electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Jürgen Haible is dead
Page 4 of 8 [190 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Harry_W

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
We should back off the family about speculations of how he died and whatever- out of respect. The same about his SDIY business. I think it's probably best just to leave all of those decisions to his family now. Out of sensitivity for them?

I totally agree with you. This is a time of mourning, not of speculations.

Anyway, I will see what we can do in terms of support for his family, and also with his musical-technical heritage. But not right now.

Harry
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all my wishes for Jürgens "new life".
and a Biiiiig thank you Jürgen for all that Synth DIY work you shared and all the generous help.

Elvis Presley ? Laughing Laughing
but a Big Star Very Happy Very Happy
LFLab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that is sad news, so young. Rest in peace Juergen.

About 47 years old, sjeesj, way too early.
Noiseconformist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: I still can't believe it! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm absolutely stunned ... I still can't believe it!
Following Jürgen's work for more than 16 years, the occasional online-contact we had
and the little insight he gave into his private life, showed what a fine gentleman he was!
My deepest sympathies go to his family and friends!!
Michael.

richardc64

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Always willing to share and to encourage others.

Indeed. My only contact with him was a single email; his response was prompt, and friendly, in the spirit of one enthusiast to another. Therefore, I did not "know" him, like some in this community do, beyond what I saw in his postings and his website, the content of which was nothing short of jaw-dropping in its expression of technical expertise and thoroughness.

My condolences to his Family, and his Friends, both here and in the wider world.

snufkin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very sad to hear this

his site was such an inspiration
wooster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've spent so much time reading his website, posts, and building his designs I feel like I knew him Crying or Very sad
qwave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a big lost to us, but a way harder loss for his family and friends.

Till "Qwave" Kopper

http://www.till-kopper.de
zarko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Repose en paix Jürgen. Sad
xpmtl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terrible news. A great loss to the community. Condolences to his Family.

R.I.P. Jürgen

robotmakers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terribly saddened at the loss of this fine and generous man. He was an inspiration to so many of us.

RIP JH

-Roger
SydHeresy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh that's too bad. ):
living sounds

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked. R.I.P.
Mooger5

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terrible.
I have been just one of the lurkers, following the website and threads regularly. So what can I say? A part of me still finds it difficult to believe.
Nothing in this Universe lasts for ever. Sooner or later our time will come. But for it to happen so soon, to someone whom has given so much to so many, and who knows how much there was still to teach, as there was yet to learn, please forgive me, but this passing away is just meaningless, some bad joke "whatever is up there" has pulled upon all of us.
Jürgen´s brilliance was only equalled by his patience guiding us.
I´m certain his legacy will be preserved.
My sentiments to the family and friends for their sad loss.
Rest in peace, JH.
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't know what to say, actually - still shocked. - but i am glad that he knew where he went. hope this will be of solace for his family, too.
The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He was such a big part in getting me started in making my own synth, when he started making PCB's I actually went a bit overboard and tried to build four of everything, still got a bit of a backlog, but the sound of our band, our music, my music, is almost entirely down to JH!

And when I was lost and had problems he was always ready to drop some hints and I learnt so much from that...

Now gotta get on with the vocoder!

I'd love to see a thread of pics of stuff people have made with his designs!

Charlie

numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Bad Producer wrote:
I'd love to see a thread of pics of stuff people have made with his designs!

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-24079.html
j.dilisio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for being so generous with your knowledge.
It's been truly inspiring..

Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Truly sad news.
He was an inspiration and will be missed.
Condolences also to his family.
Synthfool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd just like to express my condolences.

Although JH and I had our differences at times, we shared the same love for synths and DIY.

I was his original choice to host his photos and schematics and still have many snapshots of him and his gear here, complete with his handwritten descriptions on the back of each photo.

I still recall getting a laugh when he sent me his first package of photos, CDs and schematic drawings. Like other geniuses like Don Buchla, his schematics were hand drawn and barely legible.
I recall thinking how odd it was for someone so talented to neither have a host for his own works then (circa '96), nor a schematic capture program at his disposal, but I was proud to host his works regardless.

Later, many of these same photos were hosted on Old Crow's (Scott Rider's) site, but his site also removed them later in favor of, finally, Juergan getting his own domain.

I think the synth world is a better place having had JH visit for the short time he was here. I'm also somewhat shocked to find that he was younger than I am, which despite my own health problems, just goes to show how lucky all of us are to be alive here and now.

We'll miss you JH.
audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My electronic music composition professor at university once told us he envisioned himself being an old fogey sitting at a campfire with other old fogeys, all playing their favorite synth in a kind of old-fogey synth show-and-tell.

That's where he must be now... at the Old Fogey Synth Show-And-Tell in the Sky.

Non-Digital Tom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crying or Very sad
dcreatorx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: :( Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm so shocked about this. He was an example to follow for me. RIP Juergen. Your released modules will do their justice.
LWG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: thread topic Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

As a supporter and admirer of Jurgen's diy audio electronics work, it comes as sad news to hear of his sudden transition. My condolences go out to his friends and family. R.I.P.

All the Best,

Lawrence
Clack

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RIP ... he had a brilliant perspective on SDIY

There definitely needs to be an archive on his designs so they dont get forgotten.

Page 4 of 8 [190 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Jump to: