electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
lunetta sound samples
Page 11 of 13 [311 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
jcintheus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope no one minds my resurrecting this thread.
The Idea behind this patch was to emulate an electric guitar solo.
I used a 40106 oscillator, into a dual JK flip-flop set up as a divide by 3.
Summed those outputs into a 4051/17 melody gen.
Then I ran that signal into a guitar efx pedal.(digitech rp100)
The ABC inputs on the 4051 were fed by a 4094 getting it's data from an xor ladder. All CMOS Lunetta except for the drums. Embarassed

http://soundcloud.com/bill-chavez/sr-jimi-moron

DSC00042.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.36 MB
 Viewed:  584 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

DSC00042.JPG

tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nailed it! It has that same dreamy character as lets say a jimi song while still very much lunetta, awesome.
noise
jcintheus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you!
Feedback is greatly appreciated, especially positive feedback.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice. I like the clean layout - spacious and easy to follow. Having that little breadboard area in the middle is a great idea.

cheers salut cheers

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jcintheus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! Thanks Mosc!
I really couldn't have done it without this forum, an absolutely essential resource. Such a friendly forum as well. Thanks again! Stay tuned!
jcintheus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some experimenting with noise as percussion.

Used an xor ladder, some vactrols and a 4067.

http://soundcloud.com/bill-chavez/ttime
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jcintheus wrote:
Some experimenting with noise as percussion.

Good structure, it holds together compositionaly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This track was recorded a few days ago using half of a 4015 shift register, some outs of a 4040. a 4011 providing data info for the 4015, and that goes to my r/2r. Finally, that output goes to my 4046 vco (based on slacker's info quite a while ago).

shiftWar by Draal

jean bender

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everybody !

So for the first time i share one my sound !
this was made during a headphone festival...
It's the third time i use my logical noise project, and this is the V.2.

I only use a noise boxe which is between the spooly master and the Yum Yum Box, and two different boolean sequencers.
One of the two boolean sequencer is sent into a karplus strong, and i've put on my mixer's aux a headrush delay... I try to play with the less effects i can use !

enjoy !

you should go to this webpage :

http://stream.cannibalcaniche.com/placard/24_heures_du_manque1/

and use the player to find Jean Bender or right click on Jean Bender and paste the url on your hard drive.

Enjoy !

http://www.pilami.fr/photos/picture.php?/4021/category/229

www.electroncanon.org
jcintheus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work deadbeat

Here's one I recorded using a 40106, a 4018 set up as a divide by 3,
a NAND gate, and a ribbon controller (500mm softpot).

http://soundcloud.com/bill-chavez/ribbon

It's just a quick improvisation, but it was awful fun to record.
mako

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, nice sounds
and it has a lot of variation in it too, good job!

I only built this small modulation circuit with 5 oscillators and 8 NAND gates to mix them and modulate even more. It has a great random output but want to get some more 'sound' out of it, because now it are mostly ticking sounds and i am looking for some higher notes.

here is an example of my 'modulator' Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmGCLyyo06E
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mako wrote:

here is an example of my 'modulator' Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmGCLyyo06E

Sounds great to me. Kinda relaxing...

jcintheus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was trying to make long sequences with a 4015 and an xor,

But ended up with this:
http://soundcloud.com/bill-chavez/2-r-2r

4015 dual 4 stage shift register linked into 8-stage register;
7 parallel outs to R/2R;
stages 6&7 of 4015 to xor (4070) to data A on 4015

DSC00138.JPG
 Description:
here's a photo of the patch
 Filesize:  1.4 MB
 Viewed:  369 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

DSC00138.JPG

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soundcloud seems pretty brain dead on iPad. I click on your link and it invites me to install the iPad app, which I already have done. There is a button to continue anyway, but it doesn't work.
JingleJoe

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sound cloud is working for me and I think you acheived your goal, thats a really long changing tune Smile very nice and bleepy, I enjoyed it Very Happy

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mako wrote:
It has a great random output but want to get some more 'sound' out of it, because now it are mostly ticking sounds and i am looking for some higher notes.

If you want a method to turn those clicks into pitches, check out my Spacenuts track, based on the 4046 pitch tracker from Nic Collins' book. Just a few threads up Smile . Simple to build and very essential in my lunetta.

RingMad

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had the CMOS/Lunetta stuff on the back-burner for too long now... got distracted by other projects like the Vidiffektor and triple sinewaves and stuff... and now I'm trying to get back into this stuff, remember how things work, and hopefully enough momentum and time to start soldering stuff, instead of a mess of wires on the breadboard...

Nothing too fancy going on in this video, but I dig the patterns and sounds, so I just thought I'd share it...

- 4093 clock driving a 4006 & 4077 pseudo-random 4-bit generator
- those 4 bits, along with various clocks from the 40106 & 4040 drive 3 things:
1. 4017 & 4051 melody generator
2. 4017 & 4051 melody generator with clocked reset
3. R/2R ladder which feeds a triple-voice 40106 VCO

A blurry tour starts around 1m38s, and I let it do its stuff until I started tweaking knobs around 2m18s.

[ link if the embed doesn't work: http://youtu.be/x2vYEs_02aM ]
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds nice. I thought I was watching my own vid for a sec there - with the similar synth name and green font. Lots of stuff on breadboard. Are you going modular, or will this be a self contained unit?
RingMad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cynosure wrote:
Sounds nice. I thought I was watching my own vid for a sec there - with the similar synth name and green font. Lots of stuff on breadboard. Are you going modular, or will this be a self contained unit?

Hmmm, yeah, I still haven't come up with a name I'm happy with for this thing... maybe that's why I haven't made much progress Smile . CMOSter/CMOnSter are pretty obvious. As for green, it's my favourite colour and back in the old days of monochrome monitors I was a green-screen guy, not amber....

The long-range plan is to make it a suitcase synth with a bunch of patchable modules behind panels.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RingMad wrote:

Nothing too fancy going on in this video, but I dig the patterns and sounds, so I just thought I'd share it...

Looks and sounds great already. I love these kind of sounds. Smile

RingMad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me again with a short little video of the CMOS/Lunetta thing making random birdlike sounds...

I believe this was a 4017 & 4051 melody generator fed by a pseudo-random 4-bit generator (using 40174 D-flip-flop & 4070 XOR)... those are the LEDs in the foreground. I didn't take good notes so I can't remember where the 4th bit goes, if anywhere... maybe it's connected to the reset...

The link if the embed doesn't work: http://youtu.be/PHgrVhb01I8 .
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool sounds!
micheline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool
garcho

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bravo!
Have you tried recording it and slowing it down? I heard a radio show a long time ago about recording bird songs; if you slow them down, new intricate melodies appear that would normally go by too fast for us humans to perceive. That was something that popped into my head right away, FWIW.

Page 11 of 13 [311 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: