electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
A6 Noob looking for CC list
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Lovechld2000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: A6 Noob looking for CC list
Subject description: midi controller numbers wanted
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got my A6 and loving it. I looked in the manual and was expecting to see a list of every CC number and what parameter it controlled, but I saw a generic list without any specific controls apart from the obvious (volume , pan etc). Is there a list somewhere with which CC operates the filters, FM etc. I'm fixin to build me a cubase device map.
Mefistophelees

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.cyborgstudio.com/andromeda.html
Lovechld2000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CHeers man. I went there and I can see a full list of NRPNs in the sysex spec. I've made cubase devices for machines that list the CC controls, but I couldnt find a list of CCs and what they affect, only NRPNS. I'm sure NRPNs are better, higher resolution etc, but setting them up is not all that easy. I can see why no one ever bothered to make a cubase device for this synth. I know the Andromeda can respond to CCs, I was expecting to see a proper list somewhere, not the generic one listed in the manual. If anyone can tell me how to convert the sysex nrpns to something meaningful in the cubase device manager that would be cool.
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is something for the sx3 version, from previous correspondations:

a6 cubase midi controller.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  a6 cubase midi controller.pdf
 Filesize:  212.17 KB
 Downloaded:  172 Time(s)

Lovechld2000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a good start thanks mate Very Happy

Nuendo•MBase11•MKS80•AndromedaA6•KV100•Kyma•
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome,
one way the nrpn's are great , for computer editing it's no fun, anyway really hope one day somebody can/will make a public cubase-editor for the a6, would be great.
it can be done as i've already found free vst-editor for the alesis micron for mac. and that synth also uses nrpn's all over.
Lovechld2000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yEa i got that too from the cykong guy's site. I tried to reverse engineer it but sysex midi - and steinberg's pathetic support for their own brilliant invention makes life harder. I wish someone (alesis?) made a vst midi controller for this. You can get one for the moog little phatty. It's such a good idea. Then if dumb things happen like the LCD goes out or the knobs all fall off, you can still run it from a computer.

Last edited by Lovechld2000 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alesis /numark won't make it, sure.
no , will have to be some inspired genius to get this thing going for real.

isn't it possible to edit the micron-values ( of the free mac vst editor ) a bit , or would that be a too big workaround?
Lovechld2000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can see the values entered for the micron. If you connect an A6 and tell cubase its a micron it wont respond to the equivalent controls. The A6's sysex specsheet shows all the NRPN control data, but cubase has a sysex matrix. I don't know how to adapt the NRPN data for that matrix. (or even if you're supposed to do it like that). CCs are easy, its just a control number. I guess I could make a fader pack of 100 or so and attach each one to a CC and see what changes on the A6, but that could take a long time before you work out what does what. I'm still new to the A6. I read somewhere you can assign CCs within the A6 itself. I might try that once I get the energy. I'm supposed to be making music dammit, not geeking out with all this sysex nerd stuff

Lovechld2000

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's where I finished up. All I wanted to do was control the A6 with cubendo, write automation etc. So I built a simple Midi device panel that Responds to the A thru H General Purpose CCs in the global menu.
Each knob is laid out A6 ish with its letter associated with the global parameter. It's all the CC defaults except I changed CCA to 16 instead of 1.
So you need to change that in your global menu to make use of that, or re edit the panel to make it respond to 1 again. I set mine up like this and it seems to work. I guess you have to save what knobs do what when you save your patch on the A6. It's better than nothing. I had it set up like this.
(16)CCA - F1 CUTOFF
(17)CCB - F1 RES
(18)CCC - OSC1 PWM
(19)CCD - OSC FM
(80)CCE - F2 CUTOFF
(81)CCF - F2 RES
(82)CCG - OSC2 PWM
(83)CCH - ran out of ideas

Andromeda A6.xml.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Andromeda A6.xml.zip
 Filesize:  14.66 KB
 Downloaded:  152 Time(s)

sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oke, that's something nice to try out, thanks!
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: