electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Announcement European electro-music Event 2012
Page 3 of 4 [83 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pere,

Can you say something about transportation to the hotel from the airport? Is there a shuttle bus or something?

Also, is there a good bus service on the island if we want to take some tours?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
trotz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Pere,

Can you say something about transportation to the hotel from the airport? Is there a shuttle bus or something?

Also, is there a good bus service on the island if we want to take some tours?

The airport is about 20 minutes from the hotel. I just asked and they told me that a taxi is usually about 35-40€.

There is a bus stop just in front of the hotel that goes to Palma. That's where all buses depart from. The stop is called Nunyo Sanç at Santa Ponça. Here you have a map with the bus lines that operate in the SouthEast of Mallorca. Single tickets are about 3€. The only problem is that the bus is *sloooow* compared to a car but perfectly fine for a trip to Palma or Port d'Andratx (where I live).

My idea would be to rent some cars for a good price and then take some tours directly from the hotel with total freedom. The rental company brings you the car to the hotel and you can leave the keys at the Reception Desk when you are done. Price is about 38€ per day (January 2011 price) fully insured, unlimited kms. Maybe I can even get a discount on that. I just phoned to ask about that and I'm waiting for an answer.

If you rent the car for all your stay, the car rates get lower (usually 1 free day each 3 or similar) and you can get your car at the airport. A representative from the car rental company meets you at the airport parking, you sign the rental contract and you can leave the car again at the airport on your departure.

If there is enough interest and we are a party of 15-20 people, I can arrange a bus rental so that we all go and have fun visiting the north of the island, visiting "Sa Cartoixa" where Chopin lived, Serra de Tramontana and Formentor, the roman ruins of Pollentia, etc... and eat some local dishes such as roasted suckling pig, "frit de matançes" or snails. Smile Also, for East Coast Americans you may feel interested about visiting the birthplace of Fray Junípero Serra, founder of several missions that later grew into the cities of San Diego, Los Angeles or San Francisco. For the sports suited, the hotel organizes (free) walking trips to the surroundings, for example the mountain of Galatzó or Puig de Na Morisca.

Feel free to ask anything about transport & excursions or any other subject!

Pere

mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trotz,

I got a flight ariving Sunday the 15th and heading back Sunday the 22th.
I managed to get a small car for a good price for the whole week to.
I'd love to reserve a room trough you for that period.

Cheers,

Dennis
trotz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally have prices for single rooms. They cost 40€ per night.

Double rooms (Studios) cost 30€ per person per night (min. 2 adults, max 2 adults + 1 child).

Family rooms (Appartments) are also available and allow for max 2 adults + 2 children with special children reductions.

DM me and I will give you the details for the hotel reservation.

mono-poly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hiehaa well done
joker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey gang,

I just booked my flight, so count me in for a week of fun !!!

I would want to perform a solo-set and I can offer a lecture about circuit-bending and/or introduce the Teenage Engineering OP-1 synth.

My flight arrives on Sun 15. at 13:25 ( AB 9250)

Anyone happen to arrive around the same time so we can share a taxi/rental car?
Keep me informed about any shuttle oportunities...

my flight back is Sun 22. 20:20

see you all quite soon!

best,
Joker Nies

Joker

www.klangbureau.de/cb_E.html
trotz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GREAT!

I will be in charge of everything related to accomodation.

For details about hotel reservations: amount confirmation, bank account, etc DM me and I will answer ASAP. I can also provide help regarding transport, things to do in Mallorca, logistics, etc.

Now, anyone is ready for organizing an activities schedule? We could use a Google Docs spreadsheet and fill in the gaps. Or any other suggestion is welcome!!! Smile

I will invite the spanish DIY group, BEFACO, to visit this thread.

Pere

trotz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

joker wrote:
Hey gang,

I just booked my flight, so count me in for a week of fun !!!

I would want to perform a solo-set and I can offer a lecture about circuit-bending and/or introduce the Teenage Engineering OP-1 synth.

My flight arrives on Sun 15. at 13:25 ( AB 9250)

Anyone happen to arrive around the same time so we can share a taxi/rental car?
Keep me informed about any shuttle oportunities...

my flight back is Sun 22. 20:20

see you all quite soon!

best,
Joker Nies

We locals will do our best to pick some of you at the airport. Of course, it will be very useful to keep a list of arrival times to organize the trips!

Looking forward your visit,

Pere

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bugger, I have been missing all of this!

I'm in, just about to send pm....
trotz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think we need to give a real BUMP on this. Smile

I will take care of anything related to accommodation, logistics, local trips & activities... but someone should take initiative on promotion of the event and activities program.

Any volunteers? Wink

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Flights all booked Smile

Arrive 14th Jan 15:10
Leave 22nd Jan

See you all there.
a100user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well much as I was looking forward to this I will no longer be able to make it.

No funds etc.

Have a great time all and I look forward to the post event report, pictures and maybe someone will keep a video diary?

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do we go about promoting this event, I would like to help but have no idea what I should do!
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sigh I'm really sorry but I won't be able to come to the event. I wish I could but things are working out in the wrong way for this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a shame Sad
Ganzha

Audio files: 27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: I would but..... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would be in this event but.... i need to find where I can win 1,500.00 USD for thaveling expenses..... maybe marry a millioners dother.... or robber bank? I dont know....
Ganzha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Ticket Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could someone buy a ticket for me?

Please!

trotz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: blogspot Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There will be a blog with news from the event as well as a google docs spreadsheet with schedule for all the activities. Please add your proposals!

http://eeme2012.blogspot.com/

This is the link to the spreadsheet with the schedule. Registered participants are given edit privileges so that they can choose the time slots for their activities and proposals.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av9up1GlhtfPdHBsU1UwZ2ZBVU5kTEFGRkJ5aG9uOWc

The spanish DIY team BEFACO are also joining the EEME 2012. For discussion in spanish about the preparation of the event visit their forum:

http://befaco.org/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=217&start=10

Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Building Benjolins Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who is interested in building a Benjolin while we're in Mallorca? I need to know a little bit how much kits and tools to take with me.

You can post here or PM me.

See ya all,
/Rob
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Rob,

I would like to please.

Cheers

Andy
Ganzha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: I would but I need sponsor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey -
Maybe somewone could be my sponsor?
I would be in this event but i have spent all money to a new equipment (new mixer, wires, mics etc)

sorry to ask help!
my two new relkeases here
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/104181
[2:44:44] vadim.ganzha: http://doporto.pt.to

davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

Just checking in to say 'hi', and wishing everyone a great time at the event. I wish I could attend, but it's just not possible due to schedule and expense of travelling from California. Each of these events that I have attended have been wonderful and I really miss you guys.

trotz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Building Benjolins Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rob wrote:
Who is interested in building a Benjolin while we're in Mallorca? I need to know a little bit how much kits and tools to take with me.

You can post here or PM me.

See ya all,
/Rob

Count me for another benjolin.

Thursday I will ask if any of my students will attend to the Benjolin workshop. Is it ok to confirm here Friday morning?

Also, how much is the cost for a kit?

I have two soldering tools & various electronics that I will bring.

mono-poly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll do another Benjolin to.
Maybe we can do a little hack/mod workshop with it to?
Really looking forward guys!
trotz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because it will unfortunately be such a small group, I will treat you as my personal guests!

Personalized music holidays!!!

Page 3 of 4 [83 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: