electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
POLL: how many NM Classic (NM1 or G1) users out there?
Page 6 of 8 [184 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next

Do you use a NM Classic (NM1 or G1) synthesizer?
yes
96%
 96%  [ 163 ]
not anymore (because of software incompatibilites)
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 169

secretkillerofnames

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thought I should say a proper hello.
I've been hunting an affordable Nord Modular of some sort for a while.
Have spent the last few months alternating between learning Reaktor an Roland Kuit's Laboratory of Patching (with the G2 Demo).
Just got a Micro Modular and couldn't be happier.
Amazing how timelessly inspiring this device is.
chrs
Lloyd
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A proper welcome then secretkillerofnames Exclamation
cooptrol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: New user! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, I got a Micro last year and fell in love with it, so much that now I have just acquired a Modular Rack. A bit sad to find out loading patches to separate slots still cuts the total audio output, but happy to have more knobs and display nontheless. Cheers!
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats on the rack Smile

And yeah .. the silence when it is compiling the patches ... only way around that is to have two Wink

Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome ! Smile
cooptrol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you guys. So maybe I should keep my Micromodular! Although the money I can get for it means more new gear Wink
adnauseam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: NM1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been noodling with my micro modular for a few weeks and just took the leap and got a full NM1 Keyboard. Can't wait!

This is a bad assed synth. I've wanted one for years and years but only recently have I gotten this terrible GAS. Gas that has allowed myself to make lavish expenditures Embarassed
cooptrol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you have both now? As I do... Will you sell your MM? I don't know what to do... What do you think?
adnauseam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: NM1 or MM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll keep it for now - unless I find the bills unmanageable Laughing

I think it will be fun as an fx box. I also have a midi guitar setup that might make things interesting. The versatility of the modulars is what I adore.
cooptrol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your insight!
secretkillerofnames

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm hopefully getting a G1 Rack in a week or two. My intention is to keep the Micro Modular as a "segue" machine Wink
questar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello to you all !

well, same as adnauseam Smile

NM g1 (keyboard) and NMM.
adnauseam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: NM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since acquiring my NM key I have *ahem* neglected to do a few important things.

Excuse me while I tend to reality.. Wink
clementshawes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got my rack but at the expense of some other gear; only problem I foresee now is the possible crimson wave as my rack slots turn red with Nord branding.

May well hunt G1 keys next - I can only dream of still having my Chameleon unit and using the filter or reverb patches amongst a chain from the NMr, Evolver and A3000!

Using a 'Wall Street' PowerBook running OS9 as that built-in SCSI and my samplers is just the icing on the cake for a rock-solid editor without VM's, Modern OS X 'issues' or having to touch Windows.

Most gratifying piece of gear I think I've had, next to MachineDrum UW...

cooptrol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally sold my Micro and only regretted it last weekend when I had a gig and a bulky backpack. Now I have money for a Monomachine...
secretkillerofnames

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And it arrived finally! surprise:
See you in a month or so Laughing
adnauseam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: New G1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome! Just remember to brush your teeth and stuff. Embarassed
cooptrol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats!!
rico C

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to be late (only 5 years) to the thread, but thought I'd check in anyway. The Micro Modular has been one of my favorite gizmos since '99 and has happily partnered with a titanium laptop running 9.2 since 2001 and still going strong. Works great on XP too.

I never had much luck with Nomad but some of the fixes posted on this forum have been seriously informative, many thanks to all involved.
Colin OOOD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unexpanded NM1, with a twist:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Sadly, the main encoder knob broke only last night. Any help to source a replacement would be much appreciated - please contact me directly at colin@oood.net (oh and I also do mastering if anyone's in need - www.mastering.oood.net).
paugui

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 37

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was playing with my G1 Keyboard today and noticed the main encoder sometimes skips...
At first it was a bit bad, but after twisting it a bit, I could only notice that happening once in a while.
Still, it seems a bit weird as I left it in the original case for the last months, so it was properly protected, but now is seems to be developing this problem...

Is it just cleaning, or might it need a new encoder soon?
cybermook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: NM1 Configuration
Subject description: Best to use current Mac or PC, or older models
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 Expanded rack; just sold my Micro +G2 expanded

I have a very large midi setup and removed my NM1 from the chain because it was creating havoc with my Unitors. I want to get it back to full use and would like some advice on what would work best. I have Macs running OS 10.9, Mac G5 running 10.4 to support devices that didn't get updated, a G4 with OS 9 for Oasys, and a PC running 64-bit Windows 7.The PC is primarily used to run Creamware/Sonic core boards under Mac control.

I want to bring the NM1 back in, probably with an additional 2 I/O midi interface just for that so the question is which computer would be the best to use. I'm assuming PC software is up to date, but will it run on 64 bit Win 7? Alternatively I could use an older laptop dedicated just to this.
I'd appreciate any opinions.
Silagemaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just bought Nord Modular 1 expanded.
I'm shocked how good it sounds. Raw and alive!
Have 7000 patches bought but discovered they're available for free.
In another thread I say tbat it's made me revaluate my other keys. It sounds very like my Alesis Andromeda! Like my Creamware Noah Ex with all its software emulations ( Minimax, Pro 1, Prophet 5, Odyssey etc). Brilliant emulations but Nord takes them on and wins!
Jupiter 80. is more polite but can be made to sound rawer when you strip effects, layering away.
Running it successfully on windows 7 64 with Motu Fastlane and Motu Midi Express. also no problems on OS X tiger 4.11 on PPC G5 allowing for known control delete and rename bugs etc.
Really love it. Looking forward to the using the random functions to add more warmth to it.
All in all a great buy.
amnesia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been a modular user for 11 years and not sure how I missed the NM. Its not like I didnt use AudioMulch, PD, Max etc and Buchla, EMS, Serge etc....Ayyway after upgrading Reaktor 6 and loving it I bought a Micro then a few days later a G1 Rack. Love it wish they would bring it back. Running on OSX10.10 via parallels Windows 10 (xp mode)
nuts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Colin OOOD wrote:
Unexpanded NM1, with a twist:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Sadly, the main encoder knob broke only last night. Any help to source a replacement would be much appreciated - please contact me directly at colin@oood.net (oh and I also do mastering if anyone's in need - www.mastering.oood.net).

How did you do the paint job on your modular ? I have some plastic stuff i'd like to give a new life. Thanks
Page 6 of 8 [184 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: