electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Moog 907A / 914 - topology Fixed Filter Bank PCB
Page 3 of 4 [88 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next

Interested?
No - no need for a FFB
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No - not without real inductors
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Yes - as long as you get "the sound" with your technology
86%
 86%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 38

jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And this is how it is done:
http://www.jhaible.de/ffb/jh_907_diskr.pdf

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Filterbank Order Form

These will be available about mid/end of July 2010 - taking orders now.

(See http://www.jhaible.de/ffb/fixed_filter_bank.html for details about the project.)

Please note that you will need at least 2 boards (for a 907-like 10-Band Filterbank),
or 3 boards (for a 914-like 14-Band version)

Pricing is EUR 27.00 per board

plus a single EUR 6.00 shipping flat charge for worldwide shipping,

regardless how many boards you are ordering and where you live.

It does *not* include any customs fees or tax that you may (or may not) have

to pay in your county.

What you get is a double-sided printed circuit board with component overlay,

approx. size 160mm x 100mmm.

You have to buy the electronic components for this, and build the device,

yourself. (Check the above website regularly for updates and building hints,

bill of matrials etc.)

If you want to place an order, please send me an email. (no PM, please)

jhaible@debitel.net

and use the FOLLOWING FORM (fill in your data instead of [],

for instance: "2 Boards" instead of "[quantity] Boards")

===== Start of Email Order Form ===============

Email Subject line: Filterbank: [quantity] boards

Email text:

I'm ordering [quantity] pieces of the Filterbank PCB

for EUR 27.00 per board + EUR 6.00 single shipping flat charge for any

number of boards.

I'm aware that I may have to pay additional amounts of customs and tax in my

country.

I'm also aware that I'm only buying blank PCBs that may help me building an

electonic module - I'm *not* buying a diy kit, not a "project" - just pieces

of FR4 with copper traces.

I know how to build electronic circuits and I am trained in electrical safety matters.

The seller of these PCBs will not be held responsible for any damage that results

from these PCBs, directly or indirectly.

My shipping adress is

[Your Name, your street, number, city, ZIP code, country, in exactly the form

that is generally used in your country, so I just copy and paste it for shipping your package]

My paypal adress is [your paypal adress].

I===== End of Email Order Form =========

Looking forward to hear fom you Smile

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
dcreatorx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: stack ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you I can build this in MOTM format ( a three pcb design ) ? ?
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: stack ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dcreatorx wrote:
Do you I can build this in MOTM format ( a three pcb design ) ? ?

I think if the panel is large enough for 14 decent-sized potentiometers you will also find space for 3 PCBs behind it.

For the mechanical construction, I'm of no help personally, but others here on the forum have worked mechanical miracles building beautiful modules from my naked PCBs.

JH.

tomcat

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For all those inductor fans, see this link:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/post-58700.html&sid=ee3defb8f26c56ea5d092cc00b116afc

One guy claims he owns the original inductor winding machines + all the technical data for the moog inductors. So maybe somebody can talk him into a small run Wink
terjewinther

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If someone here is on the Moog forum, please give this guy info regarding the FFB Jürgen is making. That would be great!

tomcat wrote:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/post-58700.html&sid=ee3defb8f26c56ea5d092cc00b116afc

One guy claims he owns the original inductor winding machines + all the technical data for the moog inductors. So maybe somebody can talk him into a small run Wink
intercorni

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomcat wrote:

Not Found
tomcat

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take this:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7613

or search for inductor Wink
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Playing around with the 914-style prototype

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiv2SHkfJ2Y

(my first youtube video !!)

JH.

dingebre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
jhaible wrote:

I will publish the inductance of each inductor

http://www.jhaible.de/ffb/907_high_induct_discrete_psu_overlay.pdf
http://www.jhaible.de/ffb/907_low_induct_overlay.pdf

JH.

JH
The high inductor discrete overlay has 4 x 300 mH coils. Should the pair next to the 150 mH coils really be 100 mH or something?

David

dingebre@3dphysics.net
http://www.xmission.com/~dingebre/Synthasystem.html
dingebre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One other question. Can one make a discrete version of the 914? If so, what inductance values are required.

dingebre@3dphysics.net
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder of cz-rider could make some Very Happy
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dingebre wrote:
jhaible wrote:
jhaible wrote:

I will publish the inductance of each inductor

http://www.jhaible.de/ffb/907_high_induct_discrete_psu_overlay.pdf
http://www.jhaible.de/ffb/907_low_induct_overlay.pdf

JH.

The high inductor discrete overlay has 4 x 300 mH coils.

yes

Quote:
Should the pair next to the 150 mH coils really be 100 mH or something?

no

JH.

jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dingebre wrote:
One other question. Can one make a discrete version of the 914? If so, what inductance values are required.

Haven't made the drawings yet.
But you can use the active version and calculate them from the NIC capacitor values: L = 2200**2 * C

JH.

dingebre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
dingebre wrote:

Haven't made the drawings yet.
But you can use the active version and calculate them from the NIC capacitor values: L = 2200**2 * C

JH.

Many thank on both questions JH. I'm looking forward to these. I'm seriously considering building a passive version to include in my Synthacon ressurection because Nyle never did offer a fixed filter bank, and they are so useful.

David

dingebre@3dphysics.net
jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recommend using a NE5532A opamp instead of the OPA2134 for the 14-band version.
(For the summing amplifier only. The GIC filters are built around RC4558.)

Updated component overlay at http://www.jhaible.de/ffb/fixed_filter_bank.html

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Juergen,if you populate the pcb with discrete driver amplifier and summing amplifier can these parts leaved on the pcb if you dicide to add the opamp based amplifiers option after?
jhaible

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
Juergen,if you populate the pcb with discrete driver amplifier and summing amplifier can these parts leaved on the pcb if you dicide to add the opamp based amplifiers option after?

Yes - you'll notice the jumpers on the PCB.
For testing, I implemented both, and then just changed the jumpers.

This applies to the small version (2 PCBs). The large version (3 PCBs) works with discrete driver and opamp output amp only. (As you can see, I've mis-used the PCB pattern for an entirely different output amp there.)

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok,thanks Juergen.

Another question; whats is or does mean the 'fish' like logo thats all on your pcb's?
krisp14u

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:

Another question; whats is or does mean the 'fish' like logo thats all on your pcb's?

If I remember Sunday schooling right that’s the sigh the Christians used to identify each other in secrete
This was back in the days when being fed to the lions was what happened to Christians

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it's an old Christian symbol, an Ichthys.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthys

I experienced a stunning miracle two and a half years ago, when a really severe tinnitus went away within a minute after a prayer to Jesus. I probably wouldn't have any fun designing music-related electronics anymore, otherwise. So I decided to give reference to him on my PCBs with a "Soli Deo Gloria" and that "Jesus-Fish".

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
Yes, it's an old Christian symbol, an Ichthys.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthys

I experienced a stunning miracle two and a half years ago, when a really severe tinnitus went away within a minute after a prayer to Jesus. I probably wouldn't have any fun designing music-related electronics anymore, otherwise. So I decided to give reference to him on my PCBs with a "Soli Deo Gloria" and that "Jesus-Fish".

JH.

Thats great!
terjewinther

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just got 3 boards (they look great!), and I am ready to start building. Looking forward to implement this into my moog/synthesizers.com modular.
I got all the files from Jürgen´s web site, but I can´t find any complete schematics for the 914 (3 board) version. I guess I will manage with the 907 schematics and the add-on, or is there anything else I should be aware of?

Also, why is the 10-channel 907 module more "famous" than the 14-channel 914 module?
jhaible

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

terjewinther wrote:
I just got 3 boards (they look great!), and I am ready to start building. Looking forward to implement this into my moog/synthesizers.com modular.
I got all the files from Jürgen´s web site, but I can´t find any complete schematics for the 914 (3 board) version. I guess I will manage with the 907 schematics and the add-on, or is there anything else I should be aware of?

Also, why is the 10-channel 907 module more "famous" than the 14-channel 914 module?

I haven't drawn complete schemos for the 914 version yet. Embarassed
I will, I promise.
You can already build them from the component overlay PDFs I've posted (*not* from the component overlay on the PCBs!!), and the input/output amp schemos are already there also.

I thought the 914 was the more famous one, but the 907 more rare. Not sure about either.

JH.

terjewinther

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
I haven't drawn complete schemos for the 914 version yet. Embarassed
I will, I promise.
You can already build them from the component overlay PDFs I've posted (*not* from the component overlay on the PCBs!!), and the input/output amp schemos are already there also.

OK, that is fine by me. I will be patient, and start building from the PDFs.

jhaible wrote:
I thought the 914 was the more famous one, but the 907 more rare. Not sure about either.
JH.

That is probably it. The more rare it is, it usually rises to fame.
Thanks a lot.
Page 3 of 4 [88 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: