electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Pink Floyd - On the run ... any patches?
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
sheryx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Pink Floyd - On the run ... any patches? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

I am new in this forum..

I am Italian so sorry for my bad English! Laughing

Anyone has a patch for on the run by pink floyd?

Track 2 of Dark Side of the moon

Thank you! Cool
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know rob hordijk made a good on the run patch. try to find it in the patch archive.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome sheryx,

see http://electro-music.com/g2patches.php for the patch archive, there are a couple of "on the run" patches there.

Derek Cook

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, that's interesting news. Thanks

I do "On The Run" in Pure Floyd and use my beloved Nord G2 Engine for most of the leads (including the traffic noises for On The Run!), but hadn't thought of seeing how well it could do the "On The Run" sequence Embarassed I'm currently using a PLG150-AN for that, but I'll now have to see if the Nord can do it better! Very Happy [/url]

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Derek Cook wrote:
but I'll now have to see if the Nord can do it better! Very Happy

Cool I never tried the G2 patches for it, but for the NM Classic there was a good one!

Derek Cook

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do the "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" intro lead on my Nord G2, using a patch adapted from the archives. And some people do ask me where I have the Moog hidden!

The Nord also does a good Prophet bass drone emulation for stuff like "Another Brick In The Wall Pt 1" and "Run Like Hell", and it also does lead duties in "Any Colour You Like" and "Brain Damage". In fact the only lead synth I do that isn't Nord is "Run Like Hell" where I use the Analog VA in my trusty EX5 for the sync lead.

The Nord is an awesome machine! Smile

If I could afford a C2 as well, I would be in Nord Floyd heaven! Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pink Floyd - On the run ... any patches? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sheryx wrote:
Hi

I am new in this forum..

I am Italian so sorry for my bad English! Laughing

Anyone has a patch for on the run by pink floyd?

Track 2 of Dark Side of the moon

Thank you! Cool

There are two posted in this thread.

Please feel free to use any part of the one I posted (DARKNOODLE2)
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DarkNoodle2 is awesome, and much better than what I'm using on my PLG150-AN. Smile

I'm currently adapting it so that I can use it live as opposed to it being a self playing noodle, and I'll happily share the results for those that would be interested in using it live as well. Kudos and credit to the originator will be maintained of course. Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
Jackout

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should maybe try the Tetra! Have a listen to this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDFZM95m6Lo
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty good, but the G2 DarkNoodle is equally as good. Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Derek Cook wrote:
I do the "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" intro lead on my Nord G2, using a patch adapted from the archives. And some people do ask me where I have the Moog hidden!...

I'm curious, would you mind posting your lead patch?

Derek Cook wrote:
DarkNoodle2 is awesome, and much better than what I'm using on my PLG150-AN. Smile

I'm currently adapting it so that I can use it live as opposed to it being a self playing noodle, and I'll happily share the results for those that would be interested in using it live as well. Kudos and credit to the originator will be maintained of course. Smile

I agree, Ian did a very good job with this patch. I would also be interested in your version of "On the Run". Please post it.

Derek Cook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sure will do when I get five minutes to document the controller mappings that I am using. Life is crazy right now.... Shocked

Hopefully over the next couple of nights.....

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
varice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Controller mappings… oh, that’s right, you’re using a MIDI controller with your G2 Engine. You don’t have to go to too much trouble though, as the G2 Editor (by pressing the F8 key) will reveal all of your MIDI assignments in the patch for all to see.
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but my life has been hectic of late.

First off, I wish to make it clear that I am not the originator of this work, as credit where it's due, etc. The originator was Ian-S. See This Thread for the source.

My contribution is to take the excellent DarkNoodle and adapt it from a self playing noodle to something that I can use on stage and trigger and manipulate the sounds as I see fit. I use this in conjunction with my A4000 sampler, which has some general "travel" samples loaded for this song, like train station PA announcements, footsteps, horns, plane crash, etc.

What I have done is, to transfer the components of a patch to the four parts of a performance, largely because I always work in performance mode and because I can assign different parts to the keyboard.

So,
  • Part A - The weeeoooow sound, mapped to C#3 on the keyboard
  • Part B - The Helicopter type sound, mapped to D#3 on the keyboard
  • Part C - A general sound not in the original that I added which I had been using and is still useful, mapped from C4 upwards
  • Part D - The sequence, which is obviously self playing with no keyboard mapping

Part C Controllers
  • CC15 - Volume
  • CC109 - LFO Depth
  • CC110 - LFO Rate

I use this sound for general traffic sounds (in conjunction now with the two in DarkNoodle). It pans across the stereo spectrum and there is a pitch buildup/decay to simulate a Doppler shift. When I want to do the "plane crash" (might not have been a plane in the original!) I hit C4, D4 and E4 together (no LFO Mod via the CCs) to get a dissonant sound of an engine not sounding too good.

Part D Controllers for sequence
  • CC12 - Volume (defaults to 0)
  • CC13 - VCF Cutoff
  • CC14 - VCF LFO Mod Depth

I have the sequence volume down at 0, so when I finish playing Breathe as the chords decay away, I fade in the sequence using a foot pedal.

During the sequence itself, I improvise using the G2 synth and A4000 sample sounds mapped on the keyboard along with the CCs for modulation and depth mapped on my controller keyboard's sliders.

It all seems to work pretty well, and people get wowed by the fact that this can be reproduced. I used to be happy with "On The Run" on my PLG150-AN, but this G2 version knocks the spots off that one!

I hope that people find it useful, but just to stress, remember that Ian-S deserves the credit for putting the Noodle together in the first place! Smile

On The Run.prf2
 Description:
On The Run - adapted for live stage use by Derek Cook from DarkNoodle2 by Ian-S

Download
 Filename:  On The Run.prf2
 Filesize:  8.62 KB
 Downloaded:  1510 Time(s)

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
varice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for posting this Derek. Looks like a very good live use adaption of Ian’s DARKNOODLE2, along with a good explanation and documentation of how to use it. You did a lot more work on the adaption than I had assumed – very good job!

Last edited by varice on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:
I do the "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" intro lead on my Nord G2, using a patch adapted from the archives. And some people do ask me where I have the Moog hidden!...

I'm curious, would you mind posting your lead patch?

Sorry, I missed this request and just spotted it. I've just posted the "Shine On Intro" into the G2 Performances section of the patch archive

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-289307.html#289307

Thanks for the comments on the adaptation of Dark Noodle. It's impressed the guitarist in Pure Floyd, and he's a hard man to please!

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Derek

I am glad the patch was of some use.
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, Ian

Yeah, it's of huge use, many thanks for your efforts! Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
bugroom

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Another On The Run Patch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just did this one. It's basically just the basics. To start it, put "KB Hold" on & hit the 2nd E up. Then push the 1st button (ClkGen1 On/Off). The 5th Knob controls the frequency, the 6th the resonance. The 3rd controls the pulse width (though the sound seems to be a simple square wave). The 4th knob controls the level of the "drums". The 7th & 8th knobs control the filter LFO modulation - level and rate. Oh, and the 2nd controls the tempo (confusing explanation I know ...).

on_the_run_jn.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  on_the_run_jn.pch2
 Filesize:  2.36 KB
 Downloaded:  1229 Time(s)

varice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the forum bugroom!

Thanks for posting your version of On the Run. I will give it a listen as soon as I get a chance...

Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: