electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Audio In
AudioFreeze!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: AudioFreeze!
Subject description: ...freeze realtime audio...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(Disclaimer: the purpose and functionality of this patch is not to be confused with the "freeze" function in Steinberg Cubase. Laughing)

Hi friends,

I haven't been posting much, although I've been very active on the G2. I've made some new personal breakththroughs in the field of Lo-Fi elastic audio lately. The stuff isn't finalized yet, because I have difficulty finishing it -the possibilities are too vast and I cannot decide which features to implement-or rather: which to leave out. Laughing

But here's an appetizer. It's a simple "one trick pony" , but one which I always wanted to have for years. It let's you freeze realtime audio in its tracks, so to speak. When engaging the "Freeze" button, the inputted signal gets increasingly timestretched until it comes to a complete halt after 13 seconds.

It is most effective on entire mixes. Try it on a piece of music. I run the stereo sum of my entire live rig through it. It's the sickest performance feature up my sleeve. Twisted Evil

Controls:
AUDIO source: Select the stereo source (inputs or internal busses)
AUDIO freeze: Freezes/unfreezes the input audio material. Note that the freezing takes about 13 seconds for the audio to come to a complete halt.
T-STRET frequency and jitter: Controls the frequency and frequency jitter of the time-stretching engine. Low frequencies withouth jitter give you that famous vintage sampler timestretch effect. If you crank up the frequency very high, the grain triggers stop working properly (a bug caused by the 24kHz resolution of the LFOs).
HPF and LPF: 6dB filtering; practical when stretching the audio produces too much static bass or highs.

The freeze function is mono, sorry. But the pass-through original signal isn't. It gets crossfaded when you engage freeze. One doesn't notice it anyway, as the ear is far too engaged following the effect.

The patch uses a vastly improved time-stretch engine, which is vastly superior to my older designs in terms of sound quality and efficiency.

Have fun.

AudioFreeze! TK.pch2
 Description:
Freeze realtime audio...

Download
 Filename:  AudioFreeze! TK.pch2
 Filesize:  3.11 KB
 Downloaded:  2284 Time(s)

tombola

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds truly amazing - any chance of an MP3 to keep me going until I get back to the G2?
tombola

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This really is incredible. Would it be feasible to make a stereo version? As a performance, maybe?
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not as easy as that, because you must have the granular readout engines perfectly synced for the L and R channels, in order not to produce unwanted stereo phase artefacts. But it can be done -I have some ideas. I'll do it. Basically, I have to decide to be more DSP-efficient, but use up all the interslot busses for sharing control signals -or be less efficient, but not use any busses. Personally I gravitate towards #2, because one tends to forget about patches using busses, which then can produce "interesting" surprises when running more than one patch. But as you wish. Let me know -I'll patch it.
tombola

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I spent a couple of hours playing with this last night - it's really fun. Attaching a seq to the pitch is quite interesting, when synced to the original track - as the track is slowing down, little rythmic tweaks appear.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another WOW.

This is amazing. Fantastic. So much to play around with.

Fantastic.

Tim, You Da Man!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gomidas

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thaaannnnnnkkkkkkkk yyyyyyooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Very Happy
Fozzie

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't wait to try out!!!! Your elastic audio patches are the basis of many patches I use frequently. Thanks for sharing.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Audio In
Jump to: