electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cubase
How do i use alesis micron with cubase?!
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
naw0r

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: How do i use alesis micron with cubase?!
Subject description: please help
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im using an alesis micron connected via a midi usb cable to a dell inspiron 6400 laptop.

the software im using is cubase essential 4.

when all plugged in no sound is created but the 'midi in activity' volume bar rises and falls as though there is.

cubase apperars to be recognising the keyboard as it shows it as an option for output routing. when selected no sound comes through. if i change it from 'usb audio device' to 'windows gs wavetable sw synth' i can use the keyboard to play a piano sound but it is incredibly delayed and incorrect.

i want to be able to record sounds made by my micron into cubase. how can i do this when the above is happening? how can i fix this?

i would really appreciate any help or advice.

thanks
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please do NOT double/ quadruple post! It is against forum rules. Thanks Very Happy
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

How are you getting the audio from the micron into the laptop?

Cheers

Andy
naw0r

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: usb to midi in out Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im using a midi to usb cable.

theres a midi in and a midi out cable that go into the back of the micron with both connect to a small black box. from the black box theres a usb cable. this is connected to my laptop.

the light on the box marked 'in' blinks when i play the micron, showing that signal is being communicated.

i hope this helps
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'll need an audio cable too as MIDI is not for audio signals. Does your computer have an audio input?
naw0r

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: What does it look like ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I may do but I'm not sure. What does it look like?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you looked at the manual yet?

http://www.alesis.com/micron

If not, try reading it. A manual is written to help you understand how something works. Idea

Alternatively, try Googling "jack plug +audio output". If reading is far too taxing for you, press the "images" button.

Very Happy

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
naw0r

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have a thing which will convert a large jack plug (guitar lead type thing) into the smaller kind (earphones etc), shall i plug that in the microphone input?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't bother using those adaptors- these things are quite unreliable. It would be best to read the manual and find exactly what you need to get. Get some proper leads A decent soundcard too (usb based) Very Happy

FWIW, you are going to get really stuck if you don't read the manual- especially when you get to working with Cubase!

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even after you have read the manual in fact!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Even after you have read the manual in fact!

Don't confuse the poor boy! Laughing

Yeah- while we're at it, Cubase sucks. Shocked Laughing Laughing

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cubase
Jump to: