electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Finally!!! Nord Modular G2 OS & G2 Editor 1.62 (UPDATED)
Page 3 of 7 [161 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

doctorno wrote:
Blue Hell wrote:
an 1.60 patch

This sounds great! I love it!

Thanks!

I'm still wrestling with that one BTW ... currently at version 20 ... I can't get it "right" ... maybe I should have stopped at version 8 Wink

Jason

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wave
party time!
wave

Thank you Clavia well done
sopheapsem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I the only one in which this 1.6.2 didn't fix the Editor disconnect issue? Curious, because I also experience this same bug in 1.4 as well--consistently.

To clarify, in 1.6.2, same for me as 1.6.0, same for me as 1.4, I can connect my G2 via USB, open the editor and the hard/soft connection is made and I can build/tweak, etc. If I quit the editor & then restart the editor--I can't get the software to recognize the hardware until I either power-cycle the G2 or disconnect the USB cable and re-connect it. This has been the case ever since I first got the G2 (only about 14 months ago), and so seeing it in 1.6.0 didn't surprise me, and I was more surprised to hear people noticing it for the first time. But the problem is definitely NOT fixed on my system in 1.6.2, so I am now fully curious what is up? anyone else with the same system as me experiencing same/different?

Macbook Pro (2.33 Intel Core 2 Duo) OS 10.5.6 / G2 Keyboard (expanded) updated to 1.6.2

jake
BigShort

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sopheapsem wrote:
Am I the only one in which this 1.6.2 didn't fix the Editor disconnect issue? Curious, because I also experience this same bug in 1.4 as well--consistently.

To clarify, in 1.6.2, same for me as 1.6.0, same for me as 1.4, I can connect my G2 via USB, open the editor and the hard/soft connection is made and I can build/tweak, etc. If I quit the editor & then restart the editor--I can't get the software to recognize the hardware until I either power-cycle the G2 or disconnect the USB cable and re-connect it. This has been the case ever since I first got the G2 (only about 14 months ago), and so seeing it in 1.6.0 didn't surprise me, and I was more surprised to hear people noticing it for the first time. But the problem is definitely NOT fixed on my system in 1.6.2, so I am now fully curious what is up? anyone else with the same system as me experiencing same/different?

Macbook Pro (2.33 Intel Core 2 Duo) OS 10.5.6 / G2 Keyboard (expanded) updated to 1.6.2

jake

same here on my macbook and a G2X
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome sopheapsem and BigShort

Only a sample of two, but it sure looks like there is still a bit of a problem with the OSX midi driver. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BigShort

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi mosc,

thx for your warm welcome Smile
and hello to all members from a longtime lurker with huge respect
to all and their fantastic work with a big thx too!

greetz BS
manu81

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Add another thank you to Clavia from me. I'm a bit late, but still, thank you very much Clavia! Very Happy
dorremifasol

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey manu81, welcome, nice to see you here!

jackson dancing

zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sopheapsem wrote:

jake

I just tested this and I am NOT having the same problem. Let's re-trace my steps:

1) Turn on G2
2) Start editor software
3) Created a new performance, added some oscillators that are connected to main left output of the out module. Sound is coming out of left speaker.
4) Quit the editor. Sound is still coming out of left speaker.
5) Started the editor software again. Patch loaded up. Connected the oscillators to the main right output of the out module. Sound is now coming out of both speakers.

Is this test sufficient? What does it do on your set-up?

I am using a black macbook (e.g. the 'blackbook') with the latest motherboard for that model ( 2.2 ghz processor and 800 mhz frontside bus, 667 for RAM). This was the last version of the model that they made before the new, all aluminum line of macbooks. My G2 is probably from one of the first runs, it is several years old. I'm thinking the macbook model itself might be at the heart of the issue for some reason.

Last edited by zynthetix on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
gomidas

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THE WAIT IS OVER!!!! AFTER MUCH FRUSTRATION!!!! happy smoker thanks
tristanshout

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.62 hangs more frequently for me than 1.4 did. dual G5 mac, running OS 10.4.11.

Today it hung while storing a performance in G2 memory, which I've never seen before. Had to power cycle. The performance that it was storing got lost.
peterkadar

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man,

I'm just gonna roll with 1.40 for now. I picked up an old Mac Mini with a Power PC chip. At least I'll have reliabe back up plans if and when my PC and laptop bite the dust...
tristanshout

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm inclined to revert to 1.40 if I keep experiencing trouble. is it just as easy as running the 1.40 firmware update app?
ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it isn't, because if you're running the 1.60 driver, the 1.40 update program will not recognize the G2.

At least on Windows, what you have to do is go into Device Manager, right-click the driver (which you must do with the G2 connected, because otherwise the driver won't be visible in Device Manager), say you want to update it, then supply the 1.40 driver as the "update".

Once you've done that, the 1.40 driver will recognize the G2 even though it won't be able to talk to it. At that point, you can run the 1.40 update program and it will replace the system software in the G2 even though it is replacing it by an earlier version.

So it's not a particularly difficult process; but you have to do things in an order that may seem counterintuitive.
tristanshout

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think the mac version has any custom drivers. There's just the firmware update app and the editor app.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ark wrote:
So it's not a particularly difficult process; but you have to do things in an order that may seem counterintuitive.

wow! It may be easy to do, but you deserve applause for figuring it out.

props

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Oli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
It may be easy to do, but you deserve applause for figuring it out.

Yeah, nice work around, swapping the drivers. You are referring to the USB drivers, yeah?

ark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oli wrote:
Yeah, nice work around, swapping the drivers. You are referring to the USB drivers, yeah?

Yes -- those are the only drivers that Nord provides.
gomidas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G2 OS 1.62 disconnection problem here also(MAC & PC),... went back to Synth OS 1.40 with G2 Editor 1.62(intel), seems ok for the moment Rolling Eyes
boxcolony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aside from the disconnection problem, It seems that some patches get corrupted after the disconnetion. Sad

Anybody got the same problem?
gomidas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

boxcolony wrote:
Aside from the disconnection problem, It seems that some patches get corrupted after the disconnetion. Sad

Anybody got the same problem?

YES! Confused
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much to my suprise I got some a couple of the dreaded lost connection errors at the weekend (having not had any since I first got my Nord) but I had recently attached my Nord to my very recently acquired USB hub rather than direct to my PC, so I switched it back to getting a direct line from the PC and have had no more errors since.

Not sure how relevant this is, just thought I would mention it. I have heard that some devices just don't get on with all external hubs and mine is a cheapy and others are quite happy. E.g. To date my iPhone has not had a problem with the external hub.

ark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iPassenger wrote:
Much to my suprise I got some a couple of the dreaded lost connection errors at the weekend (having not had any since I first got my Nord) but I had recently attached my Nord to my very recently acquired USB hub rather than direct to my PC, so I switched it back to getting a direct line from the PC and have had no more errors since.

Interesting.

I've been running my G2 on a hub since I got it, and never had any problems until I installed 1.62, at which point I started getting occasional problems. Going back to 1.40 made the problems go away.

So I suppose it's possible that 1.62 is more sensitive to hub issues (timing?) than 1.40.
purusha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm. So, out of interest, which OS are you guys with problems using?

1.62 has been fine for me so far on Vista, hub or no hub.

iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

purusha wrote:
Hmmm. So, out of interest, which OS are you guys with problems using?

1.62 has been fine for me so far on Vista, hub or no hub.

I'm on 1.62 and only experienced the issue after quite heavy patching (presumably it is pretty intermittent), a good few hours in. However once it crashed, it did so quite soon afterwards, so I removed it from the hub and have not experienced a crash since.

That's not's to say it wont mnd. Smile

My USB Wifi dongle wasn't keen on the hub either but as I mentioned my card reader and iphone are quite happy with it to date.

If you ask me this USB lark is pretty wonky. My iphone and ipod hate the port on the front of my pc (crashes regularly during data transfer) but my wifi dongle couldn't be happier. It could just be a snugness (!!!new word alert!!!) of plug to socket issue.

Page 3 of 7 [161 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: