electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
this just out...
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
austincaine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: this just out... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

buddy o' mine told me about these forums. i suppose this is my first post here. so i'm kicking it off with a track i did today. enjoy! Cool
d/l from: http://www.austincaine.com/mp3/surrender_im.mp3

any comments are welcome. in fact i'd like some feedback, couldn't hurt. lemme know if you enjoy this track, if you hated it, if your ears bled, if you perhaps had an orgasm during listening (whether induced by the song or not). feedback welcomed, and well... enjoy!

austin.caine
producer/engineer
"what is, is. what isn't, i just haven't gotten to." - i think i said this once...

my latest e-m.com forum releases:
- // topic #3850 // surrender.your.will

jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

Welcome to the forum. I like the beat...1/2 glitch, 1/2 down-tempo.

is that an sh-101? An old bandmate used one extensively in an otherwise very "acoustic" setting, just always added an eery feel.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to electro-music.com. Well, you've got at least one perceptive friend. Laughing

I like this track. It has a nice trancelike quality without the usual trance boom boom repetition. I was very happy to hear the glitch track take a break in the middle. You're to be commended for that. Nice timbres, nice mood, well crafted.

I could do without the voice at the end - seems like a cliche to me. The little "honk honk" is choice though...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
austincaine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you for the welcome.

yes the last vocal is annoying me at this point. i'm probably going to remove it. it's already gone in the extended mix.

it's not an sh-101 it's actually my korg ms2000; however, it was made to sound like one Wink

austin.caine
producer/engineer
"what is, is. what isn't, i just haven't gotten to." - i think i said this once...

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome Austin.

I like the track very much. Well done.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Fature

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cracking track mate, enjoyed this very much.

Fature.
austincaine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i "fixed" it so to speak. i removed the 3rd vocoded "one last chance to surrender" because frankly i didn't mean to put it there. it is on the original full mix but because i made a shorter mix for the 'net, it was too out of place.

anyway this is also kind of a bump because i'm an attention-starved artist and i crave more feedback. hooray for insanity.

austin.caine
producer/engineer

Lars

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Austin!

This one is very cool, I like the moody, somehow melancholic atmosphere the track slowly builds up. Very cool spooky synths coming in at about 1:00.

Just small complaints, there's one very high tone that really hurts in my ears, you should remove or replace it with something more earfriendly Wink
And you should try some compression on the hihats, to me they sound a little bit too plain.

Nevertheless, well arranged track, I enjoyed it Smile

austincaine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah touché! there are methods to my madness after all.

that hi-pitched sound was personally designed by me to pierce your thought interruptions and focus your attention toward the speakers so that you can be fully aware of the change i have just made in the music! hehe but don't worry, i don't do that very much. this one is supposed to sort of hipnotize you and keep you aware at the same time (surrender your will).

compress my hi hat? i'm curious as to why, though. i also made the hi hat and added a slower attack so it would hit more naturally. the point isn't to sound real or not, it's to sound pleasing to the ear since it's usually always there. needs to blend into the background. i've personally always found abrupt or abrasive hi hats to be particularly annoying if used frequently Smile

btw, i'm heavy into sound design theory and all. also i like explaining my methods this isn't hostility at you or anything, lars, you just brought it up so i'm jumping on the train. i LOVE feedback! Very Happy

austin.caine
producer/engineer

Lars

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, no problem Very Happy
It were just my first thoughts when listening to your track. But the very high pitched sound really hurts, it isn't hypnotizing to me, sorry Smile

Bye Smile

Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Austin

This is really nice. Very laid back. I didn't even need to follow the ID3 instructions to enjoy it.... Wink

I particularly like the spooky, twisting melody line. That sounds really nice.

Doesn't really remind me of electro, it's not really dance music. Rather abstract really - reminds me more of stuff by Random Noise Productions, another user of this forum. Hope that comparison suits you both!

Never spotted that high-pitched thingy Lars pointed out - didn't jump out at me or anything. We must have different sensitivities!

Cheers

Dovder

ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe my ears have been damaged by too many years of mixing very load music in clubs, but I don't notice any painful sound in the mix.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am still in one piece over here. No injures at all. I enjoyed this one.
My pet reindeer is not enjoying itself of course, but that is due to it soon being dragged out into parking lot and hacked into very small pieces. We norwegians gotta eat, you know. ..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
austincaine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

many thanks for the comments you guys Smile

random noise productions eh? i'll have to check that out.

austin.caine
producer/engineer

Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked the rhythms, but the melodylines where a bit to "mellow" to my taste.
abuscemi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: cool Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Nice austin totally dig this one - well produced and interesting stuff going on throughout - this ones worth throwing on a driving cd - nice work. I'd agree with the above post that you could use a clearer melody @ different points but I do like the subtleness of everything though so I guess it goes both ways Smile

Andy

austincaine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the listen guys!

this one is more of a background or soundtrack kind of thing. driving especially. most of my music i write to drive to. best time to relax!

austin.caine
producer/engineer

Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: