really thought about it's ACTUAL size!

jhaible

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Bad Producer wrote:
you mean like the size of a piece of A3 paper?

Yes. It's probably the perfect size for a big project, because it fits tightly into a deep 19" rackmount enclosure also.

Jh.

keithwin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jurgen, as you know I have been interested in this project sine the first.
I still desperately want a board. I have only just seen these announcements and my first reaction is to jump in. But I have no spare cash for this project at this time which is upsetting for me; I don't have the technical ability to debug this project myself but confident that I could build it once the bugs are resolved and I admire the pioneers who are taking this project on. I dont think i have ever asked for help with projects, (apart from the efm sequencer), i prefer to get projects going myself and there is usually so much searchable help in the forums.
I really hope further boards will be available in the future as I definitely want one but at this moment in time the bank manager he say no.

Keith
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well poop! I started this thread, but this stupid forum software has failed to send me any updates from this thread for months. I'm bummed that I missed out on the test PCB run. If anyone changes their mind, please PM me. I'd like to be a vocoder guinea pig!
decaying.sine

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vtl5c3 wrote:
Well poop! I started this thread, but this stupid forum software has failed to send me any updates from this thread for months. I'm bummed that I missed out on the test PCB run. If anyone changes their mind, please PM me. I'd like to be a vocoder guinea pig!

He said that he'd have a few spares. It's a few posts back. Send an email and join the insanity!
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

decaying.sine wrote:

He said that he'd have a few spares. It's a few posts back. Send an email and join the insanity!

Yes. While I never know the exact number of boards that will be manufactured (a certain uncertainty is part of the contract with the supplier), I have taken a few spares into account. Drop me a mail ASOP - I'm allocating the spares in the order the orders come in.

And thanks for having started this thread, Romeo!

JH.

decaying.sine

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you anticipate being ready to take payments within the next couple of weeks. Tuesday 5/31 is payday and I need to do my monthly planning to make sure I have the funds ready.
jhaible

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

decaying.sine wrote:
Do you anticipate being ready to take payments within the next couple of weeks. Tuesday 5/31 is payday and I need to do my monthly planning to make sure I have the funds ready.

I don't know when the boards will actually be here (they should be in 2 Weeks, but who knows for certain), and when they are here I will *start* to accept money - that doesn't mean you have to pay immediately. I just don't want to have any money up-front before I have someting in my hands that I can ship.

JH.

decaying.sine

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:

I don't know when the boards will actually be here (they should be in 2 Weeks, but who knows for certain), and when they are here I will *start* to accept money - that doesn't mean you have to pay immediately. I just don't want to have any money up-front before I have someting in my hands that I can ship.

JH.

Got it. I'll plan for this month. I think I have all the harder to get parts now so the rest will be simple orders that arrive quickly.

Brian
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Juergen is holding a board for me. Very Happy All is well!!!
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Order confirmation from the factory came in a few days ago. This means, they have started production now.

JH.

Page 19 of 20 [481 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: