electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
eChucK Reborn!
Page 2 of 3 [70 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks fantastic Les!

I don't fully agree with attdestroyers though, I think this project would really benefit from a lot of marketing. Maybe you could considder something like a kickstarter?

anyway, keep it up!

noise
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 258

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad you like it tjookum.

Yeah, kickstarter seems like a good idea except for two things: 1. kickstarter does not fund the start of new businesses, they do art projects mainly, and 2. I sort of burned my bridges at kickstarter when I got mad at them for not approving one of my projects. Apparently enabling blind people to "see" images thermally with their fingers is not broad enough in scope for them. Pfft. I'll grow my business without their help.

Ah well, such is life.

Les

Captain_Clams

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
enabling blind people to "see" images thermally with their fingers

What did you try to do, Inventor? That sounds like an interesting story...

Oh, and I've been watching this develop into "emSynth," and it's very exciting. I want to try to design a good one myself, with time. Very Happy
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Captain_Clams wrote:
Quote:
enabling blind people to "see" images thermally with their fingers

What did you try to do, Inventor? That sounds like an interesting story...

Oh, and I've been watching this develop into "emSynth," and it's very exciting. I want to try to design a good one myself, with time. Very Happy

Excellent news, Cpatain_Clams! Let those of us who are already skilled in the art pave the way, and once we get the process all figured out we will certainly welcome your involvement.

The blind sight thing was called Thermaview. It's a long story, but I have a working prototype but never got the funding to patent it. So I put it on the back burner, or rather turned off the burner and put it in freezer bags, lol. I'll thaw it out later. I have until the beginning of March, 2013 to file the patent and after that it becomes public domain.

Happy to see your enthusiasm, that's what makes electro-music rock!

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At this point I've got nine of the eleven planned circuit boards ready for manufacture. As soon as I get paid in one week, I will put them in my checkout cart and then in 3 weeks I'll have boards to populate! At that time also (or a few days later) I will order SMT soldering supplies and SMT parts.

I'm really looking forward to doing some fine pitch soldering again - that should be fun! I'll be ordering at least two of each board and a few extras for certain people and that's all this first run. After that the volumes go up!

Les

Captain_Clams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah, consider me down for a Spacializer and a Pseudo Random. Very Happy
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Captain_Clams wrote:
Oh yeah, consider me down for a Spacializer and a Pseudo Random. Very Happy

You got it, Captain_Clams! Please note that the Pseudo Random board is a bit larger, having four chips on it, so it will be more expensive - but still affordable!

Les

Captain_Clams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About how much more?
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Captain_Clams wrote:
About how much more?

Ouch, I did the pricing in detail, and it's a lot more. A Pseudo Random module will cost around $19.08 but the good news is the Spacializer module stayed about the same, a bit above $10.

Les

Captain_Clams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm still good for one Spacializer though. Very Happy
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Captain_Clams wrote:
Well, I'm still good for one Spacializer though. Very Happy

Absolutely! It's on order!

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tonight I finished the list of boards to be submitted to the board house - all eleven of them! This means that as soon as the money rolls in, I can order boards! Looking forward to that. Next up is parts...

Les

Captain_Clams

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you come up with an exact itemized list of parts, Mouser can get you anything quickly and cheaply. There's also graduated discounts for bulk purchase.
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Captain_Clams wrote:
If you come up with an exact itemized list of parts, Mouser can get you anything quickly and cheaply. There's also graduated discounts for bulk purchase.

Yes, I am considering buying from Mouser because they have the pots.

My internet is down (I'm on a borrowed PC). It will be down for another week at the latest. Can't be helped, equipment failure.

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm back. I busted out of rehab and hijacked someone's wifi at my new apt, lol. I'll have time warner install something legit soon. As soon as I figure out some pain management for my leg wounds I will order those circuit boards.

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No pain management yet but I ordered the boards two hours ago. Should get them in about 3 weeks.

Les

JingleJoe

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
No pain management yet but I ordered the boards two hours ago. Should get them in about 3 weeks.

Les

that is just about the time I should have some money to buy one Wink

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JingleJoe wrote:
Inventor wrote:

Les

that is just about the time I should have some money to buy one Wink

cool I'll get the parts ordered and the lab supplies for soldering surface mount and testing the modules. Gotta set up a whole process for this the first time around. after that it's easier.

Les

JingleJoe

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carry on the good work then! You'll be a one-man lunetta factory in time Wink

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JingleJoe wrote:
Carry on the good work then! You'll be a one-man lunetta factory in time Wink

That's the plan, Joe! And it's attracting designers. Already three people have offered to do designs for the emSynth project! One person has submitted a nearly complete design, two have declined the royalties, and one has chosen to accept emSynth boards as royalty payment. I will not mention who they are, preferring to allow them to announce themselves as they wish.

I am very pleased to see so much interest in the project and to be a focal point for all that wonderful creativity. At the moment there is another two weeks or so of waiting time on the first run of boards, then I will gather parts with my next check and building supplies like a fine soldering tip and an assembly style board holder and a static mat setup, etc. So I expect the first board to be ready for testing in three weeks or thereabouts.

I'm taking it slow because I just had moving expenses and I'm catching up on things missed while internet was down for three weeks total. Also I believe in doing things right the first time rather than acting in a frenzied rush like I did when I was younger. Expect good things soon.

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey! He's Back! Actually I'm quite fatigued. There has been chaos and calamity of a minor severity about me including a change of home health provider and a 3 day hospital stay for blood sugar stabilization. So today my brand new provider got the mail in addition to her other chores and guess what was in there?

You got it! a fresh batchPCB circuit board delivery, still toasty from the oven they were baked in, lol! I have just only had time to glance at them and i noticed something kind of strange - there are more boards than i ordered... a lot more! in half or more than half of the cases there are four boards where I only ordered two and higher quantities in like the spacializer or some such, I haven't even clued in to count them but it looks like i just almost about got a double order!

Wow, Sparkfun's Gals and Guys of technological wizardry create a circuit board service that is a key enabling feature for this little hobby business and guess what happens? A double order! Ok, i'll get over it, just a bit happy about the surprise.

Anyway, yes, too fatigued to put in a parts order just yet but over the weekend solder tip, solder paste in syringe, board holder, and of course many tubes of sexy little cute chips and R's and C's and such. hehe, gonna be a fun weekend.

If you ordered a spacializer, hold on to your cash in PayPal - I hope to have working boards really soon for you!

Les

tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a 3 day hospital stay, yikes. I hope everything goes back to normal soon.

Great news about the boards arriving, can't wait to see and hear them in all their glory!

noise
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After a restful night I'm awake and alert now and examining the boards for quality. They are just perfect! I can't wait to solder the parts on them. First thing I will try is the oscillator board. Will make a list of supplies and check it twice today just like they do in Santa's workshop, hehe!

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is awfully short notice but at 22:00 today (in an hour) I'm doing a show about emSynth. I'll post the show when it's done so you can listen to it now, whenever "now" is in my future of your present if you do time like I do lol.

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the show:

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-367602.html#367602

Enjoy,

Les

Page 2 of 3 [70 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: