electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Schulte Compact A Phasing
Page 27 of 27 [660 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27
thermionicjunky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Having issues Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

baouftou wrote:

ive managed to find out that 18v in works only with AC so i desoldered everything needed as shown here:
http://www.dragonflyalley.com/synth/images/JHkrautrockPhaser/Power2.jpg
and went to GND & 15v+ (right pins as you read it) for my DC in.

I couldnt find BD239 and ive used BD241.
all else is as it should be.

Please tell me what i do wrong. I power it up but no sound at all. If i unplug the power from dc i can hear the bypass signal going through very well.
The switch isnt working at all. (I'v also tried several other switches with no luck) (is it a relay thing? My relay is a Finder 12v. 30.22.9 (B 43))

The Lamp lit up but the led never. (the lamp stoped to lit when amplitude pot was turned down.)
After a few tries (switching to -15v etc) now not even the lamp doesnt lit.

I could really use some help here. Thanks!

The circuit requires +15v AND -15v. You may have damaged something when "switching to -15v." What exactly did you do?
baouftou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Having issues Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thermionicjunky wrote:

The circuit requires +15v AND -15v. You may have damaged something when "switching to -15v." What exactly did you do?

I think its because i've used a led on lamp position that i dont see it anymore. must have fried it.

Well i put the 15VDC wallwart i have on the 2 pins on the right where is says +15 and i had the lamp always on and came off only when amplitude pot went down. (switch was doing nothing at all "i could hear the relay switching the moment i pluged the dc in")

Then i switched to the left side of the 4 pins where it says -15V and nothing happened. as if i had no power at all but bypass signal was so no it was basicaly no sound at all.

After switching back to +15v side now nothing happens.
But i dont get it at all. How do i wire this 15VDC ? It has 4 pins. Will a simple 15v wallwart work or do i need another?

Thanks for your reply. I found late that Haible has died. I'm sorry, and im really looking forward to this pedal to work it has an amasing sound from what i get on youtube.
thermionicjunky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Having issues Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

baouftou wrote:
thermionicjunky wrote:

I think its because i've used a led on lamp position that i dont see it anymore. must have fried it.

Well i put the 15VDC wallwart i have on the 2 pins on the right where is says +15 and i had the lamp always on and came off only when amplitude pot went down. (switch was doing nothing at all "i could hear the relay switching the moment i pluged the dc in")

Then i switched to the left side of the 4 pins where it says -15V and nothing happened. as if i had no power at all but bypass signal was so no it was basicaly no sound at all.

After switching back to +15v side now nothing happens.
But i dont get it at all. How do i wire this 15VDC ? It has 4 pins. Will a simple 15v wallwart work or do i need another?

Thanks for your reply. I found late that Haible has died. I'm sorry, and im really looking forward to this pedal to work it has an amasing sound from what i get on youtube.

Unlike most DC-powered pedals, this requires a bipolar supply, just like a typical synth module or piece of pro audio gear. This can be created with an AC wallwart and the extra circuitry around the AC input. There are some small switching supplies that could be used somewhat like a wallwart, but it sounds like you need to find an appropriate AC adapter and then find out what you cooked by playing around with the DC polarity.

The 4 DC pins are +15vdc, -15vdc, and 2 0v pins in the middle. You need both 15v connected with the proper polarity and at least one of the 0v pins connected or nothing will work.
baouftou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Having issues Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thermionicjunky wrote:

The 4 DC pins are +15vdc, -15vdc, and 2 0v pins in the middle. You need both 15v connected with the proper polarity and at least one of the 0v pins connected or nothing will work.

The question is. Do i have to make the bipolar board for any DC wallwart or do they sell bipolar wallwarts already made?
About my switchings in polarity ( i thought it would have protection since its full of diodes haha), what do you think i might have burned?
Thanks!
wackelpeter

Audio files: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the wallwart is bipolar of course not, but i 've hardly seen any and when, those where mostly +/-12V and the ratings are in most cases not useful with 80-120mA and the likes...

You will also need an AC wallwart of suitable Rating (AC voltage Output) to get the +/-15V desired... Also i'm not sure how current this module consumes but anything from 500mA should work... if smaller current ratings also work you can use that other WW for other projects...

Maybe have a look at MFOS site there's a helpful explanation how to build a AC wallwart bipolar PSU...

Regarding this PCB the power supply part is designed for an 18VAC Center trapped transformer with mains AC Input.

Possibly it is possible to modificate it to work with an AC wallwart Adapter but i won't give any wrong advices.

Easiest way is to build a AC wallwart PSU and connect it's outputs to the +15, gnd and -15V inputs of the board for Troubleshooting.Then all the other components before the initial +/-15V connectors should be ommitted.

that's all what is left from the Pins in brackets where it says MOTM Version only shown here:
http://jhaible.com/legacy/compact_clone/jh_krautrock_phaser_sch.pdf

baouftou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha your post made me really confused now with all the AC DC stuff.

If i use the 18v in we talking AC
If i use the 15v bipolar we talking DC from what i read on legacy page.

So im looking for a 15v bipolar wallwart. Or to create one from MFOS. Does anyone know of any premade wallwarts that are bipolar?
baouftou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi. so i fanally bought a 18vAC 1A adapter and pluged it directly to +18v on the pcb along with diodes fuses resistors and the LM337 & LM317 and it powers on. I can hear the feedback giving me a bit more volume as i turn it up but the rest of the pots do nothing. the switch isnt working (it turns on the moment i plug the power adaptor. and the sound comming out it almost as the bypass signal. the led doesnt lit at all. any suggestions?
baouftou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

quick update to my last post.

the switch didnt do anything to the relay cuz of a bad CD4007 ( ihad bought 3 only one was leting me use the switch) i counted all on pin 10 and:
cd4007 #1 pin 10 was giving me 1.5V
#2 pin 10 was giving me 3V
#3 pin 10 is now giving me 7V and lets me use the switch (dont know exactly how it works)
now my led was burned so i changed it and now led is working

the effect runs okay only the controls do nothing and i cant hear the effect
do i need to change to another CD4007 (maybe thats the issue here)?
if yes what are the V readings on it's pins?

Thanks! I Hope someone helps!

PS: lamps have been covered with plastic tape for coverage to ambient light.
wackelpeter

Audio files: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all check if you have the +/-15 were it should be... and then check if all pins for power of the IC's are powered correctly.
baouftou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wackelpeter wrote:
First of all check if you have the +/-15 were it should be... and then check if all pins for power of the IC's are powered correctly.

ive checked all LM741 and have [+15v on pin 7] and [-15v on pin 4]
only 2 of the LM741 the pin 4 is grounded so the -15v there is actually 0v.

Then there is the CD4007 and that gives
15v on pin 14
7v on pin 10 (at the moment)
Do you know what should it read on pin 10?

What else should i check?
Page 27 of 27 [660 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: