electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
New Nord coming to Musikmesse!!!
Page 2 of 5 [119 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
buzzr

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have cash to pay if it's a modular. I'm gonna buy 3 of them..
buzzr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But it's most likely a Nord Saxophone...

http://www.norduserforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=671
dorremifasol

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate when they announce something a week before releasing another organ.
Tim Kleinert

G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dorremifasol wrote:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Laughing Laughing
gomidas

G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has the size of a Micro Modular... Rolling Eyes
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dorremifasol wrote:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/03/19/clavia-intros-nord-electro-4d-keyboard/

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I propose that we in the future always prefix Clavia with "Swedish organ manufacturer", to avoid further misunderstandings.

Example:

"Today, Swedish organ manufacturer Clavia announced a new product on the upcoming(...)"

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
I propose that we in the future always prefix Clavia with "Swedish organ manufacturer", to avoid further misunderstandings.

Example:

"Today, Swedish organ manufacturer Clavia announced a new product on the upcoming(...)"

salut

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Tim Kleinert

G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

buzzr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nord have been taken over by the capitalists. The least they could do is throw us a bone or two. Instead, we get nothing.

But that's all we expect from them anymore...

Heres to hope...
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

buzzr wrote:
But it's most likely a Nord Saxophone...

Had it been a saxophone or an accordion, at least it would have been... different.

drapdap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! i don't have to buy anything. Well, not from Nord!

For me, one of the main points of getting a G3 would be to use the patches Tim did for them for free anyways!
They failed to catch this offer, they miss out big time. erm, bug time! Very Happy
I dunno how many nights i spent with the granulal engine a shure sm7 and some beer granulating myself into a lexicon mx400... never ending fun! Very Happy
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am disappointed too. I had hoped they would come up with something modular after so many years.
Music can be a Mess(e).
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surely for something like this to really be on the cards (e.g. a new modular from clavia) one (or more) of us on here would be in the beta somewhere. So I am not surprised...

Pretty sure there enough skilled folks on here that clavia must know about who they would want to pass a new product too for beta testing, even with NDAs I think word would have simmered out.

drapdap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iPassenger wrote:
Surely for something like this to really be on the cards (e.g. a new modular from clavia) one (or more) of us on here would be in the beta somewhere.

Totally!

but it will happen, if Nord won't make them, somebody else will,
just a matter of time, maybe it will be better, open, current DSP-s and all that jazz...
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With all the modern and (relatively) cheap analog synths available today, I still don't get why nobody has released a DSP synth to interface them all.

Example, G2 with multiple (and even expandable) audio and CV inputs and outputs. IMHO that would be the ideal complement for anyone interested in analog synthesis.

With enough CV inputs and outputs you could even route signals of an analog modular and store small presets.

Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote Clavia about new architectures(a lot are in SoundLab II). Now, I start teaching on the UA so meeting scientists in every field. So I'm willing to try to build a new dsp model with a few of them.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would be amazing, Roland. I wish you all the luck with that!
drapdap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dorremifasol wrote:

With enough CV inputs and outputs you could even route signals of an analog modular and store small presets.

that's what i do! Very Happy

I have a Paia 8 channel midi to cv interface set up with a 8x8 modulation matrix inside the G2, so i can send 8 signals to my diy analog modular.
the paia is not so accurate, but i use it for timing anyways, so it's not that important...
hegeldas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its possible i think to introduce module that communicate with a external card with the open source soft from bruno v and sensomusic usine.???

Who want to buy license to clavia to do something for that monster Very Happy if we are 10 to invest we can buil the best system virtual modular ever

A new virtual modular based on a dsp card like sonic core but oriented only to modular, with lot of module (salamender, buchla, rolan...) a plateform with module we can buy one by one, like a real modular, is it a dream, how are interest to do something in that way?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new hardware based digital modular in the vein of the Clavia NM / G2 will probably still be a niche product ..like the NM and G2 ranges proved to be. At least that is what I guess the clever swedish brains are thinking. We already have Reaktor and Tassman.. and several others that are software based.. add a computer and off you go. It would be nice to see another attempt at a new hybrid like the NM/G2, but this time I would like to see something that includes the user interface and won't need a computer for that.

That being said, what I really want rightnow is a standalone digital resonator module.. like a beefed up version of the one included in Tassman. I have too many cables all over the place already and it would be nice to have a physical module in the cab instead of piping the audio out to a Mac with Tassman on it.. and back in again. Uh.. and at least three individual channels be nice..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
drapdap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

take a look at current electro-harmonix pedals, freeze for instance, or line6 stuff. they are the same inside, a dsp with different code.
they are just not open, set fixed in the factory. on digitech pedals you can even see the programming port...

make it open source add a usb/fwire port, and there you go. how hard would it be to make a micromodular?

i can't code dsp's, but i can design gerber files for manufacture. Very Happy
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like this one?

http://www.chameleon.synth.net/english/index.shtml

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
drapdap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Like this one?

http://www.chameleon.synth.net/english/index.shtml

Yes. Sadly the Chameleon is dead just like the Nord Modulars. Sad
Page 2 of 5 [119 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: