electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
5U 1MU Triple Soft Sync Module Run: Anyone here interested?
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Bryan B

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: 5U 1MU Triple Soft Sync Module Run: Anyone here interested?
Subject description: DIY kit or just the faceplate offered as well.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I recently made a run and sold out of some Triple Soft Sync modules on the Muff Wiggler forum. I am now planning on doing a second run and offering it here as well. I will leave the list open for a week or two, giving an update at some point with a deadline. The faceplates take at least a few months to get, then I have them screen printed and finally they are assembled and shipped out. I would request paypal payment when they are close to shipping. Shipping costs usually add $4-6 in the US.

The module is a 1MU wide expander for direct use with 3 Dotcom Q106's that provides inputs and amount controls for Soft Sync. It is passive and does not use a power connector.

I am offering this module in 3 different versions:
(1) Fully assembled module $90 plus shipping (usually $6 in the US)
(2) Kit $50 plus shipping (usually $6 in the US)
(includes the panel, 3 - 100K alpha pots, 3 - cosmo style knobs, 3 - Switchcraft style jacks, 6 - MTA connectors and a PDF assembly manual)
(3) Just the printed panel $25 plus shipping (usually $4 in the US)

On the assembled version, the top input jack is normalled to the second input jack (when no jack is inserted into the 2nd input) and the 2nd input is normalled down to the 3rd input (when no jack is inserted into the 3rd input). So you can run all 3 Soft Sync inputs from only 1 signal or use up to 2 or 3 sources as your inputs.

Below is the MuffWiggler thread (from the first run) that includes pictures of packaging and feedback from people who have already bought them:
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/topic-25853.html

If you are interested or have any questions, please PM me here or send an e-mail to (bryanjbenting@hotmail.com). I will want to know which version you want and how many to officially put you on my list. This thread will be updated as info or status changes on this run.

Thanks!
Bryan B

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am new to posting on this forum, so I am sorry if that is keeping anyone from getting one of these. I am known and have posted much more on the MuffWiggler forum.

If this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know.

Maybe there aren't a lot of people on here that have Dotcom Oscillators or need Soft Sync for 3 of them?

Last edited by Bryan B on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Bryan B

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Packaging Pics (from Kindered Lost) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bryan B

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: I will be ending this reservation list pretty soon, so make sure you send me a message this week to get on the master list.

After I close the list, I plan on only offering this as a finished module until my stock is sold. I might also offer up the cosmetic reject panels for purchase individually at a discount (if I have any). This is so I can order the parts in bulk and have full modules available and ready to ship after the run is over.

I want to post up a demo to show how this sounds with Dotcom oscillators, hopefully I can get to doing that very soon.

Thanks!
Bryan B

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made a quick demo of this module for people who might be curious what soft sync might sound like:
Bryan B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ordered the panels and I am ordering parts very soon, so my official deadline for getting on my list for this run will be Friday, April 8th (2011) at midnight.

If you find this thread someday in the future and want one, please PM or e-mail me and I will tell you what your options are.
Bryan B

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The reserve list has ended as of last night.

Parts are ordered so I won't be doing another run with kits until I have sold the stock of finished modules from this run.

Thanks for looking and thanks to the electro-music Forum for being another place I could offer this module.
Bryan B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just an update, I have plenty of panels available for this if anybody still wants one. Just PM or e-mail me about which version you would like. I ship international as well as in the US.
Bryan B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am finally running out of panels for this, so I am going to call this discontinued. If you are interested in this, I might release a newer version someday and add VCA's to let you control the knobs with CV.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
Jump to: