electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
Southern skys
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Southern skys Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Southern skys

southernSkys.prf2
 Description:
a G2 performance

Download
 Filename:  southernSkys.prf2
 Filesize:  14.73 KB
 Downloaded:  1900 Time(s)

Last edited by ian-s on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very beautiful...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
and70it

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: very nice Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice performance and the Chondroplast is also a great performance.
I am a new G2 user,in this time i work with the basics of synthesis but i'm very interested about this kind of "preprogrammed" pattern.
I ask myself if it's possible to make a little tutorial about this kind of performance (and share like a building block).
Thanx jan
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I am glad you like it.
I sort of make thinks up as I go along, although I tend to reuse a lot of ideas, I don’t use building blocks much, I prefer to patch from scratch, which increases the chance of coming across something new.
I do tend to overuse the arpeggiator, which is ironic considering how much fun I made of the feature when it started to appear on Roland synthesisers. And I can’t seem to help myself with the 1/8D setting on the delay module Rolling Eyes .
The bass player in this case is derived from the ‘sync’ output of the clock module (slot A, FX). It is a narrow pulse so it needs inversion for sustained notes. A rndtrig module thins out the notes. A second note send on the same channel gated from the event sequencer+rndtrig gives the occasional trill as the moog bass is in mono mode with Auto glide. I use these techniques a lot but try to vary and fine tune for each situation. I imagine how I would want the part played and work towards that, with varying degrees of success.
I’m always happy to answer any specific questions.
and70it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: thanx Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanx..
i will to extract from your prf a single patch and than i will start to study
it separately. I hope to understand something.
the problematic modules are:

note group (f.eg.: key quant)
random group (f.eg.: rndtrig, rndclk)
logic group ....
(i understand the function of the modules from manual but i have no experience
to make vith this a creative use)
sheridan

Audio files: 27
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another great sounding performance Ian! Smile I particularly like the intermittent 'watery' sound (if that is what is was meant to be) and short keys/pad sound... well, I like it all really.

And70it:

I was at the stage you are at now about 6 months ago. I have been lucky enough to have a decent amount of time to experiment with the more mysterious modules. I feel that experimentation is the best way to learn.

The Logic group may take some time to get your head around - I still haven't used them all myself, despite coming up with a whole load of good patches. Most of the other mentioned modules do what it says on the tin... or manual.

RndClk outputs a random control value every time it recieves a clock pulse - Step alters the max distance from the previous to the next random number.

RndTrig outputs a clock signal (at 100% prob) each time it recieves a clock signal, (at 0% prob) no clock signal, etc.

KeyQuant quantises incoming control signals to the nearest selected notes.

As I said before, I found experimentation to be the best teacher... make a BASIC patch and insert each module one at a time and see what it does - remember that most modules can be connected to most other modules, including control signals to logic inputs, audio signals to control inputs, etc.

Also, it is essential that you understand the concept behind positve, negative, bipolar, inverse, etc. control signals, and Mono/Poly and Gate/Trig buttons.

Good luck, hope that helps.

Hear music and Nord Modular G2 patches and find out music production tips at
http://www.nitetimeproductions.co.uk
and70it

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: thanx Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanx sheridan

i go and work work work
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
Jump to: