electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music 2010
electro-music 2010
Page 1 of 3 [57 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: electro-music 2010 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have finally found a site and dates for electro-music 2010!
Mark your calendars now for the weekend of Sept 10-12. It will be three full days, Friday through Sunday. The location is the Greenkill retreat center in Huguenot, NY (near Port Jervis). It's a great facility with plenty of space for all of our activities, plus on-site lodging and dining. Stay tuned for an official announcement in the near future.

Retreats-Mary-French.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  161.13 KB
 Viewed:  39272 Time(s)

Retreats-Mary-French.jpg

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

let me be the first to congratulate you, Howard (and probably someone else) for your continual efforts to create an electro-music festival each and every year Exclamation

respect Hail the Master well-done banana wave

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
BananaPlug

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, looks great.
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats Greg and Howard! The facility looks fantastic! Very Happy
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice location, but dates are no good for me Sad
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oooo. New York State. I will have to find a map and see if that is finally close enough for me to drive to. Surprised Surprised

Edit: 86 miles NW of Manhattan. Oh well. Sad Finger Lakes in NY is about my limit.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada - some year? Smile
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll do my best to be there, for sure! EM09 had a profound effect on me, and by September I hope to have some sort of performance rig set up.

Les

darren bergstein

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: electro-music 2010 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:
We have finally found a site and dates for electro-music 2010!
Mark your calendars now for the weekend of Sept 10-12. It will be three full days, Friday through Sunday. The location is the Greenkill retreat center in Huguenot, NY (near Port Jervis). It's a great facility with plenty of space for all of our activities, plus on-site lodging and dining. Stay tuned for an official announcement in the near future.

Great to hear it, Greg. More soon once you post things 'officially'. Smile

> Periphery / www.otperiphery.com
> e: thousandpulses@verizon.net
kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great location and date. On my calendar.
rlainhart

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! Count me in.
http://www.vimeo.com/rlainhart
http://www.youtube.com/rlainhart
http://soundcloud.com/rlainhart
http://twitter.com/rlainhart
http://www.facebook.com/rlainhart
http://richardlainhart.bandcamp.com/
NEOREV

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice!
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice location. I'm there.

Home,My Studio,and another view
nobody

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks like a possibility. It's far enough away in time and on a weekend that we could make a trip, and it's only about 4 hours away.
electri-fire

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rykhaard wrote:
Oooo. New York State. I will have to find a map and see if that is finally close enough for me to drive to.

Ahww... I'll be crossing the atlantic for this most likely. Please come.
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... What's the closest airport to the venue?

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The closest major ariport would be Newark.
nobody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come by boat to Plymouth, then trek through the mountains. More scenic.
emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting...the dates are a bit suspect for me, as that's over my anniversary, so would have to clear w/the wife. It would be a long drive for me, but doable.
nobody

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope the wife approves! Wink
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a beautiful setting and thanks so much for finding such a great site for the next festival. I will be there and have marked the dates Cool

Bill
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audiodef wrote:
Come by boat to Plymouth, then trek through the mountains. More scenic.

Cool idea, but I would already be in the air for four days total, longer than the actual event. Smile

EDT: But I'm really tempted and negotiating with my wife!

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: electro-music 2010 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, not as far as I feared. About 4.5 hours driving.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's really a nice facility. Food is good.

There are many advantages over last year's venue. For one, we don't have to have the food in the same place as our concert venue. The rooms are dorm style, and t there are really nice lounges - beautiful actually - in the dorm buildings. Sheets, blankets, and towels are provided.

This year we can serve beer, and you can bring your own beverages if you prefer, as long as you don't drink them "in public". We interpret this to mean areas of the camp aren't reserved to electro-music 2010.

We'll have a big theater and a large multipurpose room for concerts, a nice sized room reserved for jams and such, and a beautiful comfortable library for lectures and workshops.

The grounds are beautiful for walks in nature.

The location is really nicely located for a rural facility. It's a 2 hour train from Penn Station in NYC. There is also a bus to Port Jervis from NYC. The camp will provide free pick up and drop off service for people coming on bus or train. I-84 goes right by the camp and it's a direct shot to Boston and points in New England.

From Philly, it's about a 2 hour drive up the NE Extension and then east on I-84. Don't use this as directions, just an idea.

The only bad news is that it is a bit more expensive than last years venue.
We expect the festival to cost about $320 a person for the three days and nights, with room and board. People who just come for the day with no meals will pay $30 a day. We can arrange meals on a daily basis, if necessary. Vegetarian meals will always be available. If vegan meals are requested, we will make the appropriate arrangements.

The rooms are nice but not luxurious. Most rooms are for 2 people. Showers and bath rooms are usually across the hall. There are several nice national chain motels in the area if those types of accommodations are desired.

Greg, Hong, and I visited and found the vibes to be very good. Weather at this location is very nice in September. Days can be warm and nights cool. In case of extreme weather, the dorms are heated. The conference venue itself is also air conditioned, if necessary. Easy access for loading and unloading equipment too.

I hope we get a good turn out this year. It promises to be the best electro-music festival ever. Please contact your friends and let them know about this event so they get electro-music 2010 on their schedules. See if we can get a lot of new people to come. As that famous Girl Scouting song goes: "Make new friends and cherish the old; one is silver and the other is gold."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nobody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for posting this info, Howard.

I will probably look for a nearby motel, as you mentioned "shower rooms" and I'm sorry to say I'm huge prude and insist on private showers. If I go, I will also request vegan meals for two (GF will probably come with) or maybe just ask around about good restaurants that can accommodate vegans. Or quite possible just an organic market where I can get my own stuff.

I hope I'm able to go. I'm helping my mom financially at the mo and we'll want to visit out of town family later in the year, so we'll have to wait and see. It does help that this is the last month I have to make car payments. Wink
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The rooms are nice but not luxurious. Most rooms are for 2 people. Showers and bath rooms are usually across the hall. There are several nice national chain motels in the area if those types of accommodations are desired.

Howard, this is VERY exciting to hear. Thanks for all the details. Robin and I plan to do the festival and I promise this year will have some DIY gear to show off and play on ... Wink

One question, I will assume for now there will be a 3 day rate with food without lodging on the premises? I hope this is not too premature to ask Embarassed

Thanks once again and this is so greatly appreciated.

Bill
Page 1 of 3 [57 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music 2010
Jump to: