electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Autumnal Equinox 2010 Streaming Concert
Page 4 of 4 [91 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: a request
Subject description: Did anyone capture a recording of my set?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the time I played on Saturday I was pretty rattled -- my interface was acting up and it took me nearly three hours to figure out what was going on -- a few times I was ready to cancel my slot... anyway, when I started to play I forgot to hit my <record> button.

The set was highly experimental and I tried a number of new things (not all worked out as planned)... anyway, if I can listen to a recording it will help me to analyze a few rough spots. So, if you have a recording and have the time to upload it I will greatly appreciate it and you will make a contribution to my ability to play smoother sets in the future.

btw -- my set was at 10pm CDT -- that is, 300 GMT.

Thanks! Smile

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I posted the recording of the Chez Mosc Autumnal Equinox edition on the Chez Mosc forum.

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-308674.html

This featured my guest, Dave Sneed.

Thanks again to Shane and all of the other participants and listeners.

Last edited by mosc on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:52 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: a request

kkissinger wrote:
By the time I played on Saturday I was pretty rattled -- my interface was acting up and it took me nearly three hours to figure out what was going on -- a few times I was ready to cancel my slot... anyway, when I started to play I forgot to hit my <record> button.

I really hope someone did record,. it was a very interesting/experimental set and I really liked it. I think I do have a small mutilated portion of it recorded but it's not really good Rolling Eyes . But if you're interested I could sent it to you.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kkissinger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: a request

PHOBoS wrote:
I think I do have a small mutilated portion of it recorded but it's not really good Rolling Eyes . But if you're interested I could sent it to you.

Sure, I'd be interested. Feel free to send it to me or just to post it here. Thanks!

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Kevin Kissinger @ AE2010 Live mutilation by PHOBoS
Subject description: live remix

After giving it a second listen I have to say it's not that bad (actually it's quite nice), so here it is.
It's the first 20 minutes and I think I mostly played around with a delay.
Hope you like it.

Kevin Kissinger @ AE2010 Live mutilation by PHOBoS.mp3
 Description:
Live AE2010 set (first 20 minutes) by Kevin Kissinger mutilated by PHOBoS by adding delays and a tiny bit of sampling.

Download
 Filename:  Kevin Kissinger @ AE2010 Live mutilation by PHOBoS.mp3
 Filesize:  18.41 MB
 Downloaded:  2061 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kkissinger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Kevin Kissinger @ AE2010 Live mutilation by PHOBoS
Subject description: live remix

PHOBoS wrote:
After giving it a second listen I have to say it's not that bad (actually it's quite nice), so here it is.
It's the first 20 minutes and I think I mostly played around with a delay.
Hope you like it.

Thanks for posting. Yep, you definitely processed it! Smile

Jack_Hertz

Audio files: 101
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my nicely mixed set. CD quality version coming soon. Kudos to Marc, Kevin and Jon for all the swell guitar loops. Thanks to the staff, performers and listeners for making this a really great show. EMjoy!

jack-hertz-streaming-landsacpe.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  jack-hertz-streaming-landsacpe.mp3
 Filesize:  55.35 MB
 Downloaded:  1991 Time(s)

kkissinger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Guess what I found? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was examining the hard drive and I found the NiceCast archive of my streaming set. Looks like at one time I set up the archive function and then forgot about it!

So, here it is.

In this set, I wanted to utilize some new modules and also delve into music that is a little more abstract and experimental.

Here is a breakdown of the sections:

00:00 A VCO's triangle wave is processed through the Yusynth Fixed Filter Bank and changes character when I modulate the VCO's frequency with the CGS Super Psycho Modulation Source. The FFB allows me to isolate different aspects of the complex modulation.

12:00 An improvisation in 14-TET tuning. I utilized my new logic units to allow a clocked pattern to build up over time. Once the pattern is established, I solo with a bank of oscillators and a voice that would sound like a "classic" analog lead except for the non-traditional tuning.

19:30 After a pattern builds up, I introduce the Bi-N-Tic filter.

26:00 This section introduces Inventor's Karplus/Strong VCO. Since I don't yet have it tracking in volts/8ve, I used it as a kind of processor to get some powerful delay/feedback effects.

31:30 Kept for completeness, though I encountered a clocking glitch that made this section sound really klutzy.

34:15 Having abandoned the first sequence, I tried again and still had the darned problem. Incidentally, I have not been able to reproduce it! (The problem was some uneven clocks. Such are the risks of streaming broadcasts.

43:00 A transition out of the sequencer stuff... by now I was tearing my hair out.

45:00 The ending. I returned to the SPMS and FFB and created a ending that kind of bookmarks with the beginning.

FallEquinox2010.mp3
 Description:
Fall Equinox Set by Kevin Kissinger (from the archive capture)

Download
 Filename:  FallEquinox2010.mp3
 Filesize:  50.24 MB
 Downloaded:  2253 Time(s)

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess what I found? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kkissinger wrote:
I was examining the hard drive and I found the NiceCast archive of my streaming set. Looks like at one time I set up the archive function and then forgot about it!

So, here it is.

It's so nice to find pleasant surprises like this!!! Thanks for posting the set, complete with detailed "liner notes." I look forward to listening to it.
Steve
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess what I found? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kkissinger wrote:

So, here it is.

that's great!
jackson dancing

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
And here is the MIDI chat log thingie.

Wow, I listen to this on the http://electro-music.com/radio and it's really fun. Great stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: DrSteve's AE2010 Set, PHOBoS multilation
Subject description: massive delay and some SA8

It seems that I got some more mutilations, here's one I did of Dr. Steve's set. Cool
Because it was basically mono and some parts were drowned out by the
massive delay, I mixed it in with the original, which might have caused some bonus flanging.

the other mutilations I have are from RedGreenBlue and NEOREV/State Machine/Kid Sputnik.
But I won't post those without permission (assuming DrSteve is OK with this )

DrSteve - AE2010 set (PHOBoS Mutilation mix).mp3
 Description:
mutilated with too much delay and a pinch of SA8

Download
 Filename:  DrSteve - AE2010 set (PHOBoS Mutilation mix).mp3
 Filesize:  28.03 MB
 Downloaded:  3763 Time(s)

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: DrSteve's AE2010 Set, PHOBoS multilation
Subject description: massive delay and some SA8

PHOBoS wrote:
It seems that I got some more mutilations, here's one I did of Dr. Steve's set. Cool
Because it was basically mono and some parts were drowned out by the
massive delay, I mixed it in with the original, which might have caused some bonus flanging.

the other mutilations I have are from RedGreenBlue and NEOREV/State Machine/Kid Sputnik.
But I won't post those without permission (assuming DrSteve is OK with this )
PHOBoSized again!!!! Very Happy Not a problem. I might even have the field recording track (raking, birds, cars, lawn mowers, etc.) that I layered improv. on top of--if you want to sync that in. Or, it can stay they way it is. Totally cool with me either way.
NEOREV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awww man, didn't see your post requesting my permission to post your mutilation until

of course you can! would love to hear it

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: NEOREV AE2010 Set, PHOBoS multilation
Subject description: lo-fi sampling, delay and other effects

MusicMan11712 wrote:
PHOBoSized again!!!! Very Happy Not a problem. I might even have the field recording track (raking, birds, cars, lawn mowers, etc.) that I layered improv. on top of--if you want to sync that in. Or, it can stay they way it is. Totally cool with me either way.

Smile, I'll leave it the way it is but you could upload it anyway, might be an interesting listen Wink

here's the NEOREV mutilation shakng2 (get's pretty wild towards the end)
I didn't mix it with the original but it does have some weird effect going on (besides the deliberate ones) which
makes me think that maybe somewhere in the EFX chain the signal got inverted and then mixed back together
with the original sound again.

NEOREV - AE2010 Set (PHOBoS Mutilation).mp3
 Description:
NEOREV's AE2010 set, mutilated by PHOBoS

Download
 Filename:  NEOREV - AE2010 Set (PHOBoS Mutilation).mp3
 Filesize:  26.95 MB
 Downloaded:  3785 Time(s)

NEOREV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice!
Listening and downloading now
Good stuff

Page 4 of 4 [91 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: